Need some direction as to resort

momofsarah

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip in March for my DD's spring break (Junior year in college). She will have one friend come with her. So there will be four adults which includes my husband.

I am unsure as to how to book a room. Should we book two rooms at a value resort? Disney has so many options I am a little lost as to best case scenario. If we book two rooms, I have read there is no guarantee they will be by each other (which I totally understand). We are passholders so we do get some discount for rooms.

Any helpful advice?

Whatever you decide you should book asap. Spring break at WDW is extremely busy and those rooms will get snapped up. :)

Yes, I agree that it would be a good idea to book two rooms at a value resort. True, you aren’t guaranteed nearby rooms, but you can request connecting rooms or rooms as close together as possible. Disney does make an effort to accommodate requests. When you book be sure to have both reservations showing as 'travelling with' the other reservation. I usually call to book two rooms, but you can set up MDE for yourself and another for your spouse or daughter. Then book a room in each account.

Another thing that you can do to perhaps keep you a bit closer together is book a category that has a smaller area where rooms are located. That will at least minimize how far away you could possibly be from each other. In all stars or pop that would be a preferred room location. The price is a little higher for these rooms, however.

If you really want to stay together but also want some privacy, then you could book a suite in All Star Music or in Art of animation. The price is higher but you would have a door between you at night, two bathrooms and yet still be in the same unit.

Another option could be a cabin in Fort Wilderness, but that only has one bathroom which could be a deal breaker with young girls involved. The price tag would be higher as well.

I don’t know your budget, but I have recently read of people finding good deals at Coronado Springs as well. The pool here is great for young people with a nice slide and hot tub. I’m not sure what the prices are like for your dates, but it could be worth a look. The problem is that this is a huge, spread out resort, so there is the potential to have two rooms that are very far apart.

good luck!

Last edited:

Two rooms at Movies (fully refurbished like POP) would be great to save money, if you can swing POP it's a bit more expensive but the Skyliner is awesome. CSR is usually fairly reasonably priced as well and would be quieter and more "grown up" if the price isn't a huge issue. For my next trip it was only $10/night more than POP.

A family suite at Art of Animation could also be in the running. Plenty of room for 4 adults, with one whole bedroom separate. Two full bathrooms. In the room outside the bedroom, it has a double size sleeper sofa and a double sized pull down bed, which does sleep an adult. And believe it or not, that sleeper sofa is actually pretty comfortable for a pull out. The room also has a microwave and fridge as well that is nestled in an actual sink area with faucet, similar to a kitchenette.

Oh, and another plus... Skyliner resort!

For max affordability, you might also want to consider a 5 Sleeper room at CBR and you get access to the Skyliner. Can't tell you how impressed we were with the Skyliner on our 7 day trip to Disney last week, and the pull down twin murphy bed was plenty comfortable to sleep on. I'd have to say that CBR is probably the best value for all the resorts these days.

Traveling with other adults, one not related to, I would go with two value rooms or one of the value suites. The new rooms at Movies look pretty posh for a value hotel. Either way you get two bathrooms and separate sleeping quarters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter