Nashville Girls' Trip Help Needed

Hisgirl

DIS Veteran
I have a dear family friend who helped me immensely with my elderly parents. They both passed on the same day back in Feb and I'm finally ready to get out and do something fun. I want to take this friend on a trip to Nashville to a fun concert and do a tour and eat and eat and eat.

Where would be a good place to stay that is sorta better than a typical budget hotel, and are there some not-miss things you would recommend? We have tickets to see Darius Rucker!

A long time ago, we did a girls trip in Nashville and really enjoyed the trolley tour...you had on/off privileges along the route. I regret that we didn't budget ahead to buy cowboy boots...there were several stores that had buy one get one deals but they were too pricey for a spur of the moment souvenir. (And I'm not the cowboy boot type.) We were in town for a show, so there was only a day to sight see.

I have a dear family friend who helped me immensely with my elderly parents. They both passed on the same day back in Feb and I'm finally ready to get out and do something fun. I want to take this friend on a trip to Nashville to a fun concert and do a tour and eat and eat and eat.

Where would be a good place to stay that is sorta better than a typical budget hotel, and are there some not-miss things you would recommend? We have tickets to see Darius Rucker!
https://www.tripadvisor.com/SmartDeals-g55229-Nashville_Davidson_County_Tennessee-Hotel-Deals.html

If you want 5 star swanky The Hermitage Walkable to the arena, but farther than some

If you want very close to the arena Omni
Gaylord Opryland not downtown, but shopping, bars, restaurants all onsite/walkable. Used to (not sure if they still do) have transportation downtown

We lived there 13 years and did all kinds of staycations. I've stayed in all 3 of these multiple times. I would say the Omni for a girls trip with a concert. You'll be right in the thick of things.

The Omni is definitely nice, and just a few blocks from boardway, but at the same time far far far from budget. Of course check out the honky tonks on broadway. The Gaylord is worth a visit. The country music hall of fame museum is worth a visit also.

I would recommend a Nashville SC match (please don’t throw a tomato at me…:duck:).

For what it’s worth, Wicked will be at TPAC in Nashville that weekend: https://www.tpac.org/event/2023-10-11-to-2023-10-29-wicked/

I don’t think they released the Titans schedule yet- you should try to book something before they do, just in case they have a home game that weekend.

If you do end up staying further and need to drive in, the library has $10 parking (I think for 12 hours? We never hit the limit), but it can fill up depending on what’s going on.

We typically do day trips or stay in Franklin… Nashville hotels aren’t particularly budget friendly, at least at the times we visit. We have stayed at the Comfort Inn by the football stadium, which was ok but nothing I’d boast about. They had a shuttle downtown and free parking.

I've been up to Nashville a couple of times recently and I really like the area where Broadway splits into West End. I think it's like Midtown, and it's near Vanderbilt. There are a lot of hotels and such, and it's less crowded than downtown. There are lots of restaurants and bars too. It's not that far from Downtown, assuming that's where the concert is. It's a cute area!

I was there last year and am heading back in a few weeks. The Ryman tour is a must do. My wife and I did a hop on, hop off trolley tour that was fantastic. Plenty of bars up and down Broadway, if that's your thing. The Hilton Downtown Nashville is less than a block from Bridgestone Arena, but probably not in the budget. I stayed out by the airport and it worked fine. Had to drive in for everything but that didn't bother me. Parking is free at Nissan Stadium unless there is a game, from there it's a quick walk over the bridge into downtown. Country Music Hall of Fame was fun, but not a must do.

I'm guessing if you have tickets to Darius, you're coming during CMA Fest. If so prices for hotels are jacked up even more but the entire weekend is filled with live music. I'd plan to stay a bit out and just uber into town because parking that weekend will insane. Highly recommend hall of fame.

As far as food, there are hidden gems it just depends what you like for food because there's a wide variety of different food. We have a place that has giant cookies on 2nd avenue next to an old fashioned ice cream shop. Five Daughters Bakery is a good donut place. I love Rise for breakfast.

I'm guessing if you have tickets to Darius, you're coming during CMA Fest. If so prices for hotels are jacked up even more but the entire weekend is filled with live music. I'd plan to stay a bit out and just uber into town because parking that weekend will insane. Highly recommend hall of fame.

As far as food, there are hidden gems it just depends what you like for food because there's a wide variety of different food. We have a place that has giant cookies on 2nd avenue next to an old fashioned ice cream shop. Five Daughters Bakery is a good donut place. I love Rise for breakfast.
Rise was very good. The Pharmacy on the Eastside was great. I did Hattie B's for Hot Chicken, while it was good I don't think it was worth the premium.

A few friends and I are looking at booking a weekend trip to Nashville, this thread is perfectly timed :) It will not be until late October/November and we are waiting for the NFL schedule to be released to choose our travel dates since my one friend works for the Eagles. I am hoping that since we will be splitting the hotel stay that we may be able to book something downtown/centrally located.

We stayed at the Gaylord Opryland resort and LOVED it - was one of our favorite hotels on our 2 month road trip around the US!

If you like to drink at all, we did a bar crawl with a tour guide. It was so fun. There were people of all ages on it and we became a tight group by the end of the night. We were a group of women in our 50's but we didn't feel old on it at all. We also did the pedal bar thing which was also fun but we all preferred the bar crawl. We stayed a the JW Marriott downtown. Certainly not cheap but a few women had Marriott points so it wasn't bad. Great location and rooftop pool was awesome.

We where just down there to take the daughter to the very rainy Taylor Swift concert.

We ate at Martins BBQ on 4th Ave South and Bakersfield on 3rd ave south (You can reserve a table) in Nashville. Both the BBQ and Tacos were excellent! We stayed at the Hampton Inn Downtown Nashville. While the common areas need some updating the free breakfast was ok and the rooms were good.

We had been smart enough to book our rooms before tickets for the concert went on sale so we didn't have to pay the 1,000 per night that they were going for at that time.

Just a note you will have to pay for valet parking at your hotel most likely or reserve a spot early someplace using an app like SpotHero. We used the hotel valet as it was in a covered garage.

We were the for two days. The first day we stayed outside of the city in Hendersonville at a superb Hampton Inn at a much lower cost and used spot hero to park in town but reserve your spot EARLY in the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter