• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need the names of a few restaurants near where Cirque will be..Please

karensi

My Family and Disney are my two favorite things!
Hi, going to see Cirque in October and planning to go on the night of my 12, soon to be 13 year old grandsons birthday. I'm the Nana and not able to walk long distances. Can anyone please recommend a restaurant or two that we, as a family and my grandson in particular might enjoy, that's not too far a walk from where Cirque is?
Thanks so much

House of Blues is about the closest and might be something your family would enjoy. It has a southern menu of things like fried chicken, jambalaya, ribs, burgers, etc.

We like House of Blues and it's VERY close to Cirque! They have amazing bread pudding (our favorite on Disney property!) and very good, decently priced food.

Agree that House of Blues is solid and the closest by distance. Splitsville is also a great option and your grandchildren would highly enjoy it. Based off memory I don’t believe it is that much further of a walk than House of Blues.

Raglan Road and The Boathouse aren’t all that far, but for very close I would go with Jaleo or City Works.

Thanks all, I'm going to try for House of Blues (tomorrow is my actual day to make ADR's) but when I do a mock ressie there is nothing available there. I also tried to book House of Blues through open table but they say that the restaurant doesn't take reservations for that far in advance. I'll look into Jaleo and City Works, actually I'm not familiar with either. Splitsville can also be an option but now I kind of have my heart set on House of Blues, of course, the only one I can't get!
Thanks to all for the help!

Last edited:

House of Blues and City Works are the absolute closest. Just across a "plaza"

Then Jaleo and Splitsville. A long "block" down but I think it would be doable.

Thanks all, I'm going to try for House of Blues (tomorrow is my actual day to make ADR's) but when I do a mock ressie there is nothing available there. I also tried to book House of Blues through open table but they say that the restaurant doesn't take reservations for that far in advance. I'll look into Jaleo and City Works, actually I'm not familiar with either. Splitsville can also be an option but now I kind of have my heart set on House of Blues, of course, the only one I can't get!

We have always just walked into House of Blues and were seated immediately. It's a large restaurant and is not near as popular as others that are more centered in Disney Springs (I think maybe because it's pretty far out of the way from the bulk of the stores?).

You'll be fine snagging one closer to your date once things open up :)

I think you need to consider how you're getting to Cirque in the first place. If you're driving your own car, then House of Blues might be most convenient (lot dependent). If you're taking Disney buses, then it's worth noting that they drop you off and pick you up closest to other locations (Raglan Road, Morimotos, Planet Hollywood). You're going to have to walk to those places regardless. If you're Uber-ing...well....I still haven't figrured out where you get dropped off.

I think you need to consider how you're getting to Cirque in the first place. If you're driving your own car, then House of Blues might be most convenient (lot dependent). If you're taking Disney buses, then it's worth noting that they drop you off and pick you up closest to other locations (Raglan Road, Morimotos, Planet Hollywood). You're going to have to walk to those places regardless. If you're Uber-ing...well....I still haven't figrured out where you get dropped off.
Thanks ZephyrHawk, we will be driving there.

If you're Uber-ing...well....I still haven't figrured out where you get dropped off.
I did some research. It looks like you can pretty much be dropped of anywhere. Once you get into the car you can give a better detailed drop off point like "Le Cirque" or "Planet Hollywood."

For the OP, It looks like Mango or Watermelon parking lots would be the closest to Le Cirque (and House of Blues/City Works) With Mango being better.
The link is a map. The gray box is my recommended parking area you should shoot for. With the opening of the parking garages, I haven't been over to that area to see if it is general parking or perhaps reserved for valet parking

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fTbFHedJ7DmQQHEzFUuxK2afu4ZtOBHM&usp=sharing

It looks like House of Blues is taking reservations up to 30 days in advance on opentable. I would just set an alert on your calendar and make a reservation then. You shouldn't have any issues getting a reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter