Net Grocer or Grocery Stop

mom2mermaids

Earning My Ears
For our June 2002 trip, should we order via net grocer or do the grocery stop with towncar service. We would be using a towncar anyway. We have 2 DD ages 3 & 4.

I hate to use our precious time shopping, but the water which we will use lots of seems so expensive on net grocer.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Spend the extra time and stop at the grocery store. You can get LOTS of water, fresh fruit, a styrofoam cooler to keep any perishables cool. You won't be sorry!!

Just another vote for a Grocery Stop.....Net Grocer only delivers non-perishables. We've done Grocery Stops several times with Tiffany Town Car, and it's worked out great. I just make sure I have a prepared list, and I concentrate on shopping while my husband wanders around with the kids.

Thanks for the info. We will make the grocery stop.

Pitter-Netgrocer.com is a internet grocery delivery company that delivers non-perishable grocerys and some people have them delivered to their hotel room. The only drawback that I see with this service is that bottled water (which we drink lots of) is very expensive ($1.00 per bottle). For more info, check it out at www.netgrocer.com. I have never used the service, but others here on the boards have good things to say about them.

For our next trip (11-2-02) will be using a combination of Netgrocer, towncar stop and mailing things down. We'll be travelling with a large group so I thought that some of the snack stuff, ponchos, umbrella, kid gifts, and any misc trip items that we hate packing - will get mailed down to the resort. Netgrocer we can use for non-perishables that I don't feel like hunting down on our towncar stop. (we thought we'd give them a try- never used them before) I get a very specific list ready for the towncar stop. Last time I sent my husband in and he ended up will lots of extra items but managed to get everything on the list in record time. The list really helps.

Do the hotels ever charge you to get packages delivered? How long will they hold them?
Netgrocer sounds wonderful for the non-perishables.
Allison

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter