• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Advice to Plan Activities on a 5 Night MDAS Cruise

ninecrayons

DIS Veteran
Sailing out of Miami on the Magic in January of 2020. We're doing Castaway, Sea Day, Cozumel, Sea Day. It's my first time going solo and my 5th Disney cruise. Also my first time on the Magic - the rest have been Dream/Fantasy.

I'd like to make sure I do the following:
1) Palo Brunch
2) Palo Dinner (maybe?)
3) Spa Massage

1) My understanding is brunch will only be offered on sea days? Is there an advantage to the first sea day vs. the second?

2) I'm curious about Palo dinner. I've done it on the Dream/Fantasty. Is Palo on the classic ships very different from the newer ships? I definitely do not want to miss dining at Rapunzels, so I wouldn't do it when I'm dining there. Of the other Animator's and Lumiere's, is there one that might be more "skippable" for a second night?

3) Is there a "better" day to do a spa treatment? I'm doing a tour in Cozumel, but would consider doing it that afternoon/evening. Does anyone have a preferred treatment? I've only ever done massages at my local Massage Envy.

I welcome any thoughts or opinions! I've never done a 5 day or a MDAS so there may be things I'm not thinking of here!

1 - I'm pretty sure MDAS will be the second Sea Day, so if you want to avoid that and/or don't care about it, that may be the easier day to get brunch. But if you DO care about it, you might want to go for the first one. I'd check the onboard activities booking to make sure because some of the Marvel greets are ticketed.

2 - Same menu at Palo. I would skip Lumiere's as it is pretty much the same as the Royal sisters on the Dream Class. Animator's is TOTALLY different in atmosphere. I love it better on the Classics.

3 - Not a clue. I avoid spa treatments on ships like the plague as I can get better treatments for less money (and without a sales pitch) on land.

Don't know about #1 since I haven't done a 5 day cruise. I totally agree with Dug on #2 and 3!! And I've gone to the spa on the ship for massages before, no better than my local place but costs much more.

#3. Agree with PPs, do hair, nails and massage at local home spa the day or two before flying to MCO and PC. They know you and you know them. Better prices at local and no sales pitch.

Thank you all for the advice!

I'll aim to do Palo brunch on the non-Marvel day as that is the primary reason I booked this particular sailing on the Magic.

I'm excited to see Animators on the classic if it is so different! Is there a way to find out your dining rotation in advance?

Instead of a spa treatment, I may get myself a one-day rainforest pass then. I love it on the Dream/Fantasy class and know if it is very different on the classics, but would still like to try it out.

Thank you all for the advice! Instead of a spa treatment, I may get myself a one-day rainforest pass then. I love it on the Dream/Fantasy class and know if it is very different on the classics, but would still like to try it out.
Good Choice! You probably won't find a Rainforest at home. Enjoy your cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter