Need Advice First Trip to Paris & DLP- Iternery, Hotels and tickets

TosaTrio

DVC Owner @ SSR & VWL
My dh, dd (12) and I are traveling to Paris over Easter Break. We have 10 nights in France overall, The first 2 nights we plan to stay in Normandy (take a DD tour and go to Mont Saint-Michel) and then return the rental car at the airport before heading into the city. We do have an apartment reserved for 8 nights in the Marais district in Paris

Here is where I need DLP help.

We want to spend three days at DLP, mostly interested in the rides and attractions that are different than WDW or Disneyland CA. We were thinking of spending two days in a row at the parks and then going back later in the week to break up the trip for my daughter (not three consecutive days). To save time, we would keep our the apartment in Paris, bring an overnight bag and spend one night at a hotel on sight. Right now I am looking at Newport and Sequoia. Since the focus is the parks we will not really be using the hotel amenities (though they look lovely).

Hotel and ticket questions:

I found I can book a room (not directly through Disney) that does not include tickets. This seems to make more sense since if I book through Disney it includes two days of tickets and would require us to purchase a one day ticket later in the week.
  • It seems like an annual Pass is actually cheaper than purchasing a three day/2 park ticket? Am I misunderstanding? We plan to go the Monday/Tuesday after Easter which are not blacked out so we could buy cheapest pass. Is there an advantage of buying a 3 day ticket rather than the pass? Is the pass difficult to activate? Can I do that at the hotel or how does that work? Can I purchase over the internet or do I have to wait (I saw there are different passes coming out before we arrive).
  • Newport vs Sequoia? Besides theming what is the difference? How much closer in terms of walking is Newport compared to Sequoia? For those who have been to WDW, is it like staying a Beach Club and walking to Epcot or how would you compare?

• Extra Magic Hours: We will check in very early Monday morning (before 8am). We know our room won't be available however will we be able to take advantage of extra magic hours that day? I am guessing we won't return until park close to actually get our room. The next morning we will check out and store our bag with bell services and head right to the parks.

• Breakfast in the parks: I assume there is someplace to pick up a pastry or fruit in the park. We won't want to do a sit down (I know my dd, she would rather get in a line right away) but will need to grab something on the go.

• Taking the train back to Paris late at night: Easy? Any concerns? I know it is a 45 minute train ride and we will likely be tired but I really prefer not to stay two nights. How far is the train station from the Newport or Sequoia hotels? (We will need to go and get our bag after park closes). I assume we can walk?

Thanks for your help!

Gail

To answer some of your questions -

Annual passes - as you say they are bringing out new passes so Im not sure if this still applies but normally if you buy the cheapest pass you can't use it for day 2 and 3 after purchase so this means it wouldn't work in your case. There was a way of buying it in advance and having it sent to you through the post and then this rule didn't apply but I wouldn't want to say this would still work or that you'd get it in time. -I'll try and find the thread about this
Normally you would have to get the annual pass inside the park at the AP office - everyone needs to be present with proof of ID. You can either buy a 1 day ticket to get into the park in the first place and they then knock the price of this off the AP or you can buy the AP at the ticket office at the gate but still have to go to the AP office at some point on that day

SL v NPB - both hotels are round lake Disney and both take approx 15mins to walk to the parks (there are shuttle buses as well). The walk is a pleasant one round the lake and through Disney village. I always feel the walk to NPB seems much longer and the hotel is the largest on site so people have reported the walk to their rooms can take ages as well.

You will get access to EMH on the day you arrive but will have to check into your hotel first to get your Easy Access Pass - this states which hotel you are staying at and you need to show this.

Breakfast - there are several places in the park where you can collect a pastry and drink. There are also places in the Village as well open for breakfast where you can do this as you walk through - McDonalds, Starbucks

Train to Paris - The station is just outside the entrance to the parks so it might be easier to not have to go
back to your hotel at the end of the day. There are lockers in the train station where you can pay to store your luggage and also a left luggage place at the entrance to the parks - however the left luggage place charges per item so sometimes the lockers are cheaper

To answer some of your questions -

Annual passes - as you say they are bringing out new passes so Im not sure if this still applies but normally if you buy the cheapest pass you can't use it for day 2 and 3 after purchase so this means it wouldn't work in your case. There was a way of buying it in advance and having it sent to you through the post and then this rule didn't apply but I wouldn't want to say this would still work or that you'd get it in time. -I'll try and find the thread about this
Normally you would have to get the annual pass inside the park at the AP office - everyone needs to be present with proof of ID. You can either buy a 1 day ticket to get into the park in the first place and they then knock the price of this off the AP or you can buy the AP at the ticket office at the gate but still have to go to the AP office at some point on that day

SL v NPB - both hotels are round lake Disney and both take approx 15mins to walk to the parks (there are shuttle buses as well). The walk is a pleasant one round the lake and through Disney village. I always feel the walk to NPB seems much longer and the hotel is the largest on site so people have reported the walk to their rooms can take ages as well.

You will get access to EMH on the day you arrive but will have to check into your hotel first to get your Easy Access Pass - this states which hotel you are staying at and you need to show this.

Breakfast - there are several places in the park where you can collect a pastry and drink. There are also places in the Village as well open for breakfast where you can do this as you walk through - McDonalds, Starbucks

Train to Paris - The station is just outside the entrance to the parks so it might be easier to not have to go
back to your hotel at the end of the day. There are lockers in the train station where you can pay to store your luggage and also a left luggage place at the entrance to the parks - however the left luggage place charges per item so sometimes the lockers are cheaper

Thank you! I didn't realize there was a waiting period. It sounds like buying a 3 day pass might just be the easiest but I'll keep researching the annual pass. The upfront savings plus the discounts offered on food and shops might be worth the hassle if we can make it work.

If SL and NPB take about the same amount of time to walk to the park, we will save money and stay at SL.

I had no idea about the left luggage place at the entrance to the park. We will definitely do that! That is awesome! We plan to bring one overnight bag so that will be ideal!

I appreciate all the information. We are really looking forward to the trip!

Ive not researched the new annual passes yet so keep an eye on the thread about them and maybe ask the question on there whether there is still 2 days that you can't use the cheapest pass - someone might know

Ive not researched the new annual passes yet so keep an eye on the thread about them and maybe ask the question on there whether there is still 2 days that you can't use the cheapest pass - someone might know
This is true, you can't use the Annual Pass for the first 2 days when you buy the 135E one. I'm pretty sure only french residents can apply over the internet.
Newport vs Sequoia? Besides theming what is the difference? How much closer in terms of walking is Newport compared to Sequoia? For those who have been to WDW, is it like staying a Beach Club and walking to Epcot or how would you compare?
Its a similar walk, kind of like Poly to the Monorail.
I assume there is someplace to pick up a pastry or fruit in the park.
There's Starbucks in the village (which you will walk past if you are coming from SL or NPB) or a couple of pastry shops on Main St.
We came back from SL today for a weekend, its very nice. We preferred NPB, but they are pretty similar in terms of amenities. We've stayed CL at both as well, it might be worth looking at as you get a free fast pass, which could make your day go bit slicker in terms of attractions.

Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter