Need help choosing a resort for our honeymoon!

princessgabriella

Earning My Ears
My fiancé and I are planning our disney honeymoon in august. We booked back in october, 8 nights at POR. Recently, I found out about renting disney vacation club points, and contacted one of the websites to see what villas were left. This is actually less expensive than booking a moderate through disney, so i'm pretty excited about this option!

The three resorts available for our dates are SSR, OKW and AKL (Kidani village). All of them are within our budget, AKL being a little more expensive, but we would get the savannah view.

I really don't know which one to choose though! I love that SSR is so close to disney springs, I feel like that would be really fun for our honeymoon. AKL seems nicer in general though, with great dining options, but i'm not a fan of animal kingdom so being close to that park is not so important to me.

Also, would you recommend trying another DVC rental site before I book through this one, just to see if the other one has more options? My number one choice was the Grand Floridian or Contemporary, but I understand i'm a little late.

TIA!

Also, would you recommend trying another DVC rental site before I book through this one, just to see if the other one has more options? My number one choice was the Grand Floridian or Contemporary, but I understand i'm a little late.

No point. Every rental broker is accessing the same room inventory. DVC owners can book at their "home" resort at 11 months from check-in; any owner can book at any resort at 7 months from check-in. Contemporary and VGF are two of the most popular properties. You are already within 7 months to check-in. There are no studios available at either property for any multi-day stretch of August. No broker will be able to make that inventory appear within the 7 month window.

The three resorts available are what is available, because they're the three LARGEST DVC resorts.

If you are interested in Disney Springs, pick SSR. I would say SSR or AKL are the two better options, because OKW's theme doesn't really excite me. But if you aren't keen on Animal Kingdom, definitely do SSR.

OKW has the biggest rooms, but I would go AKL, especially if you are going for Savannah view. Pretty amazing way to wake up in the morning (also AKL has the best of the food options and pool as well in my opinion).

Congratulations! We honeymooned at Disney World in 2007 and had a great time. Of the three, we would go with AKL as well. The animals are impressive, and the main part of AKL (Jambo House) is a 5-10 minute walk or super short bus ride away. We would choose OKW over SSR because after visiting both SSR really seemed massive to us. While you can walk to DS, it could be a very long walk. OKW isn't exactly compact either, but the boats to DS are nice. The bigger rooms could be cool too. Finally staying with POR wouldn't be bad either, as the grounds are beautiful and we really enjoy that resort. No matter what, you'll be at Disney and on your honeymoon, so enjoy!

Of the three, I would pick AKL. It's so beautiful! The lobby has such a WOW factor and the rooms are well-themed and very comfortable. The restaurants and pools are also really wonderful!

You may also want to check out the Resort Discount forum on these boards. There is a whole thread on August discounts and there may be some info in there that might be useful in finding other discounts for your travel period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter