Need help from Connection experts...

mazzarafe

DIS Veteran
I've gotten my DH to take us for a quick cheap trip in October and now I'm working on where to eat. I've seen all kinds of info on who likes and doesn't like the vouchers. First off, I'm definately gonna get 4 of the breakfast ones for character breakfast for me and DH but will pay for the kids.
What I would like to know is where you feel you get a good deal for the Q&C in MK, AK and MGM. More than likely it will be for lunch and dinner at MK, lunch at AK and MGM.
I also wanted to know about buying gift certificates for Planet Hollywood. DH would like to go there for dinner a night. Is Planet Hollywood one of the choices to purchase at the discount thru connections?
I also know for SURE I'm dragging everyone from Epcot to go to Beaches and Cream for lunch for the Q&C and the Kitchen Sink!!!
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Be aware that Beaches and Cream is no longer allowing you to get a Kitchen Sink as your dessert with a Connections voucher. Or so I'm told -- I never tried it to begin with, because a regular sundae there is enough for two people!

Mary
MouseSavers.com

And I'd visit Mary's site to see how she used her vouchers! www.mousesavers.com. She also describes a meal deal at AK that might be more economical. If you can share counter meals at MK, or just order an additional drink, they may work out for you. We used ours at Beaches and Cream, and the Pepper Market.

Thanks Foodlover and dgaston. I've been to mousesavers a few times and have the page printed out with the restaurants listed. I've even looked at the menus at Deb's site to check out pricing(along with Dis's menus) but thought maybe I was missing something.
I noticed on the menu for Cosmic Rays that they have a chicken family meal for $15.99. Wonder if you could get that with the voucher. That would be a good deal.
I know that its a crap shoot with the kitchen sink at B&C but I will try to get it, won't cry if I have to settle on 2 sundaes, they all sound yummy!!!
We are only going for 5 nights and have a day in each park with the day we go to AK we are going to go to Downtown Disney when we leave. DH wants to go to Planet Hollywood. Do you know if they are one of the restuarants you can purchase the discounted gift certificates for?
Anyone else who has found good deals with the Q&C please let me know. I know that some places you may only save a buck or two. Just trying to figure out how many I should get to help plan my food budget.

You can purchase Gift Certificates for Planet Hollywood, however they are a different kind. They are in $10.00 incriments and you get $2.00 back as a rebate after 30 days I beleive. I think that you still have to be a member to get the rebate so if you are planning on cancelling before 30 days these might not work for you.

HTH

Deb

Thanks DVC Daisy,

I was just planning on doing the 30 day trial with them. It's too bad because it is a good deal on the gift certificates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter