NEW Annual Passholder changes-HUH?

That sounds like $79 per night +tax. Under the new AP reservations they only guarantee to give you the lowest public rate available for your stay. The only upside to this new system is that they will reduce your rate anytime up to your arrival if a lower public rate comes out. In other words AP holders will never get a rate lower then anyone else can get.

peacefulgirl said:
AM I missing something????
This is a very difficult year for discounts, anywhere, with regard to travel and hospitality. The economy is evidently improving, and that's driving demand high, which in turn drives prices up.

You do not say what dates you are looking for 79.00 a night plus tax is the rate during the regular season. During Value season the rate is 59.00 a night plus tax.

Yes the discount rates for the value resorts have not been very good this year during regular season (regularly $99). They were actually $74 in the spring and are $74 for the summer too. They are now $79 for October on the best rate program. Not much of a savings ($20). Times are changing and the discounts are getting smaller. Not much we can do about it though. Most folks now have the mind-set, a discount, even small, is better than no discount at all.

philaround said:
In other words AP holders will never get a rate lower then anyone else can get.

That's not true, Disney considers any non rack rate (for example: an AP rate) to be a 'general public' discount rate unless it requires a pin code or club membership (such as AAA). In Disney's terminology the AP rate is a 'general public' discount rate in the sense that it is available to every passholder. The 'Best Rate' site is giving out quotes with AP discount rates already applied. If 'codes' come out I don't think we can expect them to be any lower than 'best rate' prices. And what Disney is saying is that if they would happen to release AP codes that are lower than 'best rate' prices that 'best rate' will automatically match the AP codes, thus giving the lowest price available anywhere.

Is $59 per night at a value rack rate during value season?

My original rate was $77 before I changed to the best rate program at $59.

mom rules

the 59.00 is the AP rate during value season

yes thats what I need, the 59 rate! Gosh for AP money, ya'd think they'll hook us up.... hmmmm I quess it could still happen...

peacefulgirl said:
yes thats what I need, the 59 rate! Gosh for AP money, ya'd think they'll hook us up.... hmmmm I quess it could still happen...

It looks like you are going during value season, so this is strange that you were not offered the $59 rate. Did you try again, I know the site keeps changing. Did you try an alternative resort (A/S Movies) to see if they were offering the $59 a night. Sounds like you're paying rack rate.

Also, when you get a quote, scroll to the bottom and make sure they are not quoting you a perferred room. If the standard is available, click that button and update and it will give you the lowest amount available. I noticed this with many resorts....especially the delux, the machine wants to quote you the most expensive room, but if you look at the bottom of the quote, you can see that the lower rooms are also available.

I went to the passholder site and I put your dates in and I get the Pop 592.20 for 9 nights, try again.

Yes, definitely try again! I got $65.79/night including taxes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter