Need help and Ideas- Christmas gift exchange

A couple of years ago. I purchased inexpensive cosmetic bags and put nail files, a bottle of polish, cotton balls and orange stick in them...they were really cute and a big hit. You can also find Small Vera Bradley cosmetic bags on her website and then even less expensive on her official Ebay store site....also a big hit.

I see a lot of suggestions for "smelly" items - lotions, candles, soaps, etc. One thing to consider is that some people are sensitive to scents - I know my asthma is kicked off by many. I also have allergies to some lotions (anything with lanolin - that's actually a common issue in people with other animal allergies).

Not that you have to avoid giving these gifts - no gift you select would be perfect for everyone - but it's just something to think about, esp. in terms of your specific group - if you know one of the possible recipients has any sorts of issues, it might be better to go with something else.
Last night I went to Bath and body works but after walking around looking my allergies kicked in. I remembered others in the group have allergies too. I left and thought about getting a little chocolate candy gift set but some are on diets.
I talked to one coworker and she is doing a gift card. I decided to do the same for the same reasons you mentioned. I know two have allergies a third is very picky about scents and one only likes sweet scents. A few are on diets. We wont know who gets what until we pull numbers.

Last night I went to Bath and body works but after walking around looking my allergies kicked in. I remembered others in the group have allergies too. I left and thought about getting a little chocolate candy gift set but some are on diets.
I talked to one coworker and she is doing a gift card. I decided to do the same for the same reasons you mentioned. I know two have allergies a third is very picky about scents and one only likes sweet scents. A few are on diets. We wont know who gets what until we pull numbers.

This is a microwaveable soup cup with lid. Bought these when I was working in an office. Purchased them in a supermarket for under $10 and added oyster crackers, can of soup, etc. put everything in a box.

Yesterday I was at the car wash and I saw a sign saying that they have gift cards, and I thought that might be a great gift for a grab bag. I always need a car wash and I hate to pay for it, and there's no practical way to do it at home in the winter because we have to shut off the outside water to prevent burst pipes.

I need to find mine, but how about a GC for snack area in the movie theater? Snacks can be expensive, but every little bit helps. Something different.

I got homemade baked goods from dancing deer baking company. They are having a 40 percent off sale. Pair it with an AMEX offer and they break down to very affordable for a lovely gift.

This is a microwaveable soup cup with lid. Bought these when I was working in an office. Purchased them in a supermarket for under $10 and added oyster crackers, can of soup, etc. put everything in a box.

What a creative idea! I work in an office and every time I see one of these at Home Goods, I'm so tempted to buy one but can't quite pull the trigger because it feels a little too frivolous to buy for myself. But I would LOVE to receive it as a gift!!!

One thing to consider is that some people are sensitive to scents

I was just going to post the same.

I like gifts that are consumable so they aren't left with clutter. The Starbucks gift card would be good...or a holiday blend of their coffee and a travel mug.

You could also donate the $10 to a charity and make a thank you scroll with a story about the charity attached.

Small pocket knife (lady type ones), scratch off lottery tickets, pure vanilla extract

I've been looking at those! I have them in mind for gifts for office workers next year. There was a great sale on them at Target awhile back but I didn't buy them in time. So I am keeping my eyes open for another sale and I'll stash them away!

Tonight I scored gifts for next year. Vera is having a 30% off their clearance prices on her website. Bought 10 wristlets for $125...free shipping too.

I agree with a pp to avoid smelly items. Lots of people are sensitive to smells. I really don't Iike it when people buy me scented stuff. 99% of the time its going in the trash because I just don't like it. I'm super super picky about scents. I only like fruity stuff so floral or holiday or bakery fake scents are out for me.

You could do a movie night gift basket (pop corn, candy, red box gift card if such a thing exsists) or ice cream gift basket (obviously without the ice cream. Include inexpensive bowls, ice cream scoop, ice cream cones and various toppings)

A couple of years ago I got some discounted items at Kohl's after Christmas sale. They included commuter cups with holiday designs, kitchen towels, snowman spatulas, Christmas tree salt and pepper shakers, etc. For my gift exchange at work, I bundled one of the commuter cups with a set of spatulas. People loved them and they got stolen several times during the game! I'm planning to buy stuff for next year in a few week.

How about nice holiday kitchen towels?

Then if they were on a diet or didn't eat chocolate or didn't drink coffee or didn't like smelly lotion...... You don't have to worry about any of that!

Thanks everyone. I ended up getting a giftcard. The ladies involved are girly girls and are into nice, name brand stuff and in their 30's but young and hip so I was getting nervous and decided on the giftcard. only 2 bought gifts and the rest were gift cards.

I do love the gift ideas mentioned for other gift ideas for another group of friends that are more down to earth. I also like some of the ideas for DD's gift ideas for a gift exchange she is in.

I like the mug with lid, I seen some cute soup bowl type with lids that had cute designs,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter