• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need help with planning my trip..

lovemy2girls4eva

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

I booked my 2017 Disney trip and want to start planning (even though I am way early).

I am going with 3 kids (ages 7,5 and almost 2).

We are going for 6 days/5 nights.

I def want to do 2 full days MK, 1 full day HS, 1 full day Epcot...my question is do I do 1 half day enjoy the resort/pool (staying at AoA) and evening at Disney Springs or 2 full days at Epcot?

DH and I really love Epcot just trying to see if we should do Epcot 2 days?

We are NOT doing AK this trip...so that's not on our plan at all.

Thanks!!

Personally Epcot 1 day was enough for us but we usually go twice just for the UK pavillion. LOL (We're both British living in the states) You could do Epcot full day and Epcot half day, the other half head over to Disney Springs.

Do you have park hoppers? We always end up doing something like MK morning, then Epcot in the evening.

We can't do a full day nonstop though. It's just wearing. We take a break and either call it a day, relax at the hotel a bit, swim, or go get something to eat somewhere and chill.

Now Disney Springs is just to me a sprawling higher end shopping mall. We went in August, and I have no desire to go back (and I've been to Disney a lot). I don't shop on vacation, and there are plenty of good places to eat elsewhere (at the resorts and in the parks).

My kids were toast after 3 days in the parks! If we had stayed longer, I would have had a resort day in the middle for sure ETA: they are 3 and 5

Do you have park hoppers? and when in 2017 do you plan to go?. As it stands now HS not a full day park. A lot is closed for the expansions.

When my kids were younger they found WS a bit dry, so we tried to break it up into 1/2 days. My understanding now is the FW is pretty barren, too. I'm reading Innoventions is pretty empty.

If you have hoppers I would split a day between HS (if the expansions aren't running yet) and WS. Or spend the morning at the pool and then head over to Epcot for an evening. DS doesn't hold much draw for me, either.

I am going with 3 kids (ages 7,5 and almost 2).

I know this may be a dumb question, but is that their age now, or when you go? I think that may make a difference. If that is their age when you go, I think 1 day at EPCOT would be plenty.

I def want to do 2 full days MK, 1 full day HS, 1 full day Epcot...my question is do I do 1 half day enjoy the resort/pool (staying at AoA) and evening at Disney Springs or 2 full days at Epcot?

DH and I really love Epcot just trying to see if we should do Epcot 2 days?

The youngest child will make the difference, IMO, below a certain age there is only so much EPCOT it seems kids can take, but handle it better when older. I think taking a break and going to Disney Springs sounds lovely.

I would get a park hopper for sure since we found that HS is not a full day park. Time of year also makes a huge impact - we went in August and had to go back to our hotel (even if it was only for 2 hours or so) to swim and just recharge. My kids were 6 and 4 when we went and we were able to get them to go almost all day. We also rented a stroller for them and got them misting fans so they were nice and cool. Adults were toast but my kids were good to go.

Our kids were toast by the time we got to EPCOT. We spent a half day there, which was fortunate for their moods and resting for the next day, but unfortunate because I didn't get to see all I would have liked. So, depending on how much YOU want to get done at EPCOT, I would plan for a day and a half...

Do you have park hoppers? and when in 2017 do you plan to go?. As it stands now HS not a full day park. A lot is closed for the expansions.

When my kids were younger they found WS a bit dry, so we tried to break it up into 1/2 days. My understanding now is the FW is pretty barren, too. I'm reading Innoventions is pretty empty.

If you have hoppers I would split a day between HS (if the expansions aren't running yet) and WS. Or spend the morning at the pool and then head over to Epcot for an evening. DS doesn't hold much draw for me, either.

no park hoppers. Plan on going end of Aug.

I know this may be a dumb question, but is that their age now, or when you go? I think that may make a difference. If that is their age when you go, I think 1 day at EPCOT would be plenty.

The youngest child will make the difference, IMO, below a certain age there is only so much EPCOT it seems kids can take, but handle it better when older. I think taking a break and going to Disney Springs sounds lovely.

that's the age they will be when we go.

no park hoppers. Plan on going end of Aug.

End of August - ouch! I would not plan on the kids being able to go open to close multiple days in a row.

I 2nd the chorus who say to get park hoppers and I'd actually get the hoppers with water park and plan a water park morning (or two) with a park evening...

You guys are going to need mid day breaks! It is hard for an adult to make it through the whole day in that heat! Go back swim, or hang at the resort. My family love Epcot so we can plan two day there. We normally break the park up. World showcase/agent P one day and everything else the next day.

It so depends on your kids. When we went the first time with kids, my two boys were 5 and 2. I would have thought that Magic Kingdom would have been the big hit. On the last day we gave the 5 year old the choice for any park. He chose Epcot and rode Test Track 4 times in a row. I had a very happy boy. The 2 year old was happy as well since he loved playing in the cars in the show room at the end of the ride.

It so depends on your kids. When we went the first time with kids, my two boys were 5 and 2. I would have thought that Magic Kingdom would have been the big hit. On the last day we gave the 5 year old the choice for any park. He chose Epcot and rode Test Track 4 times in a row. I had a very happy boy. The 2 year old was happy as well since he loved playing in the cars in the show room at the end of the ride.

thanks! What is Test Track? Would you recommend it for my girls ages 7 & 5 at the time we are going? Thanks!!

thanks! What is Test Track? Would you recommend it for my girls ages 7 & 5 at the time we are going? Thanks!!
On test track, you "design" a car and then ride in it and "test" it. My uber competitive 9 year old (loved the ride at 5 and 7) lives for this ride. He loves to try to beat the other car in your vehicle. He was even the best car of the day once (when we rode at 9:30, lol) Made his day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter