Nassau excursions

Peace Mickey Lovers

Mouseketeer
First time cruiser here. we are doing a 4 day cruise and wondering what is the best excursion in Nassau and would you stay on the ship or is it worth getting off in Nassau?

We walked to the pirate museum, it was inexpensive, a lot of fun and we were back on the ship for lunch and rode the Aquaduck without a wait!

We walked to the pirate museum, it was inexpensive, a lot of fun and we were back on the ship for lunch and rode the Aquaduck without a wait!

Does the pirate museum sell any piratey type souvenirs? Do they have a website that you are aware of please?

We did the Forts and Junkanoo and had a blast! We were back for lunch and enjoyed the remainder of the afternoon on the ship.

I swam with the sea lions, this Feb I am doing the chocolate factory tour :cool1: Edited to add, i prefer getting off the ship because too many prefer to stay on the ship. I like excursions though.

First time cruiser as well, thought about doing the blue lagoon island beach day. Has anyone ever done that one?

When we toured the Pirate Museum something happend there that I must share. First, let me say that my DW and I enjoyed the museum and the walk to and from. When you get to the end of the self guided tour through the museum, it takes you through an open court yard before you exit through their gift shop. My wife walked ahead of me down a ramp past a closed outdoor bar in the courtyard, then through the door into the gift shop. As she was walking down the ramp, a huge (and I mean huge!) rat ran along the rail next to the ramp. She only caught a glims of it and asked me what that was. So as not to panic her at that moment I told her it was a squirl. I didn't tell her the truth until we were walking back to the ship through the straw market. It's something we'll never forget. In less than a month we'll be cruising back to Nassau on the Wonder. I think we'll just skip the Pirate Museum. If you go you'll have fun, just keep your eyes open!:wave2:

We did the Forts and Junkanoo and had a blast! We were back for lunch and enjoyed the remainder of the afternoon on the ship.

This is the one we are doing for our April trip!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We did the Blue Lagoon Island beach day on our 01/20/14 sailing. It's just the hubby and I and we enjoyed our day. There were plenty of chairs on the lagoon beach and good size open swimming area. There's a section with inflatables that's $15/day and the water is 5-10ft deep. Each section also has its own lifeguard. There's also a smaller beach behind the eating area that's open to the ocean, so it was a little rougher but I bet much better snorkeling. Water was a little chilly in January so we didn't swim too much. The lunch included wasn't bad. There's also a bar, beer was $6 and frozen drinks $8-10. We liked that there was no pressure at all to do the extras. You can also walk over to the sea lion and dolphin encounter area and watch from the boardwalks. We had 3 choices of return times - 1pm, 2pm, and 4pm.

We did the Blue Lagoon Island beach day on our 01/20/14 sailing. It's just the hubby and I and we enjoyed our day. There were plenty of chairs on the lagoon beach and good size open swimming area. There's a section with inflatables that's $15/day and the water is 5-10ft deep. Each section also has its own lifeguard. There's also a smaller beach behind the eating area that's open to the ocean, so it was a little rougher but I bet much better snorkeling. Water was a little chilly in January so we didn't swim too much. The lunch included wasn't bad. There's also a bar, beer was $6 and frozen drinks $8-10. We liked that there was no pressure at all to do the extras. You can also walk over to the sea lion and dolphin encounter area and watch from the boardwalks. We had 3 choices of return times - 1pm, 2pm, and 4pm.

Thank you for your info :)

carcam51 said:

We did the fort tour as well. We had fun but my poor dad had a hard time with all the stairs. So after the tour, we went back to the ship for lunch & a nap.

I just booked with them for a Hilton day pass in two weeks. You can chance it to buy at the Hilton but there may not be availability. Island marketing requires a 20% deposit with the balance due the day if your visit. The cost is $60/adult includes a $40 food voucher and $30/child which includes a $15 food voucher. The Hilton has great reviews on Cruise Critic so thought I would give it a try.

We're going here in September and I'm pretty sure we're going to do the chocolate tour. We'll be in CC two days so I don't have an overwhelming desire to do a resort in nassau. Well be there 7:30-1:45 and If I remember correctly the chocolate tour is at 10:30 or 11.

Any suggestions on what we can see before hand? I've seen some negative reviews over all for Nassau, should we just stay on ship? I had looked forward to it but now I'm not sure. I didn't notice till after we booked that we wouldn't be here a full day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter