Nassau

tinks_1989

<font color=teal>need a <b>like</b> button<br><fon
We sailed in our first cruise in February and it was fantastic.

The day we were at Nassau we for off with no plans and just decided to see how it goes. We really enjoyed the beach and the weather but we never felt we could relax. We were always being stopped and asked if we wanted anything parasol, sun bed, drink, hair braid. I know they are trying to make a living and they are all friendly enough just wanted to be able relax a bit more next time.

When I have searched read TR's or reviews every one seems to stay on the boat the day we Port at Nassau.

I would really like to try a port adventure at Atlantis but I can't find many reviews. There will be 2 adults and 1 child (4). Has any one done any of the Nassau adventures?

Believe me, if all we did was stay on the ship, DCL might make other port arrangements. Truth is, a LOT of us REALLY enjoyed Nassau, but you have to have a plan. Our friends did Atlantis, said it was expensive and they didn't get to do a lot, but thats up to you. We went to Blue Lagoon and liked it so much, we are going back. We have also done a great catamaran sail and snorkel half day excursion previously. Every time we book something, we LOVE it. Everyone who basically just walks around all say they will stay on the ship the next time. Great water and reefs in the Bahamas.

Believe me, if all we did was stay on the ship, DCL might make other port arrangements. Truth is, a LOT of us REALLY enjoyed Nassau, but you have to have a plan. Our friends did Atlantis, said it was expensive and they didn't get to do a lot, but thats up to you. We went to Blue Lagoon and liked it so much, we are going back. We have also done a great catamaran sail and snorkel half day excursion previously. Every time we book something, we LOVE it. Everyone who basically just walks around all say they will stay on the ship the next time. Great water and reefs in the Bahamas.
Ha ha I know not every one stays on the ship I just always seem to read a TR where people or friends who have been stay on. May be this because I read/ talk to people with little ones and they feel they get more out of the ship then Nassau. I really want to make the most of being their and getting off and exploring.

Ha ha I know not every one stays on the ship I just always seem to read a TR where people or friends who have been stay on. May be this because I read/ talk to people with little ones and they feel they get more out of the ship then Nassau. I really want to make the most of being their and getting off and exploring.

We have gotten off the ship both times in Nassau. The first time we visited shops and the straw market and the second time we had planned a day pass at the Sheraton. Unfortunately, the weather was uncooperative so the day pass didn't pan out but we still did a little shopping. We will be in Nassau again in a couple of months and have a room booked at the Comfort Suites so that we can enjoy Atlantis.

Here is a link to a TR with an Atlantis visit. Lisa does a good job of describing their experience IMO. Enjoy!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3168848

We have gotten off the ship both times in Nassau. The first time we visited shops and the straw market and the second time we had planned a day pass at the Sheraton. Unfortunately, the weather was uncooperative so the day pass didn't pan out but we still did a little shopping. We will be in Nassau again in a couple of months and have a room booked at the Comfort Suites so that we can enjoy Atlantis.

Here is a link to a TR with an Atlantis visit. Lisa does a good job of describing their experience IMO. Enjoy!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3168848

Thank you. :cheer2:

We sailed in our first cruise in February and it was fantastic.

The day we were at Nassau we for off with no plans and just decided to see how it goes. We really enjoyed the beach and the weather but we never felt we could relax. We were always being stopped and asked if we wanted anything parasol, sun bed, drink, hair braid. I know they are trying to make a living and they are all friendly enough just wanted to be able relax a bit more next time.

When I have searched read TR's or reviews every one seems to stay on the boat the day we Port at Nassau.

I would really like to try a port adventure at Atlantis but I can't find many reviews. There will be 2 adults and 1 child (4). Has any one done any of the Nassau adventures?

Not everyone stays on the ship. We really liked Nassau.

Mike

Not everyone stays on the ship. We really liked Nassau. Mike

I know not every one stays on the ship but when I read TRs like I said they always seem to stay on the boat. We really enjoyed the beach just wanted more information for next time. We booked our last cruise last minute and didn't have enough time to do any proper research on excursions.

Based on TRs we have read we have a mini plan for Nassau. We like the look of the pirate museum - if only to stock up on souvenirs for our bar ;-) - and we will then head off and have a look at Señor Frogs - but again it will just be the two of us, no kids, so think this is a safe option.
We are only doing a 3 day and did consider staying on board, but we also consider ourselves to be adventurous travellers and know we would regret it if we didn't go and have a look.

Based on TRs we have read we have a mini plan for Nassau. We like the look of the pirate museum - if only to stock up on souvenirs for our bar ;-) - and we will then head off and have a look at Señor Frogs - but again it will just be the two of us, no kids, so think this is a safe option. We are only doing a 3 day and did consider staying on board, but we also consider ourselves to be adventurous travellers and know we would regret it if we didn't go and have a look.

Señor frogs looks like some where DH and I would go for sure ;)

We did a day at Atlantis on our own. DH found a great rate of $99/nt at Atlantis with a two night minimum which came out to $200+tax...still cheaper than DCL excursion. The front desk at Atlantis did give us an odd look when we told them we wanted to check in and out the same day...really just needed the wristbands. Our kids were 4 and 7 at the time and we found the lines for the slides were never long, the lazy river not lazy (read awesome), and pools and beach great! It was also a great way to see Atlantis and all the wonderful aquariums without paying the outrageous prices to vacation there. This was last September...probably a slow time for them, thus the great rate offered. They even upgraded us and gave us a room immediately when we hadn't even planned on using it. I guess the pixie dust followed us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter