• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Resort Advice!

So me and my big family have decided we are going to go to Disney World in 2021 for the 50th and were gonna really do it up big. But not TOO big. Lol.

There are about 10 us, could be 11 or 12 when the time comes though. We want to stay in a deluxe I think, but not TOO expensive. Nothing on the Monorail. We've only stayed at value and moderate.

We don't really mind sharing a suite if it would be more economical to get two of those. But I didn't know if separate rooms would be cheaper.

Any recommendations for resorts? :)

Last edited:
So me and my big family have decided we are going to go to Disney World in 2021 for the 50th and were gonna really do it up big. But not TOO big. Lol.

There are about 10 us, could be 11 or 12 when the time comes though. We want to stay in a deluxe I think, but not TOO expensive. Nothing on the Monorail. We've only stayed at value and moderate.

We don't really mind sharing a suite if it would be more economical. But I didn't know if separate rooms would be cheaper.

There are no suites that will accommodate 11 or 12 people. There are Grand Villas but they are in DVC resorts (and not all DVC resorts, at that). They don't come cheaply if you are lucky enough to be able to book one with cash. Even with renting points, they can be quite expensive (but very, very nice).

AKL and WL have sometimes been referred to as "deluxe lite" because their transportation options are not as diverse as the other Deluxe Resorts and their rack rates are not as high. However, they are very nice and you could not go wrong with either one. WL is a better choice if you will mostly be going to the MK. AKL is a good choice if your trip involves a lot of time spent at the resort.

The CR Garden Wing rooms are one of the best kept secrets at Disney, with rates that are well below other rooms in monorail resorts. The views are nothing to write home about but the convenience of the monorail, boats and walking to the MK are well worth it.

Is MK going to be your focus? If so, I would price out regular rooms at WL and villas at CCV and BRV. As PP noted, WL and AKL are "deluxe lite" and typically price out less than the other deluxes.

CR Garden Wing is also a good suggestion - look into the Hospitality Suite (which holds 7) plus booking an additional room in the garden wing (which would hold another 5 guests). The Hospitality Suite is HUGE and you could all hang out in there (plus those listed in the suite would get CL privileges). That suite will also price out much lower than the suites in the CR tower.

Not deluxe, but two cabins at Ft. W would also accommodate your group and get you boat access to MK.

You could certainly try to book a Grand Villa - your most economical bet would be to contact a reputable DVC rental company to inquire about renting points about a year ahead of time.

HANDS DOWN multiple rooms. POR is a great option with the boat to DS and what many feel is the best food court on WDW property.

We had a trip several years back that had a group of 9 - all family so we were interested in the Treehouse Villas at SSR. At the time, it was more than double than 4 rooms at POR, so we opted to stay there.

AKL and WL are both beautiful resorts and depending on the time of year ( and current specials ) they are typically the lower cost Deluxe option. They do fill up fast though.

We are Epcot fans so we love both the BC and the BWI. Walking distance to EP and HS. ( Boats too )

We don't really mind sharing a suite if it would be more economical to get two of those. But I didn't know if separate rooms would be cheaper.

Rent dvc, go deluxe for similar to moderate and have a wonderful time... preplanning is a Huge factor .. we ve done several very successful group trips and the memories will last a lifetime. AKL, Poly were amazing choices for us.

Each individual family will want time away from the others, to enjoy a little time as a family. Go for separate rooms.

I agree; pre-planning is huge.

You are looking at at least 3 rooms or a grand villa depending upon the time of year the grand villas start around 1000 per night that’s if you can find a cash reservation for them even renting points can be hard as just like the cheap studious they book fast at the 11 month point

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter