Need tips to get ADRs for already full restaurants

PrncesKMW

Mouseketeer
I am desperate to get a reservation for O'Hana, but am only just booking my package now for a Sept 24 - Oct 2 visit. Everything I really want (Ohana, CA Grill during fireworks, Le Cellier anytime) is already booked. Any tips on how to track these to see if something opens? :confused3 At this point I'm going on the site everyday and re-checking dates/times.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

If you go to "Thread Tools" and "Subscribe" you can subscribe to the September and October canceled ADR threads. Lots of good reservations always popping up on both threads.

Otherwise keep checking online or calling the ADR line. Lots opens up every day.

how many are in your party? that can make a difference too

if it is the 2 of you, try adding a third person to the adr

Crafty! I like it - will try for 3 next time.

Trish - thanks for the heads up on subscribing - didn't know I could do that.

Crafty! I like it - will try for 3 next time.

The only problem would be for any ADR that required a credit card guarantee (like California Grill). You'd be charged when the third person did not show up. I know we were at Akershus a couple of years ago.

pumbaa! now (since you brought it up) I had always heard that was a big no-no.:confused3. hubby and I are just the two of us, and I always thought about doing this.
sometimes it's hard to get ressies for 2. I thought, "why not say 3?" and then when we get there, say, or now it's just us 2." so.. that's Ok to do? I would rather have a bigger table anyway (although I am fine with a small "deuce") and we have often got a larger table anyway.
I heard somewhere if we show up with just 2 people, they will say, sorry, your reservation is not valid.
(hey, I still don't swim a half hour after eating and don't run with scissors I once stood in line at walmart to give guest services a dollar they overpaid me.. true story.. I'm a dork)

pumbaa! now (since you brought it up) I had always heard that was a big no-no.:confused3. hubby and I are just the two of us, and I always thought about doing this.
sometimes it's hard to get ressies for 2. I thought, "why not say 3?" and then when we get there, say, or now it's just us 2." so.. that's Ok to do? I would rather have a bigger table anyway (although I am fine with a small "deuce") and we have often got a larger table anyway.
I heard somewhere if we show up with just 2 people, they will say, sorry, your reservation is not valid.
(hey, I still don't swim a half hour after eating and don't run with scissors I once stood in line at walmart to give guest services a dollar they overpaid me.. true story.. I'm a dork)

You won't have a bigger table always. This has happened to us several times now. We just returned last month and I had booked several ADRs for a table of 4. My friends cancelled the night before they were to arrive. We still showed up at our ADRs for Coral Reef, LeCellier, & Turf Club and told them our party size was less now and each time we were put at tables for our party size. So while we were suppose to be a table of 4 at LeCellier, we were seated at a table of 2. They will accommodate you, and change your table size if possible.

Sometimes, if you're booking with a live CM, they will gently hint at you, "If you were looking for a table for 3, I could get it" so I see no reason to try for a table for 3 online, even though you are actually 2.

Others on this board might flame you so if that kind of thing keeps you awake at night, then don't do it. To me, if the CM's tell you it's OK, then it's OK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter