Need Ideas: Marriage Proposal on Dream!!!

Spoonces

Mouseketeer
My family and I are on the Dream Sailing this Sunday and my DBIL will be proposing to his Fiancee. :love: This will not by any means be a total surprise but I was looking for some ideas on how he could make this special? The ring is being sent ahead so there is some element of surprise though. Has anyone done this on a Disney Cruise? Is there any way to get help from the Crew or Characters? This is my 3rd cruise with DCL but for the happy couple it will be their first, so my DBIL doesn't really know what he has as options. They weren't able to get a res at Palo or Remy but they will try at boarding so that is a possibility I guess. Any other Ideas?? :confused3

If you let your head server know, there can be a "I'm celebrating" cake in the dining room or a spun sugar sculpture on a plate in Palo.

OK there's "official" stuff that happens for everyone, then there are things that just "happen." For instance, they might be interviewed on the red carpet for the GOlden Mickeys or get a shout out from the CD before a show. Minnie is always VERY excited about rings!

Ooh...how exciting! I would have your brother in law sneak away and contact guest services upon boarding. I am sure that they would be thrilled to help in any way! He will have to decide if they want the proposal to be public or private. From that point on, he can make his plans.

Remy or Palo was the obvious choice, but leaving the ring in an interesting spot would be great too! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

If you go to Palo and tell them the situation I can almost guaranty they will be able to sneak you in. They always seem to have a few spots open. I proposed at Cinderella's Royal Table and they brought out the ring on a coverd plate with "Will you Marry Me" written in chocolate. I bet that would be really easy for them to do as well. If not Palo I bet the serving team in the main dinig room would be able to pull it off as well.
Another option - if you want more private. Use the "secret deck" on 7 aft. There is never anyoen there and you have the deck to yourself.

I wonder if you could video your proposal and have them play it on the big screen?

I think it would be super cool if when you were boarding if when they were announcing your names if the person announcing were to be able to ask, then have him get down with the ring. What a great way to start the cruise.

I am sure the Cruise Director has many ideas for this kind of thing...

Just a thought...Good Luck

Robin & angel "D" :thumbsup2

Just an idea from how I was proposed to:

Could you BIL go and have his picture taken on the first day, kneeling with the ring, by one the photographers with or without characters? Then, when he's ready, take her over to shutters to look at some of the photos?

But I imagine the CMs would be happy to help anyway they can.

I was on the Magic in 2009 and a guy proposed on stage at the very end of the pirate party, so I know Disney is willing to help should he choose to make it public.

One of my co-workers was propsed to during the fireworks show. Then they ordered champagne from room service to celebrate.

Thank you everyone for the ideas, keep them coming. I am not sure how big he wants to do this, I am still waiting to hear more from him. I am a showman and like big but we'll see. It is all for him of course but I want some ideas if he decides to "show it up" so we have something ready. I am not sure if he knows to plan this out or not?? If it turns into anything, I will certainly have pictures. I just didn't know if I should bug the crew or if this would be old hat to them? :confused3

People we know were engaged onboard....the man arranged with DCL shoreside ahead of time for use of the aft Secret Deck 7 on he Magic.....he ordered champagne, flowers and a photographer from DCL....not sure how much that cost (if anything) but he also had Mickey and Minnie show up and they cost somewhere in the range of $350 for about 20-30 minutes.

MJ

Maybe when they are boarding he can hand them a slip of paper that says, "Please read: Please welcome the future Mr. and Mrs... !"

How exciting no matter how he does it! Please let us know!

Maybe when they are boarding he can hand them a slip of paper that says, "Please read: Please welcome the future Mr. and Mrs... !"

OMG!!!! My DBF and I are on the Dream this Thursday. I had a dream (no pun intended) last night, that upon boarding, they introduced us as the future Mr. and Mrs.... and at that point he got down on one knee, ring in hand. Well..... a woman can "dream", can't she?!?! :hug:

People we know were engaged onboard....the man arranged with DCL shoreside ahead of time for use of the aft Secret Deck 7 on he Magic.....he ordered champagne, flowers and a photographer from DCL....not sure how much that cost (if anything) but he also had Mickey and Minnie show up and they cost somewhere in the range of $350 for about 20-30 minutes.

MJ

Sounds cool!

Spoonces - Be aware it is Disney's policy NOT to allow characters to actually be involved in the proposal. I proposed to DW in Dec 2009 on the Wonder and had to go through months of back-and-forth with both shoreside and shipboard concierge. Locations are generally easier to "book" than CMs. I hired Chip and Dale for AFTER she said yes, as suggested above and that was OK. I'd tell you how I did it, but DCL would have to kill me. ;)

How about getting Crush involved at Animator's Palate? Maybe the cruise director can help you get that arranged. It would cetainly be unique and memoriable. Hey dudette how would you like to be Mrs. insert name here Then he could drop to a knee and pop the question. If I was dining at the restaurant and that happened, I think it would be pretty cool for all involved. Just a thought and wishing the soon to be happy couple a wonderful future.:thumbsup2

My family and I are on the Dream Sailing this Sunday and my DBIL will be proposing to his Fiancee. :love: This will not by any means be a total surprise but I was looking for some ideas on how he could make this special? The ring is being sent ahead so there is some element of surprise though. Has anyone done this on a Disney Cruise? Is there any way to get help from the Crew or Characters? This is my 3rd cruise with DCL but for the happy couple it will be their first, so my DBIL doesn't really know what he has as options. They weren't able to get a res at Palo or Remy but they will try at boarding so that is a possibility I guess. Any other Ideas?? :confused3

Talk to the Cruise Director... Any cruise director worth their salt will have a ton of very fun, romantic ideas (probably some very public ones too...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter