• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need help from dance teachers

OK, so I wanted to be sure I was remembering the right poster, so I went and looked for the garden club posts--that was earlier this year and it was an "Azalia Trail" club, but more telling is that while looking for that I found a thread from way back in 2011 with the same types of issues and drama relating to the dance studio owner. When you are calm, that is four years (at least) of major drama. I really cannot imagine why either you or the owner is still dealing with the other.

My suggestion is that you take the above advice to delete the post, and find a new studio for your grand daughter to dance at----I think everyone will be happier (including your little granddaughter; I can't imagine there is anyway there can be this much prolonged drama and not of it spill over into her experiences in some way)

I didn't realize all of the history. I honestly assumed because of the rambling and the fact the post shows a time of almost 2 a.m. that perhaps OP got a little maudlin after a glass or two of wine and got carried away.

OP, for your own sake move on. You will be happier if you free yourself from this mess.

If this is your best friend, I would hate to see how you treat your worst friend.

I think it's long past time to walk away from this friendship.

Do you realize that you left her name and yours on your post??
Well I actually finished it and was going have it put in the program regardless of how our friendship is. Unfortunately the owner workpiece on the program with the young girl who was to do it. So the owner decided there wasn't enough room for it.

Fine!

I took a picture of my granddaughter that shows her in a ballet costume. The photo was taken by Olin Mills. I then put the new version of My Favorite Things over it.

My Favorite Dance Things

Barre work and stretches and toddlers in tutus,
Jazz shoes and tap shoes and breaking in toe shoes,
Sewing on ribbons and fixing routines,
These are a few if my favorite things.

Miss Puffy for toddlers, Mickey Mouse March,
Intermediate students improving their arch,
Holiday dances, BOO at Halloween,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Dup Dee and Car Wash, Casper and Hero,
Pirates and Thriller, Rockin' Rhymes and Rodero,
Broadway Baby and Phantom Ballet,
These are a few of my favorite things.

When the music stops, when I miss a step,
When I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite dances,
And then I don't feel so bad.

For on her 25th anniversity
Fro

I was able to post it dance school Facebook wall and figure if someone took it off I put it on my Facebook page and I've and tagged a number of the dancers.

I am past the petty jealousy and the other petty things she did to me. I have moved past and am waiting to take to hate out of heart. I have made my peace with God. Maybe one she will lose that hate. Until, I will try to be frend, but
i dont know when it will, but i will be there when it happens.

I am sorry you are going through all this. The lyrics are very cute.

But, I have to say, I find your actions of posting your song on the dance studio's facebook page after it was not put into the program very passive aggressive. And then to further post it on your own facebook page, but tagging the dancers on it to make sure that people see your work as trying to undermine the studio owner.

I can understand where your friend does not think you are trying to make amends. This kind of behavior is not extending an olive branch at all. You may want to think about stepping back for awhile and think about if you are really over it, because from these actions, the appearance to others (not saying that is what you intended at all) is that you still want things your way, be damned what the studio wants. Just from what you have posted, it does seem like you are the one who wants the control. She is the owner, she is entitled to full control over anything and everything the studio does.

I hope very much you can truly extend an olive branch and repair your friendship as good friendships are precious. But you also have to be cognizant of the fact there is the greater possibility that too much damage has been done and that there is no hope of even a civil friendship.

Your behavior seems to indicate that you think you have some say in how the studio is run. To put it bluntly, your friend is the owner and you were an employee, period. You have no rights to anything at all in that studio. You do not get a say in how it is run nor how the program is printed. If you want a friendship with the owner, you need to realize that you are not a co-owner of the studio and that she needs to accommodate your suggestions.

You also need to delete the names before the next call you get is from the studio owner's lawyer.

Last edited:

It's probably not the wisest idea to use a photographer's picture this way either, particularly going to the extent to name the photo studio. They tend to frown on that.

It's probably not the wisest idea to use a photographer's picture this way either, particularly going to the extent to name the photo studio. They tend to frown on that.
That is so true.

OP - do you have a copyright release from Olan Mills to allow you to publish the picture online in a way it was not intended?

Well I actually finished it and was going have it put in the program regardless of how our friendship is. Unfortunately the owner workpiece on the program with the young girl who was to do it. So the owner decided there wasn't enough room for it.

Fine!

I am past the petty jealousy and the other petty things she did to me. I have moved past and am waiting to take to hate out of heart. I have made my peace with God. Maybe one she will lose that hate. Until, I will try to be frend, but
i dont know when it will, but i will be there when it happens.
no, you really are not past it. You are clearly stuck on this. You will feel a lot better if you just let it go and move on.

Phew... it is not only my daughter's home studio that has this level of "oddness" happening. I think 'Dance Moms' has really upped the game for how parents react at a dance studio.

Some people never outgrow this sort of nonsense. Age and maturity do not always go hand-in-hand.

But if you've reached a certain age, repeatedly bang your head on a brick wall and keep blowing up your social life, won't you eventually take a good long look in the mirror and make some changes accordingly?

To be honest, earlier on I had backed up and re-read OP's comments about what her mother always says, questioning her choice of the present tense and wondering if it meant anything in relation to how she views herself. I'm thinking my instincts weren't off.

But if you've reached a certain age, repeatedly bang your head on a brick wall and keep blowing up your social life, won't you eventually take a good long look in the mirror and make some changes accordingly?
One would think, but age and self-awareness don't always go hand-in-hand, either.

I cant believe its 14 hours later and OP hasn't deleted the Dance owners name

hope she finds out about this.........

I cant believe its 14 hours later and OP hasn't deleted the Dance owners name

Heck, try 10 days. It was pointed out to her on 6/7. Of course, it was just today when she responded with her "reasons."

Honestly, I hope she doesn't. The OP's plan backfired pretty spectacularly. More drama is only going to make the situation worse - there is a small child stuck in the middle of this nonsense, after all.

I don't think the OP appreciates any of the advice. She is on the tech board asking how to close her account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter