• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Help re: Water Mice!

PrincessAurora

<font color=blue>Hmpphh! Who needs that boy in gre
In an effort to fit in more fun for my upcoming trip, I thought we could go out on the lake with water mice. Problem is, I haven't the first clue what they are, where you get them, how much they are, etc.

We are staying at Wilderness Lodge. Help from any Water Mice experts is appreciated.

Oh, they are so much fun! The are little 2 seater boats. My dh rented them alot when we stayed at CR.

You can rent them too at WL. I believe you must be 14+ to be a driver.

Hi princessaurora!!

I believe you can rent them from any resort on Bay Lake. We rented them last summer and it was close to $100 for the 4 of us. Maybe $80 something. We really ahd fun with them though. Oh yea, they are small single or double person speed boats. The lighter you are, the faster they go! DH, Ds 15yo & Ds 12yo had their own, and DD 4yo went with me.!

Lots of fun!

Hope this helps.

Deb:earsgirl:

We just returned from CBR where my DS12 and his father rented one for 1/2 hour - I think the cost was $22. And what really was exciting for my son was that he was able to drive it! He LOVED that!!:jester:

WL rents them. They are about $22 1/2 hr. You must be 12yrs old to drive by yourself. Everyone must wear a life vest, which are provided. They are very easy to operate - I did it and had no problem.

We just rented them last month and had so much fun!

http://www.***********.com/1b99d0ed0.jpg

I have more pix HERE.

That's awesome!

So if you rent 'em at any of the MK resorts you can go around the WHOLE lake? We were gonna do it at CSR but this looks much better!!!

Originally posted by Disneymoon04
That's awesome!

So if you rent 'em at any of the MK resorts you can go around the WHOLE lake? We were gonna do it at CSR but this looks much better!!!

you can take the water mice around bay lake and the seven seas lagoon. there is a small area of bay lake that is off limits but you won't event notice it. it is the area that they so "watersports" (ex. jetskis, parasailing, water sking)

they do rent them at the yatch club. however be aware they do not go as fast there they have smaller engines since there is not as much room on that lake. I found you are just as well off going over to the CR as it is closets to the magic kingdom. plus the epcot lagoon gets boring lots of no wake zones

Another picture of a water mouse

www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/showphoto.php?=1706&papass=&sort=18&thecat=500

Look into the captians package when you c heck in, for like $199 your party max of 4 can rent them unlimited amount of time for that flat price, its works out to $50 a person, which is great if you plan to do it more than just a half hour, I think the package also includes other boats as well, except the largest pontoon boat is not included.

Check mousesavers for details, I think thats where I saw it.

Don't flame me for asking this question... I have never been in a watermice before and just want to know....

I understand a kid must be over 12 to drive alone but can an under 12 drive the boat when an adult is in with them? Does anyone do this? My kids will be 11 and 8 and we plan to rent at CR.

Thanks!

Thanks! This has been really helpful. They look like fun. Any WL people out there that know if they have a place by the water to rent them or do you ask at the desk?

Originally posted by PrincessAurora
Thanks! This has been really helpful. They look like fun. Any WL people out there that know if they have a place by the water to rent them or do you ask at the desk?

Yes, at WL you rent them down by the water at Teton Boat & Bike Rentals. When you are at the pool area, with your back to the lobby - looking towards the water, take the walkway past Trout Pass Pool Bar to your right to the rentals. You will receive a map of the resort when you check in - just follow that.

My entourage of 4 consists of myself and 3 children (ages 11, 7, and 6). Can an 8yo ride with a 12yo driver? If so we could finally do this, pairing the two of them and the "then 7yo" with me. Also is it possible for 3 to ride in one (1 adult with 6yo and 7yo)? Hubby comes down for a few days of our 2-week trip, but we still have one too many children!!:o This is what happens when you have 3 children. Wouldn't give any of them up, though!

I'm pretty sure they only allow 2 per boat. I don't see how you could fit three? They're not very big! I'm not sure about more than 4 people on the family boating plan. Anyone else??

Originally posted by vicb
Don't flame me for asking this question... I have never been in a watermice before and just want to know....

I understand a kid must be over 12 to drive alone but can an under 12 drive the boat when an adult is in with them? Does anyone do this? My kids will be 11 and 8 and we plan to rent at CR.

Thanks!

they are not very flexible on this policy at all at the magic kingdom resorts, however if you go to like cbr, cs where they have small lakes smaller engines, it has been posted that they might let someone take it out by them self so try that maybe. there really is no room to switch seats it one of those boats, so it be hard to do it out on the lake and more than likely get spoted by the lake patrol.

Thank you for that info.:D I will be sure to forewarn my children that they will be riders not drivers on the watermice.

Something to remember about using the boats at the MK resorts is that the transportation boats from the resorts will be using the same waterway. You are told when you take out any boats that the transportation boats (and they are much bigger than the water mice) have the right of way. And I have seen them let people know that they are in their way(loud horn).

Originally posted by buzzlady
Something to remember about using the boats at the MK resorts is that the transportation boats from the resorts will be using the same waterway. You are told when you take out any boats that the transportation boats (and they are much bigger than the water mice) have the right of way. And I have seen them let people know that they are in their way(loud horn).

thats a good point I noticed the last trip I was there (june 03) the lake patrol boats are cracking down on this and when the TTC boats path cross the actually stop all the other boats in the area and make them wait. I'm sure that helps out all the other transportation boats as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter