Near MK area, secure, affordable

slzer0

DIS Veteran
So, my 19yo and I are planning to take the 24h day next year.

We are planning to stay in the park the entire time, so I don't want to waste money on an expensive room on property.

I live three hours away but can't imagine pulling off the 24-hour day after a the hour car ride in Orlando morning rush hour traffic. Yuck.

I figure if the day ends at 6am we can reasonably expect to be back to the room by 8ish. Even with a late checkout that's not enough also to drive back home, so we'll probably need to fork over for the third day (but really just sleep until whenever and come home).
This also need we can't check out on our way to MK and get a new room after the park, because we'd be steamed without a room until 3pm check in time.
With some of the Rock bottom process I've gotten in years past it seems worth it.

So I'm looking for suggestions on something nearby. The closer the better since we will likely leave the car at the hotel and Uber to/from the park (so I don't fall asleep at the wheel on the way back).

Because it's just us girls traveling alone, and because I'll be leaving my car unattended for like 28h, I'd really like something secure. Not seedy.

We are literally going to be sleeping there only so it doesn't need to be fancy. I don't care about breakfast.

I got a great deal years and years ago at the Rodeway Inn. Is that still ok? Thoughts?

What about those timeshare places? Can I get 3 nights there at a reasonable price and maybe we could chill at the pool before or after?

Thanks! :)

If your using it for one night the Rodeway should be fine.Its gone a little but down hill probably since you have last been there .
Just try and stay away from the west gate area it's gone down mostly the homeless .Old town/celebration are good place to look.if you don't mind listening
to a few hours to to their production then you might be able to use time share .They are long and boring .But you get free hotel room. (Note the lynx bus 56 goes right
By the Rodeway and if you want to save a few bucks it will get you to magic for $2 a person and $2 bucks back .Just check the Schedule and instead of
Paying big bucks in a cab you can save money and they run pretty late )

If you are looking on 192 I would stay with the west side of I-4...I live in Celebration and can tell you that I would never stay at one of the hotels by Old Town, it is just not a safe area anymore.

Try this motel 6 not much in any of those areas on the cheap end that are going to be prefect .
It's ok for a nights stay and probably one of the best you will find in the $40 dollar range .
it's about 10 minute ride to magic
Both ends have been over run by the people living in hotels them .I tried to go into a wawa the other day
while staying at the quailty inn west gate and I was asked by 3 people for money .It's ok to stay on the west
Side if you can afford a place for about $80 a night or over but the cheaper places aren't that great .
And you can get a lot of nutty people in them .

https://www.motel6.com/en/motels.fl...utm_medium=local&utm_campaign=googlelocal-436

Last edited:
Oh wow. Yeah we definitely want to stay away from weirdos and panhandlers. That stuff makes me paranoid. And it'll be kind of obvious that we are leaving the room and car vacant for 24+hrs if there's people LIVING in the motel. Oh my.

Is there somewhere I can look up westgate vs maingate, like on TripAdvisor?

Ok maybe not, value resorts are around $150 for late may weekends. Yikes.

http://www.maingateresortandspa.com/
This looks nice, but at est $80/nt isnt that coming close to on-property rates?

Ok maybe not, value resorts are around $150 for late may weekends. Yikes.

Yes the value resorts rates have really jumped.

Maingate was completely renovated a couple years ago, not sure what it used to be. It's on the safer side of 192 (W of I-4). DD stayed there last spring for about 5 days and she said she felt completely safe and would return. DS has stayed at a neighboring resort for years with his high school team (he's a coach) and very comfortable having the kids over there.

You may want to try some where like Baymont in Celebration.if your in Celebration you be fine
I have never stayed here and it's got mixed reviews but Celebration is very safe and just looks like
Kind of cheaper place for nights sleep and a swim .
http://www.baymontcelebration.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=places&utm_campaign=google_places_ms

It is not in Celebration. The only 2 hotels inside Celebration are the Bohemian (a Marriott) and Melia Suites.
The Baymont is actually in Kissimmee on 192 west of I-4.

I prefer the Lake Buena Vista area over 192/Kissimmee. You can get some good Hotwire and Priceline deals in that area too.

Thanks, I will definitely look at Mouse Savers and see how close LBV and Celebration are. We are planning to Uber into MK instead of driving so I'm looking for somewhere close. I have a feeling even if the hotels run shuttles they wont be dropping off at 530 AM or picking up at 630 AM, lol. Of course I will call to find out for sure.

None of the parks nor downtown Disney is going on be open at that hour .I think they might open about 9 and close about 10 .Maybe a breakfast reservation but unless they
Are running extra magic hours which are only available to those staying the Disney resorts and a rare hotel off site you can't use use those .
Downtown Disney is open later i think until 2 in the morning but at 5:30 in the morning they are closed.I don't think they are doing the thing where the park is open 24 hours again I think it was a special thing for a special day they did one time .You would have check but I don't think they are doing that again next year .

Last edited:
None of the parks nor downtown Disney is going on be open at that hour .I think they might open about 9 and close about 10 .Maybe a breakfast reservation but unless they
Are running extra magic hours which are only available to those staying the Disney resorts and a rare hotel off site you can't use use those .
Downtown Disney is open later i think until 2 in the morning but at 5:30 in the morning they are closed.I don't think they are doing the thing where the park is open 24 hours again I think it was a special thing for a special day they did one time .You would have check but I don't think they are doing that again next year .

They have actually done this the last FOUR years. First time was for Leap Year, second time was a Monster's University Celebration, next year was Hero's and Villains theme and this year was Olaf themed.

OP: We have gone to two of them and both times were staying offsite but we drove to the park.

Have you looked at the Fairfield in Marriott Village right down from DTD? Not sure which day in May you are looking at, but when I checked flexable days lots were really cheap. The location is great and I always feel safe in the area. I know you said you weren't interested in free breakfast, but they do offer that and also free internet.

Thanks, I'll definitely check clarion and fairfield. I do like mariotts. We stay in residence whenever possible when visiting family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter