Need help for son

Runken

Earning My Ears
Hi my son is currently a CP in Orlando. His wallet was stolen today so he has no housing ID and no work ID. He is at a loss as to what to do. The employee website isn't very helpful apparently. I told him to go to the guard at his apartment complex. Can anyone help?

First stop is security at complex- they can advise on new housing ID/ let him in complex. If he's at work, he may need something to get on the bus as they show ID to ride. Housing office can advise him on new ID- I think they must pay to replace it at an office in Celebration.

My DD also had a wallet stolen but fortunately had ID' s in her pocket with debit card from shopping. She did have to replace DL. Good luck- I know it's hard being away from him!

New company ID he will have to go to the ID office at the MK. I believe he needs a police report about the stollen wallet and perhaps you can email him a copy of anything like birth certificate and social security if he needs those. If he works tomorrow before that office is open then he needs to reach out to his managers. I believe the replacement fee can be taken out of his paycheck. The guards at the complex he is living at should be able to help get him in.

Does he have access to money any way? If not you'll need to figure that out as well. I assume his cell wasn't stolen so he should be reporting to that banks ever card that was stolen and try to get replacements sent to him ASAP. Some banks can print on spot now for a small fee.

Thanks everyone. He was able to get into his apartment complex and is working on replacing his housing ID and work ID. We were able to wire him money via Western Union (who knew they still did this?!) Our states allowed him to print out a temporary drivers license and will email him a new one (to our home). Still a pain, but in better shape than he was last night.

Okay so the number the desk person at Vista way gave him to call for the work ID is not a working number. He has to be at work in a couple of hours and no one can help him. So frustrating. Housing was fine with giving him a temporary ID. So everywhere I've suggested he go either gives him a non working number or requires a work ID. We are stumped and frustrated.

Have him search the hub for Access Control. There he can find their phone (regular and tie) and email
The current office hours are 8-4:45 M-F

This is where he will be reissued his blue ID

Also, I remember reading fairly recently that there is a new procedure for cast who show up to work without their ID. I'm not sure what that procedure is (I don't work in the parks), but that should also be on the hub somewhere.

Okay so the number the desk person at Vista way gave him to call for the work ID is not a working number. He has to be at work in a couple of hours and no one can help him. So frustrating. Housing was fine with giving him a temporary ID. So everywhere I've suggested he go either gives him a non working number or requires a work ID. We are stumped and frustrated.

He will need to go to Access Control. I believe it is still back at Disney University so he would take a MK bus and get off back there. Then go to Access Control to print a new ID. They close before 5 most days so hopefully he can get there and get back. I believe you can get back there with out your ID if he needs to take a taxi for a faster option. If Access Control has been moved to Celebration offices then he can just take a taxi there and then a taxi to work.

He will need to go to Access Control. I believe it is still back at Disney University so he would take a MK bus and get off back there. Then go to Access Control to print a new ID. They close before 5 most days so hopefully he can get there and get back. I believe you can get back there with out your ID if he needs to take a taxi for a faster option. If Access Control has been moved to Celebration offices then he can just take a taxi there and then a taxi to work.
Access Control is still at DU

The Celebration office is for Main Gate replacements

Im just curious. Where was his wallet stolen? From work or from his apartment or just somewhere about. I have read other stories about roommates being dishonest and makes me want to send a safe down with my DD. Glad he was able to get things situated. That is a difficult thing for anybody.

Im just curious. Where was his wallet stolen? From work or from his apartment or just somewhere about. I have read other stories about roommates being dishonest and makes me want to send a safe down with my DD. Glad he was able to get things situated. That is a difficult thing for anybody.

Each CP should get a locker in their closet so just make sure she has a lock and puts all valuables in the locker when she isn't there.

The only theft I saw/heard of on my CP was at the outlets. The ones near the CP housing are a hot bed for theft. Set your purse down for a second during the holiday season and it is going to walk off. My friend put her wristlet down to look at a shirt better and in 30 seconds it was gone. They did it so casually none of us realized it until she asked where it was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter