Navigators Verandah... yes or no?

Downunder Minnies

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I am looking for the pro's and con's for this style of statesroom?
Are they as bad as some people say - small verandah with little view?
What decks are they on?
Are they at both ends of the ship?
Should I just spend more and get a regular statesroom with verandah?

Thank You :confused3:confused3:confused3

Hello,

What decks are they on?

Which ship? Navigator verandahs are different on the classic ships vs. the Dream class.

Hello,

What decks are they on?

No! you should not pay more money and don't pick a reg.verandah stateroom.
......You should check and see if they have a secret cat 7A nav. verandah stateroom....they are on desks 6,7,8,and 9 on the Dream and Fantasy and decks 6 & 7 on the classical ships.
They are staterooms with a full size verandah with a little steel structual over hang. No "biggie " if you can save a little "jingle".
Yes this secret cat7a are at both ends of the ship on the Dream and Fantasy.Only on the back part [port - starboard] of the classical ships. :thumbsup2

We booked a Nav veranda on the dream last February. It was what I could afford at the time. We ended up getting upgraded to a regular room with veranda. From what I have seen the Nav. Veranda after gets upgraded since there are few of them and they are easier for Disney to sell but that is a chance you take. Depending on time of the cruise, you could get upgraded.

We booked a navigators verandah for our first cruise this March and I think they look great. Maybe I am missing something? :confused3

I think it depends on what you plan to do on your veranda. If its just a place to go and read, or perhaps stand and watch while in port, a Navigator Veranda will probably be just fine. OTOH, if you want to sit out there on a sea day to watch the ocean go by, you'll be better off with a regular veranda.

Just wanted to chime in and say that we had a Navigators Veranda on the Dream, room 9512, last February and we loved it. We spent a lot of time out on the veranda just watching the world go by. There is a little bit of an overhang, but it never got in our way. My only disappointment is that it only sleeps 3 so we can not book it on our next cruise when we are bringing the kids.

We had a navigator's veranda on the Magic's 11/15 sailing. We loved our cabin ... it had plenty of room and storage for the three of us. But we didn't love the veranda. It was just okay.

We were thankful for the extra room but didn't like how enclosed the balcony was. It got very warm during the day, and the views weren't great from the room due to the enclosed space and porthole window.

It's definitely not bad ... just not great IMHO. We would book it again if price was dramatically less. But if not, we'll stick with a regular open-air veranda.

The main factor for us was cost. We are not rich but we wanted a cabin with a view. We booked a navigators verandah last year while were on the fantasy and we got the navigator verandah room for less money(Feb 1, 2014) than we paid for the cheapest inside cabin last year(Feb. 2013). It may not be the best view on the ship but I can have breakfeast in the morning and a nice drink at night outside on my balcony.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter