Need help with dessert party or recommendations for other party.

inloveindisney

DIS Veteran
My mom told us over thanksgiving that she was going to give us a dessert party for our wedding present!!! I am so excited. I told her I would check on the price. Then, we started thinking that there are other parties available as well like the tea party, etc. Just wondering what all those other party options are.
One last thing... Where is the dessert party and is it during the fireworks?:earsgirl: :earsboy:

These are just a couple of the parties available, the Illuminations dessert party in Epcot, a Fantasmic dessert party in MGM or the Mad Hatter Tea party, which is usually in the quiet pool area of the Boardwalk.

Illuminations and Fantasmic will run you $12.50 pp for viewing fee, tho if anyone has a ticket that was good for that day in the respective park, you don't have to pay the fee, they just show tickets. I believe they both have a minimium person requirement, but that can be covered for smaller parties by ordering the more expensive menus. I think the menus start around $17.50 pp. I believe there is also a pp set up fee if you would like tables and chairs.

The Mad Hatter Tea Party can be very expensive (especially if you get the props, floral and characters), but can also be done more economically, as well. The budget I saw was approx. $20,000, but they went all out on it.

Consider joining the Disneymooners group and the Disneymooners Chat group on Yahoo groups, there is tons of information in the archives and you can always ask questions. I do know one of the women on the list is planning a Mad Hatter Tea Party.

HTH!

Thanks so much. This really helps. We really wanted to do fantasmic, but we were wondering where you do the party at that location? Is there a special area designated for that?

The dessert party for fantasmic is held on the balcony behind the regular seats. you can also get priority seating for fantasmic if you dine at specific restaurants in MGM. This info was given to me by my EM.

I am having the dessert party in Epcot for all our guests instead of favors.........we are having it on the balcony in the UK from 8pm - 9:30pm during illuminations. There is also a $90.00 host/ess fee, $27.50 pp for the dessert and kids are the same price as adults AND A $75.00 set up fee. I am having 35 people who will already have park passes so the viewing fee will not be included. if it reains then you still have to dessert party and they have an alternate location and will supply ponchos becuase the show will only be cancelled for severe thunder.

good luck..........:earsgirl: :earsboy:

I recently received a large document from group dining with information about the different fireworks parties. If you would PM me an e-mail address I'll be glad to forward it to you, along with the contact information for who helped me. We ended up not doing the party this year, but will certainly do another in the future when budgets are a bit less tight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter