Need a new credit card recomme

We applied for the Discover It card. They had to call and speak to DH (card in his name). Didn't really ask him anything but called and called until they talked to him. Then they sent email saying he was approved and card will arrive in x days. Then we got notification from usps that package was arriving on thur. Not having ordered anything, I researched around to see that the package is our Discover card. Meanwhile we got an email every day asking to fill out some IRS verification form. We weren't going to do it but, in researching, it seems if we didn't do it they would cancel the card and it would go on our credit as a negative. So we went to do form and they had our address wrong (the state). So we called in and guy said our phone number didn't show up as an account. Told him it was strange due to them having been calling on our number and he hung up on me. Called back...different number this time and got it sorted.

But they said they have to get IRS verification and then DH can call and add me to get a card for me. And we cannot activate card without DH calling in because of the waiting on verification. DH really cant and doesn't want to be bothered with these things as he works all day (on conference calls) so I always take care of these kinds of things. Hate having to get him to call in these things. What a pain and very unusual from past CC experiences where we fill out form and get approved and cards arrive in mail. Could put me on for a card on past forms and even put the balance transfers from other card. But this one didn't even have that. I guess it will come with the CC...like a check we can send to other CC??

I agree, this sounds VERY suspicious. What exactly are they asking your to 'verify' for the IRS? It could be some sort of scam trying to get information from you for identify theft. No credit card I have ever had asked for that type of information. IRS has nothing to do with credit cards as far as I am aware.

I would look online at the legit Discover card website to find a real 800# to call. Then you know you are talking to the actual company.

I agree, this sounds VERY suspicious. What exactly are they asking your to 'verify' for the IRS? It could be some sort of scam trying to get information from you for identify theft. No credit card I have ever had asked for that type of information. IRS has nothing to do with credit cards as far as I am aware.

I would look online at the legit Discover card website to find a real 800# to call. Then you know you are talking to the actual company.
Income verification. Called and it is legit. Saw on reddit that some folks are being asked for this.

1. Check your bank as you may get some perks if you have your account and CC at the same bank.
2. If you travel internationally or buy internationally, Bank Of America has a Travel CC that has no forign transaction fees and gives you the best exchange rate.
3. Check to see if a friend or family member had a referral link to a card cause that may get you a perk as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter