Naveen Ain't Playin: My Glitteriest, Princessiest TR Ever! (FINISHED 4/13)

Sorry I'm a little late, I somehow missed your last few updates... Bad Disboards.

But congratulations on starting college, wooooo!!! Hope it's going well!:yay:

Ahhhh!!

You've moved to the City!!!

AHHHH!!!

New York, New York. It's a hell of a town.

I'm so excited for you.

And enjoy your own room!!

You've got your own personal cheerleader over here in the middle of the country wishing you the very, very best year ever. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I KNOW, RIGHT??? WHO ALLOWED THIS 10 YEAR OLD TO MOVE TO NYC BY HERSELF???

Awww, thank you so much!!! I hope your boys also have a great school year (and of course I hope you have a great year yourself)!!!! :cheer2:

Congrats on starting college!! Best of luck to you, sounds like you're off to a fun start! :)

Thank you so much!

Good Luck at college!!! And don't forget to call your parents every week!!! I'm a mother of a sophomore in college and I know how much I love my phone calls... :love:

Thank you! Don't worry, my parents and I text each other every night and I've called my mother (mostly for textbook stuff) 5/7 days I've been here. We're good :thumbsup2

Yay glad to hear about your college move-in! I completely understand how busy you are with figuring everything out and getting settled in. I love how your room is setup and all the little hints of Disney. My dorm room is more or less Disney overkill and making me slightly Disney depressed, but I knew it wouldn't be "home" without all my Disney photos. It has definitely been an adjustment for me, but I am super excited about everything too. I'm hoping to even ask about the DCP now that I'm on campus! My classes also start on Wednesday, so best of luck to you! I'm still in search of Disney friends lol, but I am happy to have met many other people. Enjoy every minute of it!

Yay! I use my desk to do everything and all I have to do is look up and see all my Disney stuff and get sad. So I totally get it.

Yes! You completely understand... it's an adjustment but it's SO exciting!

I literally just asked about the DCP to my academic advisor/unv 101 professor last night. I think it's considered as a study abroad program, so I'll have to ask the Abroad 101 offices. Best of luck to you!

I hope your classes have been fun so far! I've been swamped with work for one already... but it's an early childhood education class, so I expected it. It's a lot like the field.

Enjoy college!!!

So glad to hear you're enjoying college so far! And props to you on looking for a job. I luckily had a work study my first year and was able to keep that job for this year, but it's because of that I know how necessary it is to have a job while at school. Don't be hoping for a lot of hours because that can be overwhelming with the amount of school work you will have. Trust me.

Best of luck with classes and everything else you have to figure out! Update whenever you can, but school comes first so we can wait.

Hope you have a magical and fun first semester! :mickeyjum

See, Pace wouldn't give me work study even when I wrote to apply for it again. However, they gave me a decent scholarship and I think after you get a certain amount of money for scholarships they take away your ability to have work study, so that may be it. I haven't heard back from my potential employer yet, but it's only been a few days, so I can give it a little bit of time.

Thank you! Enjoy your classes too! I would try to update today, but I have a Yankees game to go to!

Have a magical and fun THIRD semester!!! :stitch:

I have NEVER been on Splash Mountain :scared1: - my son wants to ride it so when we go in Dec 2016 that'll be my first time on it and I am an almost 30 year old woman with more trips under my belt (including a stint on the Disney College Program) than I can count. It's pathetic :rotfl: I guarantee you I'll be screaming louder than anyone! I hate drops! :faint:

I just love seeing magical moments like that :lovestruc

So glad you enjoyed CRT! I haven't been since I was a kid but I'd love to try and get an ADR there again someday. Maybe if I ever have a daughter because I know my son wouldn't care one way or another if we ate there or not :rolleyes:

8dGP6ex3Es45W.gif

Boooooooooooooo on those boys being such spoil sports! Like, why were they even there? I bet their parents made them. And they seem like they're at that age when they want to be brats just to spite their parents. Luckily you were there to make Anna feel better :goodvibes

Awesome photo! What a beautiful Anna!! Her features are like, perfect :cloud9:

This makes me want to try for an Anna & Elsa FP. I wasn't going to since my son isn't into Frozen. He likes meeting characters though and I asked him if he would want to meet them and his response was "sure!" :laughing: So maybe we will! Or maybe we will luck into a short wait for them at some point in our trip :scratchin

That sounds horrifying :scared: That's one of the things I do like about FP+ is that I don't have to worry about getting there at rope drop to be able to do Soarin. We might attempt RD for Test Track though because my son loves it :eek:

I'm so glad you're settling in at college! New York City! That is so amazing and exciting! Trust me, we all understand needing to focus on that. School comes first! I hope you're having a wonderful time! Looking forward to more updates (when you can) and more updates about life in the big city! :goodvibes

Splash can be VERY scary, but it can also be tons of fun!

I agree. Watching the magic unfold for someone who's never been honestly becomes one of the best parts about Disney World after a while.

It's a lot of fun and the food is REALLY good!

LOL THE GIF! THAT'S EXACTLY HOW I FELT!

I know! Their parents definitely dragged them there. Good thing I was there to reassure her that everyone else wanted to hear about her powers.

She was gorgeous!

Meeting Anna and Elsa is a lot of fun, even if it's just once you'll always remember. They're awesome.

Soarin' rope drop is HORRIFYING and it's only going to get worse when they update it to Soarin' around the world. Definitely RD TT instead.

I love it. I was so scared about not making friends at first but honestly I'm having a blast and now that everyone's settled in I'm meeting a ton of new people. Thank you for being so understanding! I'm going to see the Yankees play in a few hours but I'll update you later!

Wow!! Congrats on the college move in. College is such a special time of life. Enjoy every moment and living on campus and meeting new people! Update when you can...especially about the Broadway shows!!!!!

Yay college! I will update every time I see a Broadway show, I promise :)

Ohhhhhh! You're going to have so much fun! Enjoy!

Thank you!!!

Sorry I'm a little late, I somehow missed your last few updates... Bad Disboards.

But congratulations on starting college, wooooo!!! Hope it's going well!:yay:

You're fine! And THANK YOU! It's a ton of fun! :figment:

Loved your tr so far! I know I commented army on but seem to be slacking!!
Congratulations on the move! What an amazing experience and enjoy and cherish every moment!! Hope to see an installment soon but we know you'll be busy!!
Good luck with everything!!

Loved your tr so far! I know I commented army on but seem to be slacking!!
Congratulations on the move! What an amazing experience and enjoy and cherish every moment!! Hope to see an installment soon but we know you'll be busy!!
Good luck with everything!!

Thank you!

I Meet Some Characters and Can't Think of a Clever Title

When we left off, I was in the World's Slowest Line © at the Epcot Character Spot.

I eventually made it to the front of the line and met Mickey Mouse for the first time that trip!

He was sweet. Like, the sweetest. He was giving me kisses and hugs and being wonderful! I love him.

IMG_2535_zpsnf7yfcw6.jpg

IMG_2539_zpsuxytrocy.jpg

... Then I ran into the world's most impatient CM.

So, I walked to the holding area to meet Goofy and she says, "Put your bag here, please." Naturally, I obliged as quickly as I could.

As I was walking forward, she says, "please walk all the way up to this line". Again, I was there in a moment.

"Please have your autograph book open to the right page."

I smiled and showed her that my book was, indeed, open to a blank page and she gave me the world's most dramatic eye roll.

:confused:

Anyway, then it was my turn to meet Goofy.

He signed my autograph book with his ears over his eyes! How talented is he?

IMG_2545_zpsd0rlllpn.jpg

IMG_2548_zpsprj5sdkv.jpg

So then after the Photopass guy scans my magicband, I realize that the Mickey Mouse handler forgot to scan mine.

The same handler that dealt with me before I met Goofy is now dealing with me before Minnie. I put my bag down, walked to where I (thought) I was supposed to go and turned to her.

"Excuse me, but-"

"You need to step all the way forward and have your autograph book open. Please."

At this point, my autograph book was open and I was as close as I thought I could get without being in the shot, so I was pretty mad but kept my chill. I took a step forward.

"Thank you. What's wrong?" She asked, as if it was some ginormous burden.

"Uh... the photopass guy for Mickey Mouse forgot to scan-"

"See photo center as soon as your done here. They're at the front of the park. Please move forward."

At this point, I was very flustered as Minnie walked me over to her station.

She loved my ears!

IMG_2555_zpsrz0vcvkv.jpg
IMG_2558_zpslazc5vxx.jpg

IMG_2559_zpsats7gdgz.jpg

IMG_2560_zpsaklndira.jpg

Then, as sweetly as she could muster, the same employee who gave me grief saw me out and said, "Have a nice day!"

:confused::confused::confused:

Anyway... Chip and Dale were meeting right next to the M&G and had NO line whatsoever.

IMG_2562_zpsghsdhfyj.jpg

So I went to them and they were adorable! They were playing with each other and my ears and tried to get their magicbands scanned after our photoshoot. Alas, they had not magicbands so they couldn't get scanned.

It was a fun morning with the Epcot Character Spot!

Afterwards, I decided to check out Club Cool. It was time for me to try Beverly.

IMG_2566_zps017zyvz6.jpg

IMG_2567_zpspqrw7jpr.jpg

I braced myself and took a sip, ready to drink the worst drink ever created by man...

IMG_2568_zpsrtmgp03u.jpg

IMG_2569_zpsibu9rntq.jpg

... I didn't gag. I just kinda... stood there with the aftertaste of a bitter drink in my mouth. I don't know what I was expecting. But I survived.

I tried a few other drinks.

Inca Kola was my favorite! Yummy!

IMG_2572_zpsj9p2nuyd.jpg

Then I didn't know what to do.

So I took a stroll on over to a show that I've wanted to see since 2010, but have never gotten a chance to witness live and in person...

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:

I'm back and all caught up.

I have to say that I found similar experiences with the CMs at that particular character spot. They were pretty abrupt and not very pleasant.

Cute pics at character spot and with Chip & Dale! I'm sorry that CM was so rude though :sad2:

Thank you! I'm not sure it was an isolated incident. It sounds like other CMs have been less than stellar there as well. It probably has something to do with the demand to get people in and out very quickly in order to move The World's Slowest Line © at a faster pace.

I'm back and all caught up.

I have to say that I found similar experiences with the CMs at that particular character spot. They were pretty abrupt and not very pleasant.

Welcome back!

Hmm... sounds like they're just not fun over at the Character Spot :confused3

OKAY! First of all, really quick life update...

I SAW MY FIRST SHOW OF THE COLLEGE YEAR THIS WEEK! It took me 2 weeks to crack my promise of not seeing any shows until I got a job.

It was kind of accidental, I guess? I was with my friends in the Shubert Alley Mariott. We decided just to take a walk on over to Hamilton because there was a #Ham4Ham going on, so a $10 would be totally feasible (even if winning wasn't).

As you can probably guess, it didn't go very well. But thanks to the amazing Lin and his Ham4Ham guests, I'm totally changing my major to Joel after the experience.

COfZ1v8U8AACPUq.jpg

COg2eoXXAAAZ6D_.jpg

I love Lin Manuel Miranda so much. He's awesome.

Then... we kind of accidentally found ourselves at Spring Awakening after we lost.

Want to hear something cool? We found ourselves at Broadway's FIRST EVER ticket lottery that was both spoken and signed in ASL. How awesome is that?

Want to hear something even cooler?

We won.

COfvlfxXAAQ7qck.jpg

COg2eq6WgAET2eP.jpg

COg2epFWUAAVulT.jpg

COf_BxYWoAAFQmo.jpg

COf_BxrW8AA_MbN.jpg

We saw the second preview of Spring Awakening from the center of the front row for $32. It was AMAZING.

Guys, this show is so powerful and moving. Please go see it before it leaves on January 8th. It's honestly the greatest thing I've ever seen on Broadway. It's beautiful and profound and will make you feel sad and angry and hopeful all at the same time.

Now back to our regularly scheduled trip-reporting!!!

We Are Here to Fall Down a Rabbit Hole

After I got out of Character Spot, I decided to head to a show I've wanted to see for quite some time.

IMG_2573_zpsemvvyz0g.jpg

IMG_2574_zpswufievhp.jpg

As a fan of Michael Jackson's music, I've always wondered what Captain EO was about. It was still raining pretty hard, and I had some time on my hands, so I decided it was the perfect time to catch a showing!

IMG_2577_zpsfsvhstsr.jpg

I was standing around for a pretty long time, and the pre-show video is really cool for the first 5 minutes... then pretty redundant for the last 10 or so.

As soon as the pre-show stuff was over and we were all inspired, we were let in to the theater.

IMG_2578_zpsymeu69ux.jpg

Captain EO is JAMMIN'!

I loved it! I didn't know what I was going to think of it, but after I watched it I thought it was awesome! The music is so good and the dancing is amazing. It was like watching a 15 minute long movie-musical. The only thing I want to tell prospect viewers is that it's just a 3D music video. As long as you don't expect anything more than that, you'll probably enjoy it to the extent that I did!

I left that theater with some new swag in my step. The sun had just come out, the rain had cleared up, and I walked out to some awesome background music.

I had to retrace my steps a little bit, however, and stop off at the photo center to get my photos with Mickey squared away. I walked right up to a really nice employee and got it squared away very quickly and efficiently! Then I went back up to the World Showcase. It had just opened up for the day!

IMG_2579_zpsvcpfypqb.jpg

I had one very specific character I wanted to meet today, and her M&G was in 15 minutes, so I stood right in front of her M&G area.

IMG_2580_zpsxzmhimqn.jpg

About 5 people were lined up behind me before she came out, and unfortunately, something I feared would happen occured:

Disney had prompted guests to line up for her indoor M&G area, unbeknownst to me and the poor souls behind me, and then decided at the last minute to bring Alice outside again, so about 7,000,000 people were lined up before us.

Meh.

I was in line for about 20 minutes and there was pretty much only one good thing about that. In the transition period between every meet, Alice would turn to the flowers and start talking to them. It was so cute.

Then it was my turn!

IMG_2584_zpsl6g8j77g.jpg

"Well, hello there!" Alice said.

"Hi, Alice!" I smiled as I gave her the autograph book. "I saw you talking to the flowers. Were they saying anything of importance?"

She pouted as she signed my book. "They're quite mad about the rain. Well, actually, they do quite enjoy the rain, but they're still quite angry today."

IMG_2586_zpsvw21crgi.jpg

IMG_2589_zpsgtnyr5ed.jpg

IMG_2588_zpskfbtrl2x.jpg

"Oh, dear." I said. A drip of water dropped onto the page she signed.

"Oh, no!" She cried out. "It's raining!"

"No, it's not raining, I think it's just the trees dripping water." The character attendant explained.

"No, no, it's not the trees." She pouted. She turned to me again. "I think I would rather like it if my sister made me a rain coat and boots. Oh, and she could make you one as well! We could be matching!"

"Yes! We should." I smiled.

IMG_2592_zpseotoirc0.jpg

Her interaction was a 7/10. I've seen more enthusiastic and child-like Alices in my day, but she was still pretty cute and in character.

Then I tried to decide what I should do next, and decided there was another meet in Epcot that probably shouldn't be missed...

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:
the character spot person...urgh. I experienced a really rude Haunted Mansion CM in July that I didn't write about in my TR. I had the red time card for it on my solo night, and they told me at the gate to hand it to the person when I got to the doom buggies. Soo...I kept trying to hand it to the person putting people in the doom buggies, but she kept ignoring me. I didn't want to mess up their system, so I kept saying "excuse me", trying to get her to look at me. I wasn't holding up the line or anything, but after three "excuse me's", she turned around and LITERALLY screamed right in my face, 'WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE SEATED!!' Not said in character, but said with red faced anger.

It was shocking and humiliating, and probably had something to do with me not enjoying my trip through the mansion. The little girl behind me with her mom started freaking out saying she didn't want to talk to the mean lady. It was bad.

So, that being said, I totally understand how it feels to be spoken to like that by a CM. Not very magical. I'm sorry!! I'm sorry so many others seem to have had a bad experience at the character spot, too :(

I'm glad you're having a great beginning to school...how exciting to win and to see Spring Awakening!! It's one of my want-to-watch shows. It got on the list when Glee first started, and a lot of the cast had originally been in it on Broadway (Jonathan Groff, Lea Michelle, Jenna Ushkowitz). So, so, so awesome!!!

Your meet with Alice was cute!! Alice is one of those characters that just don't work if the "friend of Alice" isn't on point. I'm glad yours was decent. (on a side note, the Alice wigs are always SO PERFECT.)

the character spot person...urgh. I experienced a really rude Haunted Mansion CM in July that I didn't write about in my TR. I had the red time card for it on my solo night, and they told me at the gate to hand it to the person when I got to the doom buggies. Soo...I kept trying to hand it to the person putting people in the doom buggies, but she kept ignoring me. I didn't want to mess up their system, so I kept saying "excuse me", trying to get her to look at me. I wasn't holding up the line or anything, but after three "excuse me's", she turned around and LITERALLY screamed right in my face, 'WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE SEATED!!' Not said in character, but said with red faced anger.

It was shocking and humiliating, and probably had something to do with me not enjoying my trip through the mansion. The little girl behind me with her mom started freaking out saying she didn't want to talk to the mean lady. It was bad.

So, that being said, I totally understand how it feels to be spoken to like that by a CM. Not very magical. I'm sorry!! I'm sorry so many others seem to have had a bad experience at the character spot, too :(

I'm glad you're having a great beginning to school...how exciting to win and to see Spring Awakening!! It's one of my want-to-watch shows. It got on the list when Glee first started, and a lot of the cast had originally been in it on Broadway (Jonathan Groff, Lea Michelle, Jenna Ushkowitz). So, so, so awesome!!!

Your meet with Alice was cute!! Alice is one of those characters that just don't work if the "friend of Alice" isn't on point. I'm glad yours was decent. (on a side note, the Alice wigs are always SO PERFECT.)

Oh my gosh. I would have gone straight to town hall and reported her. What a jerk!

Spring Awakening was so good. I can't even wrap my mind around it. I loved everything about it.

It was a good trip to wonderland with Alice!!!

I'm glad you got to see Spring Awakening and enjoyed it so much!

The Alice meet sounds like it was so fun :) Cute pics! Can't wait to hear who else you met.

Disney had prompted guests to line up for her indoor M&G area, unbeknownst to me and the poor souls behind me, and then decided at the last minute to bring Alice outside again, so about 7,000,000 people were lined up before us.
Yikes. That would have been very frustrating. Besides, how do they know you guys weren't out there longer? At least it turned out not to be too bad of a wait.

He was sweet. Like, the sweetest. He was giving me kisses and hugs and being wonderful! I love him.

IMG_2535_zpsnf7yfcw6.jpg

Aww! You gotta love The Big Cheese!

... Then I ran into the world's most impatient CM.

So, I walked to the holding area to meet Goofy and she says, "Put your bag here, please." Naturally, I obliged as quickly as I could.

As I was walking forward, she says, "please walk all the way up to this line". Again, I was there in a moment.

"Please have your autograph book open to the right page."

I smiled and showed her that my book was, indeed, open to a blank page and she gave me the world's most dramatic eye roll.

:confused:

Urg! What was her problem?? :confused3

He signed my autograph book with his ears over his eyes! How talented is he?

IMG_2545_zpsd0rlllpn.jpg

He is super talented that Goofy!
:rotfl:

The same handler that dealt with me before I met Goofy is now dealing with me before Minnie. I put my bag down, walked to where I (thought) I was supposed to go and turned to her.

"Excuse me, but-"

"You need to step all the way forward and have your autograph book open. Please."

At this point, my autograph book was open and I was as close as I thought I could get without being in the shot, so I was pretty mad but kept my chill. I took a step forward.

"Thank you. What's wrong?" She asked, as if it was some ginormous burden.

"Uh... the photopass guy for Mickey Mouse forgot to scan-"

"See photo center as soon as your done here. They're at the front of the park. Please move forward."

Wow she really wasn't spreading any pixie dust was she!
:sad2:

Love that picture! :cutie:

Then, as sweetly as she could muster, the same employee who gave me grief saw me out and said, "Have a nice day!"

:confused::confused::confused:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-22979-1384980970-6.gif

Afterwards, I decided to check out Club Cool. It was time for me to try Beverly.

IMG_2566_zps017zyvz6.jpg

I've never tried Beverly! Good to know you survived! :rotfl:

Want to hear something cool? We found ourselves at Broadway's FIRST EVER ticket lottery that was both spoken and signed in ASL. How awesome is that?

Want to hear something even cooler?

We won.

That is so cool! :hyper:

About 5 people were lined up behind me before she came out, and unfortunately, something I feared would happen occured:

Meh.

That is so annoying!
:headache: Why didn't they just let you and the 5 people behind you who were already there just go first? :confused3

This picture just cracks me up! :rotfl:

Hello my dear!!!!

I am finally back and all caught up with your TR!!! Love it so far by the way! I have been so busy with my first year at college as well, so I totally get where you're coming from. I hope everything is going well for you. :)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the Character meets you have don so far. You are just like me, character meets are my thing when I go to Disney. I am also that 18 year old with the autograph book haha.

Your CRT seemed so wonderful and magical, you have really convinced me to try it the next time I'm there! Looking forward to your next update, and you've inspired me to continue on mine...

I can't believe I missed so much. Obviously I won't comment on all of it, but I just wanted to say sorry about your grandma and let you know that I'm now following along and ready to hear more :)

I love Spring Awakening! I saw it in my hometown when there was a touring company going through, and would love to see it again! Is it bad that your TR is now making me want to go back to NYC? Enjoy as many shows as you can!! (I would)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter