• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

National Coupons, August 2012, Coupon works then it doesn't ?

kinggoofy

DIS Veteran
I am using a valid coupon for our August trip, $35 off ND8578ADT and / or $25 off ND3166ZDQ. (Obviously, I am not using both at the same time.)

On one line it says coupon accepted and the next line it credits the amount back and it also says, discount coupon accepted. :confused3

Basically, the coupon is not being accepted.

Can anyone shed some info on this ?

Thanks

I am using a valid coupon for our August trip, $35 off ND8578ADT and / or $25 off ND3166ZDQ. (Obviously, I am not using both at the same time.)

On one line it says coupon accepted and the next line it credits the amount back and it also says, discount coupon accepted. :confused3

Basically, the coupon is not being accepted.

Can anyone shed some info on this ?

Thanks

Nope, I sure cannot. But, I just used it on a mock reservation and it worked just fine. Are you using a contract ID or rate product code with this?
I would try again.

I am using a contract ID. 5007125

Ok, this is what I got. I went in, put in Aug. dates and selected a car. The price for the midsize for the week is 425.00. When I add the 5007125 to the mix it comes to 357.00, then when I add the coupon for 35.00 it comes to 357.00 with the comment that the coupon WILL be applied. When I went to the next page (where it breaks down the charges) it comes to 322.00, so, that shows me the coupon has been applied.
Is this similar to what you have experienced?

I have been playing around with all different types of contract id's. There is an emerald club contract id #1234567 (similar to the KLM code everyone is talking about)....and it will say something like---

Discount applied ($35.00)
Discound applied $15.09 (no (-) on this line)
(we are emerald club members)

My dates are aug 18th - aug 25th pickup at dolphin drop off at MCO OR aug 14th - aug 25th. MCO both ways.

I think its something to do with taxes but I havent had time to call National just yet.

Thanks KG

I have been playing around with all different types of contract id's. There is an emerald club contract id #1234567 (similar to the KLM code everyone is talking about)....and it will say something like---

We are Emerald Club members ... what exactly is the 1234567 code? It says "Emerald club Leisure product." Can any regular member use this code?

Discount applied ($35.00)
Discound applied $15.09 (no (-) on this line)
(we are emerald club members)

My dates are aug 18th - aug 25th pickup at dolphin drop off at MCO OR aug 14th - aug 25th. MCO both ways.

I think its something to do with taxes but I havent had time to call National just yet.

Thanks KG

Yes, it probably does have something to do with taxes, however, at the bottom of the rate quote you will see some of those taxes have been credited back to you. It is a quite a savings using that code. Approx. 50% off over what you would have received using the first code and coupon you mentioned. I don't think I would quibble at all over 1.96 net that you would "lose" by using the 1234567 code and 35.00 coupon.

Yes, it probably does have something to do with taxes, however, at the bottom of the rate quote you will see some of those taxes have been credited back to you. It is a quite a savings using that code. Approx. 50% off over what you would have received using the first code and coupon you mentioned. I don't think I would quibble at all over 1.96 net that you would "lose" by using the 1234567 code and 35.00 coupon.

I understand that, I just wanted to make sure that there wasnt something I was doing wrong.

Thanks for all your research !!!!!:thumbsup2

I understand that, I just wanted to make sure that there wasnt something I was doing wrong.

Thanks for all your research !!!!!:thumbsup2

You are welcome. In reality, if the system takes it, it will be accepted. Where did you get that 123456 code? Very awesome code.

That's why I was asking too! ;)

Oddly enough, i just google "national contract ID's" and I looked through them and I saw this one. We are emerald club members and we can use this contract id. we confirmed it with National at the beginning of the year when our car search started for this august.

And just to confirm with gmeh1 ... as this is the best rate I've seen so far :thumbsup2 ... my confirmation says pick-up is the "Aisle & Executive Service." As Emerald club members, does that still mean we choose any car available?

And just to confirm with gmeh1 ... as this is the best rate I've seen so far :thumbsup2 ... my confirmation says pick-up is the "Aisle & Executive Service." As Emerald club members, does that still mean we choose any car available?

Yes, it means you choose whatever car is on the Emerald Aisle or Executive aisle if you are qualified for Executive. It does NOT mean that you get to select any car in the garage. Don't laugh, many members think that.

THANK YOU for this code!!! It worked PERFECTLY for me and saved me a LOT of money on my upcoming rental!!

Sue Ellen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter