National American Miss. Help.

scrub05

Mouseketeer
Heyy guys. My friend got a letter in the mail for national american miss and asked me if she should do it. I said yes go for it and she brought me along to the open call for support. They gave me an application and had me also do an interview that day and I ended up making it.
I don't think I wanna be a model and I have been hearing its not a beauty pageant so I wanted to go for it to gain self confidence and work on interviewing skills.
Just a few minutes ago my parents came and talked to me about it and they now dont want me doing it because they think it's a scam and think it's a waste of my time since I don't wanna be a model.
Has anybody done this pageant/competition before.?
Please help if you have any suggestions or inputs.

Never.
Ever.
Ever.
Ever.
EVER
Pay.

I'd reccommend not doing it, it looks like a total sham. Ask yourself, 'how many models got their break from things like this?' Yah, sista.

I know I sound mean, but for your own sake, don't do it. And I got invited to do a local pageant, and my Mom wouldn't let me, because she thought I would lose self esteem from it, and she didn't want to be the 'beauty pageant Mom,' and deal with that crap with the obnoxious Mom's. Oh trust me, the TV's don't exaggerate...at all. I think my Mom's the best, cuz she goes through my acting and singing...

Never.
Ever.
Ever.
Ever.
EVER
Pay.

I'd reccommend not doing it, it looks like a total sham. Ask yourself, 'how many models got their break from things like this?' Yah, sista.

I know I sound mean, but for your own sake, don't do it. And I got invited to do a local pageant, and my Mom wouldn't let me, because she thought I would lose self esteem from it, and she didn't want to be the 'beauty pageant Mom,' and deal with that crap with the obnoxious Mom's. Oh trust me, the TV's don't exaggerate...at all. I think my Mom's the best, cuz she goes through my acting and singing...

Alright thanks. yeah you have to collect $450 to just participate in state. And then $50 per activity like "most photogenic" and stuff like that. So I don't know my parents just thought it was like a total scam.

It's probably just a scam...like everyone else has said.

Alright thanks. yeah you have to collect $450 to just participate in state. And then $50 per activity like "most photogenic" and stuff like that. So I don't know my parents just thought it was like a total scam.

Oh, see, I don't know a thing about beauty pageants so I posted having no idea that they wanted money. I agree with the other posters; don't do it!

I know girls who have done this pagent and it's pretty much a scam. They are there to make tons of money... I got invited to do this pagent a couple of times also we lookiled into it since I come from a pagent family(my aunt was first runner up in the Miss America pagent) and had never done a pagent before but in the end decided it wasn't worth our money. If you really want to do a pagent do a non glitz pagent like Cinderella pagent or a local one...

have you ever s een those comertails "you kids could be on hit shows like drake and josh, icarly and hannah montana. 1-800-call now!!" and it's like a carton girl walking across the stage. my friend's parents called cause he really wants to "make it big" they wanted $500 dollars before they whould do anything. if you want to get into modeling acting etc... go to an agency like john robert powers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter