• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Narcoossee's

courtneylauren

DCP Fall Adv. 2014 Alumni - Epcot Vacation Planner
We are thinking about changing our reservation for my parent's 20th anniversary. We currently have a ADR at Le Cellier, but we have gone there for quite a few anniversaries, and with it being the 20th, we want something nicer/a signature. We LOVE Le Cellier, and will be going there during the trip, but are thinking about going to Narcoossee's for the anniversary. Opinions on this restaurant? We have never been.

Also, we are on the dining plan. Will we be allowed to get the 2 filets/lobster entree on the dining plan. I assume so?

Thanks!
Courtney

i love Narcoossee's. It takes 2 TS credits on the dining plan but yes you can get the filet or lobster. My hubby and I go there the first night we are in Disney every time. It is actually our only tradition when it comes to WDW. Also, if you time it right, you can see Wishes from your table.

I love this restaurant! I had the combination of filet and lobster tail and it was excellent! We even got a great table and view of the fireworks!

DH and I were there back in October for our 10th anniv. We :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc this place!!! The service was great, the food was terrific and the atmosphere was outstanding. Certainly one of my favorites now. When the fireworks started, the lights were dimmed throughout the restaraunt....very nice!

DH and I first ate here on our honeymoon 17 yrs ago...it has been a staple for us on almost every trip ever since and has never let us down. The views are amazing, it's upscale but not stuffy, and the food is awesome! Now even DD7 loves going there...as a bonus you can watch the water pageant from your dinner table!

You will not be sorry if you try Narcoosee's!!

We LOVE this restaurant. Just had dinner there last week and had a wonderful time. My daughter and I had the lobster and my husband had the lobster/steak.
We think it's worth 2 points on the dining plan. It's always a must do for us.

Enjoy The Magic!!

Yes it is much better than le cellier. My dh got that last year but this year got the whole lobster both times on the deluxe plan. It was very good. I got a lemon fish dish and it very was good. The berry punch alcohol drink was the best I had all week and I love their almond cheesecake for dessert.
Our waitress was excellent and our waiter last year was horrible so I'm glad that didn't persuade me not to go again.

I'm glad to hear such positive things! I have booked our 10th anniversary dinner here for our upcoming trip in Sept. We are traveling with my parents and get a night out w/o the boys :yay: I was torn between this, Jiko or California Grill. Traveling with little ones we haven't tried any of the signature restaurants yet. But after reading all the comments, I think I made a good choice! Thanks!

Another vote for Narcoossee's - it's been a while since I've been there (before kids) - but the food and atmosphere were great. And the view was outstanding - good place for an anniversary!

We went to both places in January and enjoyed them. Narcoosee's has nicer atomsphere. We both had the whole lobster on the DxDDP and we loved it. Eating lobster while looking at the castle :wizard:

Narcoossee's is our favorite! It is a must-do for every trip. In fact, DH and I have a reservation on the evening of our third anniversary! The lobster, filet, bread, French-pressed coffee, and almond crusted cheesecake is fabulous! It is definitely worth 2 credits on the DDP. We've consistently had good service here and the view is fantastic if you time it right with Wishes.

Enjoy- you will love it! :lovestruc

What great reviews, I can't wait to dine there for the first time in 16 days:)

Ok - yall have convinced us!
Now, the next question.. what is the best time to make a reservation for? I've checked a bunch of time online and it seems like I will be able to get any time. What time should we shoot for to plan it right with the fireworks and water parade? We will be there on July 14.

Thanks!!

We just love Narcoossee's!! Its always our go-to for special occassions and we have never been disapointed. The almond crusted cheesecake is probably my most favorite dessert in all of WDW!

This was our view from the last trip. We were on the "upper" row, not next to the coveted window seats, and yet had a great view of both the castle and SM. We watched some of Wishes from our seat and then went out on the porch to watch the rest. It was simply magical :lovestruc

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0224.jpg

DSC_0284.jpg

And, they serve a mean cosmopolitan!!!

DSC_0221-1.jpg

Ok - yall have convinced us!
Now, the next question.. what is the best time to make a reservation for? I've checked a bunch of time online and it seems like I will be able to get any time. What time should we shoot for to plan it right with the fireworks and water parade? We will be there on July 14.

Thanks!!

My advice would be to check the schedule on the WDW site for fireworks the night you're planning on dining. Given that it's summer, I would bet that they will be at 10pm...I would plan a late dinner time, maybe 8:30 or 8:45pm, take your time with a full meal (app. through dessert) and then you can either watch from inside, or walk right outside to the boat dock and watch them from there. You should have no problem getting a late adr...

I don't remember what time the water pageant is...check online and see when it is in front of the GF...I think it's earlier in the evening, but you might still catch it with the dining time I suggested.

;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter