Need advice - family reunion 30 people

odelld

Earning My Ears
We are having a family reunion at WDW in January 2004. There will be about 30 of us, ages 3 - 63. For the majority of the time, we will split into groups according to age, interests, or other reasons. I am looking for an event that we can all do together. Here are some ideas:

* Most of us are staying at the Boardwalk Villas. We have a birthday during our visit, and maybe we can rent the Community Hall (or whatever it is called - you can see it from the Friendship boat on the way to the Studios) for cake and ice cream.

* There may be a WDW restaurant that has a special room or other facility that can accomodate this group.

* There may be an off-site restaurant that will work.

Any comments on the above-listed ideas or any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

WELCOME TO THE DIS!!

Wow - that is going to be a neat trip! Can't say I have any experience with a group of that number, but here's a thought - maybe you all could meet up at Fort Wilderness - Hoop De Doo is there - though is a little expensive, not sure if any group discount available. Could do the movie and bonfire as a group. (Free!) Then be sure to wander down to the beach to catch the Electric Water Parade - not sure if this if proper name - but a neat thing to see none the less.

The show at the Poly sounds like fun and may fit - ohana means family and no one gets left behind. Could also see the Water Parade from there.

Sorry I couldn't help more, but here's hoping another Diser will offer some ideas!

Pammypooh

Have you asked Disney for ideas? Although, I've never done this, I understand their group sales department will help with all kinds of ideas (and possibly group discounts).

Good luck,
Mort.

We had a large group and we booked Chef Mickey's Breakfast through Group Dining. They had a nice section for all of us and everyone had a lot of fun and being loud and laughter was not a problem.
We used the Connections breakfast vouchers and that made paying and tipping for such a large group very easy. There was 28 of us but we did not receive a discount.

If you find anything on the Community Hall, please post.

Thanks

I'm trying to plan a family reunion for next year also. In Oct., there is a new program by Disney called either Magical Gatherings or Grand Gatherings. Can't find a lot of info on it yet, but it is geared towards family gatherings of 8 or more. Hope this helps.

Thanks for all your help. I have been speaking with Disney about some ideas, and here is what I've learned so far:

*The community hall at Boardwalk Villas is not an option.

*There is a Sand Castle Club at the Beach Resort that can accommodate this group. This is the child care facility, but they can do birthday parties and the like.

*Fort Wilderness has a grassy knoll that you can reserve for functions. Afterwards you can do pony rides or the petting zoo.

*There is a reserved desert party at Epcot. It starts at 8:30pm and you get a dedicated and private room to view the fireworks. Disney serves various deserts and drinks, depending on the menu. This is the only option that I asked for a price, and it starts at $17.50 per person (prices are less for children). - It sounds great, but probably too expensive.

I have been looking for information on Magical Gatherings, but it may be an expensive option like the desert party.

I'm thinking now that all we need is some place where I can bring our own cake and balloons and throw a little party. I'm still hoping for some ideas from the DIS'ers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter