Need Help From Crafty/Creative People

sylw

Earning My Ears
I am planning a trip with my parents and in-laws this Dec. and was wanting to start gathering stuff to make gift baskets to give both moms the night before or morning we leave or something. I thought of little travel size stuff and found some mickey socks at Target but I need more ideas for 60 year olds because I don't think they would want a stuffed mickey or anything. It's their first trip so I just want give them something special, well thought out, and really DISNEY!
Any ideas are appreciated.

If either / or hopefully both are creative themselves and into scrapbooking...maybe a few Disney scrapbooking things (stickers, cutouts, themed paper, etc.)

A lanyard - I see Disney themed ones in the dollar store all the time. Buy a few pins off of ebay. My mom (56) loves to pin trade - it allows her to talk to CM's and that's one of the things she loves about Disney.

Sunscreen.

Disney pen (again, I find them at the dollar store).

Disney notebook (dollar store or for nicer ones, the disney store.)

Disney keychain (especially if you are getting a rental car).

What a wonderful idea! What about some of the Disney band-aids (which hopefully no one will need!) or some Disney snacks from the supermarket? Maybe get them each a photo frame with a plain mat and have the characters sign the mat? Then at the end of the vacation you can put a nice group photo from the trip in it.

If you go to Disney's site, you can get customized maps for your upcoming trip. Those are really nice!

What about the Disney vacation planning CD?

I also copy restaurant menus and print on my own paper, include my own reviews and recommendations, have copies made of my photos from previous trips (and I do take pics of my food!)

I also buy blank scrapbooks or photo albums and then design and embellish them myself with Disney stickers, papers, fabric, make appliques to iron or sew on to tote bags that they can use them in the parks.

Have fun! :goodvibes

Get their fav character and fill them with flavored teas or hot chocolates so they can start the day with Disney. It is Dec. you are going , right? We will be in WL 11/28-12/06 Can't wait to see all the Christmas decorations.

Also, to decorate the baskets you may be able to find Disney character ribbon at a scrapbooking store. You can also get Disney candy molds at Michael's or Hobby Lobby and make Disney shaped chocolates. You can put nuts, rice krispies or anything else small in the center to make them unique for each person.
What about Disney dollars for souvenirs?
If I think of more I'll post again. Have fun creating.

I saw someone mentioned a coffee mug already, but another idea would be (if you are staying on Disney Property) to get the refillable Disney mugs for the basket. They are very cute, very Disney, and very worth the money. Just leave a note to inform them that they are refillable at the resort Food Court!

EDIT: I just realized that you will be giving them the baskets BEFORE you go, so you probably wont have access to BUY the mugs until you get to the hotel, so maybe the mugs wouldn't work.... *shrug* Ill keep thinking :)

I've done this the last two yrs to surprise people I've gone with. Check out Dollar Tree. You can get a lot of travel stuff and Disney stuff. The Disney stuff is usually a little childish but hey, WDW turns adults into kids. :cool1: Also check out the site Memories by Betsy. She can make baskets for you and deliver them to the hotel. You can mail stuff to her or she can buy stuff at the park for you. She's awesome and you get A LOT more for your money than if you went through Disney. I know that you mentioned giving them beforehand though.

i like the scrapbook supplies idea.. and maybe an autograph book/disney pen if they're interested in meeting characers?

I agree- look at your Dollar Store. Some things are for kids, but there are some pens, notebooks, things like that that adults could/would use. I know I do!

What about a disney character T-shirt for them to wear to the parks with their favorite characters on them. You can get them at the Disney store, and walmart often has disney related clothing for all ages.

I would add a few scented tealight candles (and matches) for their hotel rooms, sometimes hotel rooms can be a little stuffy/stale smelling... besides, a trip to WDW is romantic!

I was also going to suggest the Disney Tshirts. What a bout mini travel pillows with Disney on it or make a pillow case. You can find little tote bags with Disney on it for the little things they might be bringing. What about getting them their own Lime Green Mickey head for the trip! haha Disney Travel books.

Check out disney world tips. You can get a lot of ideas there. Also if you are going in Dec. how about holiday hats? Get everyone into the holiday sperit. Also you can get some holiday ornaments and personalize them for each person with date etc. I know you mentioned you wanted to give them before you leave, then look on line Im sure you can find disney holiday stuff.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter