never-built attractions

ultra63

Earning My Ears
Not sure if posted but fun to look at

http://blog.silive.com/goofy_about_disney/2011/06/post_11.html

"A Tom Sawyer Island-like children’s play area in the heart of Epcot’s World Showcase lagoon?

A roller coaster in the Japan pavilion at Epcot?

An ecology-themed attraction in Epcot’s Living Seas?

A Wild West-based boat ride in the spirit of Pirates of the Caribbean in the Magic Kingdom?"

I"ve heard about these. I remember reading somewhere that the "Mount Fuji" idea for Japan was scrapped due to advertisers. Way back in the day (when people still used film LOL), Kodak (a huge EPCOT contributor) was not happy with the idea of something called FUJI in "their" park. So it never came to fruition.

Not sure if posted but fun to look at

http://blog.silive.com/goofy_about_disney/2011/06/post_11.html

"A Tom Sawyer Island-like children’s play area in the heart of Epcot’s World Showcase lagoon?

A roller coaster in the Japan pavilion at Epcot?

An ecology-themed attraction in Epcot’s Living Seas?

A Wild West-based boat ride in the spirit of Pirates of the Caribbean in the Magic Kingdom?"

I always thought that there should be a Mattahorn style RC in Epcot but I was thinking in Germany. Fuji themed RC at Japan: Priceless.

I always thought that there should be a Mattahorn style RC in Epcot but I was thinking in Germany. Fuji themed RC at Japan: Priceless.

Also, I would like to see the Indiana Jones Stunt show at DHS replaced with the Indiana Jones ride (like Dinosaur) that they have in DL.

Two More:

1) Upgrade the Fantasmic Show to DL version.
2) Pixar themed RC at DHS.

I have the EPCOT Center 1982 guide book! Things they said they were going to add to EPCOT in the World Showcase was: Israel,Spain and Africa.

AFRICA-Made its way into being part of Animal Kingdom

ISRAEL-Was never actually built,but during the Millennium Celebration they had a circle vision type thing that showed the history of it,I believe.

SPAIN-Sadly never built,and never had anything in any of the parks.

BEASTLY KINGDOM! They still use the signage at Animal Kingdom with the dragon, pleeeeeease find a place to put it in!

Since this thread isn't about current theme parks attractions and strategies, I've moved it to the Theme Parks Community board. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter