Need serious advice for February 16th-23th

JohnDaleswife

Sharing the same birthday with Donald Duck!
We are going back to the world the first week in February. But my adult daughter, boyfriend and family are going back later that month, like the 16th-23rd. Crazy busy time.

We have never, ever went during a super busy time so I am trying to prepare her somewhat. They will be doing Epcot on the 20th and the MK on the 22nd. Not staying on site. I am going to make their Fast Passes, 30 days out, but I still need advice for them when going at such a busy time. Thanks.

Why would that time be a "crazy busy time". I have been there countless times around that time span and never noticed it to be overwhelming. What am I forgetting here.

If you're trying to accomplish a lot of rides/attractions, I'd recommend the touring plans lines app. We went the first week of April when crowds were supposed to be moderate; they were not. It was very crowded all week, but with plans and the lines app, we still did just about everything we wanted.

Why would that time be a "crazy busy time". I have been there countless times around that time span and never noticed it to be overwhelming. What am I forgetting here.

We are going this week as well, while I definitely don't think it will be "crazy busy" there are a couple reasons it may be slightly more crowded. In most of Canada and I believe also in the US the weekend of the 18th is a long weekend, it is also the week of most Canadian universities spring break/reading week, the weekend of the 25th is also a marathon weekend.

Really? I thought Presidents' Day will be high crowd levels.
It is possible. Quite a few years back we always went just after Presidents day... in fact we traveled on that day when we drove down from Vermont. But, it usually worked out that the schools up north were out for mid-winter break during that time and until the day after March 3rd which was Town Meeting day. So I usually would go there after Presidents day. The weekend might be busy, but, not anything like summer time. Back then it was just the northeast that had school breaks during that time. I'm going down there on the 12th and just staying for five days so I will be on my way home just as the weekend starts. My time will be split between Uni, WDW and perhaps some other place like Cape Canaveral.

Presidents Day. We went Presidents Day week in 2013. Lots of park traffic.

Presidents Day. We went Presidents Day week in 2013. Lots of park traffic.
I'm sure that could have changed with time, but, presidents day is a semi-holiday and I never found that the crowds were that heavy in comparison to summer time, for example. I have been when it was crazy busy and have been when it was like a graveyard. I prefer the middle like Presidents Day because to me it just seems more alive with a moderate crowd then a small one and more manageable with a moderate then a huge crowd. But, like I said, it has been a few years since I was there during that week, so things might have changed. I'm heading down there on the 13th and returning on the 18th so it will probably be just ahead of that weekend.

@goofyernmost Yeah, I think it's also about perception. We usually go in early January with low crowd so the President's Day crowds were big for us. We have never been in summer. Hopefully it's not too crazy when you guys are there.:) -Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter