• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need ideas for a swimsuit for 12 y.o. dd

debelfish

Mouseketeer
For the past several years she has been gettting them at Justice. She doesn't shop there anymore. The bathing suits for juniors like Aeropostale are way to skimpy. She wears a size 12 or 14 but she is a bit busty like her mother. I've checked Target-she needs more support than kids suits. Adults sizes are too big. Any other places to look? Hopefully not too expensive.
Thanks,
Elizabeth

Are you looking for one piece suits only? Try Dicks Sporting Goods or other sporting stores in your area.

For bikini style, did you check out Target adult small/x-small sizes? My DD has been wearing these since she was 12, but she's not busty and every other kid her age I know wears 'skimpy' bikinis except for swim meets and practices.

My 14 year old is tiny but has moved from Justice to Pac Sun. May still be too skimpy but I think some of their suits have more coverage than Aeropostale. Aeropostale's suits were also too big for my daughter, as were Target (even extra small) and Kohls, so she was thrilled to discover Pac Sun. Shop sales though because junior suits are much more expensive than girls!

Try Lands End. Their suits are 25% off right now, and their regular prices are pretty reasonable I think. They have up to size 16, and many choices for more coverage/modest suits.

My 14 year old is tiny but has moved from Justice to Pac Sun. May still be too skimpy but I think some of their suits have more coverage than Aeropostale. Aeropostale's suits were also too big for my daughter, as were Target (even extra small) and Kohls, so she was thrilled to discover Pac Sun. Shop sales though because junior suits are much more expensive than girls!

My daughter also loves Pac Sun for her suits- they sell them as separates too so you can get a much better fit. (they can be skimpy but they also have a couple tankini kinds)

She is not a fan of Landsend anymore. But I used to love those for her.

My DD just got one at JC Penney in the junior dept. She does not like the skimpy styles, especially on the bottom. I HATE to shop for swimsuits with her but she found one in 15 minutes!

I second Lands' End. And you can find some of them at Sears to try on.

Dawn

Try Lands End. Their suits are 25% off right now, and their regular prices are pretty reasonable I think. They have up to size 16, and many choices for more coverage/modest suits.

I just bought DD a suit at PacSun. It's not exactly top quality, but it fits, and since the two pieces are separates, I was able to get perfect sizing. They are fairly inexpensive too. As quickly as she's growing, I may need to buy more before the summer is out.

I just bought DD a suit at PacSun. It's not exactly top quality, but it fits, and since the two pieces are separates, I was able to get perfect sizing. They are fairly inexpensive too. As quickly as she's growing, I may need to buy more before the summer is out.

One more thing my daughter liked having different bottoms- so with 2 tops and 4 bottoms she would mix them all up and look like different suits all summer last year.

One more thing my daughter liked having different bottoms- so with 2 tops and 4 bottoms she would mix them all up and look like different suits all summer last year.

good point. apparently matching anything is not "in" anymore (including socks. :headache:)

My DD11 (almost 12) is not interested in Justice or Land's End anymore (too bad since I love Land's End suits for kids). She likes Old Navy and Kohl's.

My DD just got one at JC Penney in the junior dept. She does not like the skimpy styles, especially on the bottom. I HATE to shop for swimsuits with her but she found one in 15 minutes!

I agree. DD11 has good luck shopping their suits. She has 2 tankinis from last year that still look great.

My daughter has the exact same issue! The last 2 years we have found very modest 2 piece tankini suits at Kohls, last year we even got matching suits! :rotfl: She got the xsmall and I got the large

This thread is timely. My 12 y.o. niece showed us her bikini this weekend and my MIL flipped out because it was so age-inappropriate for her (extremely busty child). MIL is looking to take her to get a more modest suit and I was suggesting many of these same stores. We are going on a family cruise together soon. My SIL got mad and said that there are ONLY skimpy suits available. I agree it's harder to find some coverage, but it's very possible. I have two teenage DD's myself so I have walked that minefield many times.

I had to find a one piece for DD 17 for a summer program at Notre Dame (it was required). I didn't think a Junior size one piece existed, but I found a cute modest one at Penney's.

Aeropostale and Pacsun are out if she's busty. My DD finally got over where it came from (obviously Jr suits were out) and looked at Lands End and Kohls, she needs a lot of support in the bust area. It's hard when your 12 yr old is developed and her friends are still A/B cups and wearing little bikinis.

I had the same problem with DD was that age. I got her suits at Kohls and Target. I was able to got tankini tops and boy short bottoms.

This year is a big issue she is turning 16 and well lets say we are in double alphabet for her top and I can't find anything. I also don't want to spend $$$ on a bathing suit for her. Sigh...

We tried some Lands End and they were too small for her bust :confused3.

ANy advice for me?? LOL... must be 1 piece or tankinis only! and no skimpy bottoms... I dont want too much do i?? :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter