Need Thanksgiving Advice

CarolAnnC

<font color=blue>Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syrin
Arriving early afternoon on Thanksgiving Day. My mother insists on a traditional turkey dinner, lol. What would you all recommend in the Boardwalk area? Any buffets that are good?

Anything within walking distance of BWV would be fine. Never been at WDW for a major holiday, and I am really looking forward to it. Just need help choosing a restaurant for the holiday meal. :) :)

Most Disney restaurants make adjustments to thier menus and add a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner on the holiday. I do have the info from the Yachtsman Steakhouse, but it's on my home PC, I will try to remember to post it tonight.
Usually, if occupancy is high, and the Priority Seating gets tight, Disney adds a few buffets in the Y&BC Convention Center (not sure if one is scheduled this year). They tend to get crowded, and I have heard about long lines just to pay and get in.
Whatever you decide, be sure to make PS, especially if your dining with a large party (6+).

Well...it is not in Epcot area, but we LOVE Liberty Tree Tavern in MK. Not sure if they do something special for T'gvng, but regular menu is 'Americana'...including turkey and Mashed potatoes.

But it is the atmosphere that makes it a perfect setting(IMHO) for T'gvng...colonial costumes(including the characters) and very 'Williamsburg' decor. What better way to celebrate this American holiday that by eating in the 'Thomas Jefferson' or 'John Paul Jones' room?;)

How about Cape May at the Beach Club? I had a difficult time choosing Thanksgiviing too. I have also heard people say they like the Yacht Club Galley. Have a great trip.:D

We decided to go with the Rose and Crown in Epcot. We're trying to eat our way around the "World", but there regular menu just doesn't appeal to us. We also thought it may be kinda neat to eat our Thanksgiving meal in the UK. After all, if not for our UK forefathers there would be no Turkey Day. :) My first choice would have been LTT, but we want to stay as far away from the MK as we can on T-day. I've heard it fills to compacity and we never stay in the parks all day. We like to leave, then return later. Our second choice was California Grill, but when I called on Sun. they only had three choices of PS's left. (1:00, 3:30 & 5:30) We wanted dinner so this didn't work for us either. We ended up with our 3rd choice.

I would suggest going to www.wdwig.com and printing out a list of the restaurants that are serving a traditional Thanksgiving meal and get together with your group and make a list of restaurants you may be interested in. Next decide on a time frame that would work for all of you. Prioritize the restaurants in the order of most interest. Call ASAP and take the one on your list that is available in your time frame. These PS's fill up quickly! By the way, you have to leave a credit card number to hold your PS on Thanksgiving day.

HOLIDAY INFORMATION:

Credit Card is required at time of booking as a guarantee. Advise the guest the full amount per person cancellation fee will apply for cancellations within 48 hours or no Shows.
Thanksgiving
Hours: 3:00pm- 9:00pm
Price: $43.99/Adult- $12.99/Child (3-11)
Menu: Turkey Dinner Traditional- Family Style- Tomato and Buffalo Mozzarella Vine Ripe Tomatoes, Imported Mozzarella, Basil Oil and Balsamic Drizzle, Oak Grilled Steak and Portobello Skewers, Black Angus Sirloin and Portobello Mushrooms with Home style Worcestershire Sauce, Steakhouse Crab Cake, Chardonnay Wine Sauce and Mixed Greens
Entrees- Choice of:
Steakhouse Turkey Dinner, Served with Mash Potatoes, Stuffing, and Cranberry Sauce
Yachtsman Filet Mignon of the Most Tender Cut of Beef served with Gratin Potatoes, and Sautéed Spinach
Black Angus New York Strip of this Classic Cut of Beef served with Crushed Potatoes and Roasted Squash
Pan Seared North Atlantic Salmon with Cannelloni Bean Stew, Forest Mushroom Risotto with a Madeira Wine Broth.
Desserts- Choice of:
Apple Pie, Pumpkin Pie or Pecan Nut Pie.
Tea or Coffee Included.
Children's Menu: Prime Rib, New York Strip, Hamburgers, Hot Dog, Linguini with Marinara Sauce, or Macaroni and Cheese, and a special Child's Dessert.

Thank you all for your help! Not sure if I would get into the MK on T-Day since we are flying in, arriving afternoon in Orlando. But the Yachtsman sure sounds yummy! I will let you all know what our group decides on.. :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter