Need help with park planning

lovemy2girls4eva

DIS Veteran
Hi all! We will be staying at The Contemporary with a 2.5 year old so we want to be heavy on the MK days. How would you plan your days with 4 day park hoppers going to all 4 parks. Park hoppers are a definite. We plan on going to one park in the morning, coming back to resort and going to another park at night for fireworks or dinner. I just need help planning on which parks to park hop to. We arrive on a Sunday and leave on a Thursday. On arrival (Sunday), we plan on just relaxing/going to pool and having dinner at Chef Mickeys. I appreciate your help!!

Hi all! We will be staying at The Contemporary with a 2.5 year old so we want to be heavy on the MK days. How would you plan your days with 4 day park hoppers going to all 4 parks. Park hoppers are a definite. We plan on going to one park in the morning, coming back to resort and going to another park at night for fireworks or dinner. I just need help planning on which parks to park hop to. We arrive on a Sunday and leave on a Thursday. On arrival (Sunday), we plan on just relaxing/going to pool and having dinner at Chef Mickeys. I appreciate your help!

Sunday - Arrival
Monday - AK/HS stay for Fantasmic!
Tuesday - MK / Epcot for dinner e.g. Akershus Royal Banquet, Coral Reef
Wednesday Epcot / MK for fireworks
Thursday MK/Depart

Sunday - Arrival
Monday - AK/HS stay for Fantasmic!
Tuesday - MK / Epcot for dinner e.g. Akershus Royal Banquet, Coral Reef
Wednesday Epcot / MK for fireworks
Thursday MK/Depart
You could switch Mon & Tues and have MK / Epcot your first day to have that MK magic on your first day. Mondays are just known to busier at MK.

You get extra evening hours since you’re at a deluxe resort. 2hrs after park close. Monday it’s Epcot and Wednesday it’s MK. Don’t know if you will use them with your little one.

We have gone with our kids at all ages. This age holds some of my favorite memories and I'm jealous that you are getting to experience it. As much as every instinct in your soul tells you to plan, plan, plan (and I get it because I too am a planner)...try to absorb as much information as you can before you go so you can adjust on the fly without stress, but try not to "plan" too much. There is no chance that everything goes even close to plan with a 2.5 year old. Sugar crashes are real. Overwhelmed meltdowns are real. Sleep boycotts are real. You don't want to end up resenting your child because you did not make it to HS this trip because all THEY wanted to do was play on a little playground at the resort for hours on end (speaking from experience).

We have gone with our kids at all ages. This age holds some of my favorite memories and I'm jealous that you are getting to experience it. As much as every instinct in your soul tells you to plan, plan, plan (and I get it because I too am a planner)...try to absorb as much information as you can before you go so you can adjust on the fly without stress, but try not to "plan" too much. There is no chance that everything goes even close to plan with a 2.5 year old. Sugar crashes are real. Overwhelmed meltdowns are real. Sleep boycotts are real. You don't want to end up resenting your child because you did not make it to HS this trip because all THEY wanted to do was play on a little playground at the resort for hours on end (speaking from experience).
Thank you!!

And this is why (not going to be popular) we never did or never would take a child that young.

And this is why (not going to be popular) we never did or never would take a child that young.
Understand that too. If something triggers more negative emotions than positive ones for you, your and your child's mental health is more important than struggling through something for the sake of saying you did it. I am assuming OP has already given that some thought and has decided that the positives outweigh the negatives in their situation.

Hi all! We will be staying at The Contemporary with a 2.5 year old so we want to be heavy on the MK days. How would you plan your days with 4 day park hoppers going to all 4 parks. Park hoppers are a definite. We plan on going to one park in the morning, coming back to resort and going to another park at night for fireworks or dinner. I just need help planning on which parks to park hop to. We arrive on a Sunday and leave on a Thursday. On arrival (Sunday), we plan on just relaxing/going to pool and having dinner at Chef Mickeys. I appreciate your help!!
With a little one like that, we've gone with a simple philosophy - quality over quantity! Your schedule will often follow what they do or don't want to do. Staying with their pace and needs, as I'm sure you already know, will be most important. But it'll be totally worth it for the memories of a trip like this one! Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter