Narcoossee’s ... Table for 1

reking96

Mouseketeer
Hey Guys!

I have a solo trip booked for this December. Would dinning at Narcoossee’s be weird or uncomfortable? I travel alone a lot so eating by myself is fine... however there are establishments that make it a bit uncomfortable. Thanks for your comments!

I ate solo there last year and had an absolutely great meal. Good table (not stuck in corner), great view, attentive service, outstanding food and wine - not once did I feel uncomfortable or unwelcomed. They do have a bar area that you can eat at - however you will miss out on the view.
Go for it!

You comfort level during solo trips is yours alone. Many folks love solo trips but they depress the heck out of me. The last time I solo'd I did nothing but quick serve and I will never do a solo trip again. It's the whole not talking to anyone all week when everyone else is laughing and enjoying each others company that drives me nuts. I'm sure your trip will be awesome if you like the solitude.

I've eaten at Narcoossee's solo. No problem. They also have a bar and you can order the full menu there. I prefer the bar when I'm by myself.

I have eaten solo there many times with no issues, but I absolutely don't mind eating alone. One year, a couple that I had been talking to while waiting in the lobby for my table saw I was eating alone and the lady came over and asked if I would like to join them. I declined nicely, but I did think it was a very sweet gesture, even though she questioned my being alone. I fibbed a little and said a Work Conference instead of saying "escaping the family for my own selfish need to have a little solitude once in a while." :cutie: Many individuals don't understand and have made comments as to why I am eating alone. This includes other guests, waitstaff, etc. I truly don't see what the big deal is. :confused3

Last year, I finally dined at CRT solo. I knew my DS would NEVER want to eat there so on my solo trip I did it. I am not big on Meet and Greets with characters - I just wanted to see the inside of the castle. I tried to explain this my server, but she wasn't having any of it and insisted I talk to all the princesses and have my picture taken. For the first time at Disney, I was extremely uncomfortable and felt out-of-place, especially trying to role play with the princesses. Apparently, CRT is not my cup of tea.

I have eaten there solo, too. This is one of my favorite restaurants at Disney! You will be just fine. I have seen people bring a book to read. If you feel a little nervous about it, just bring a book. However, you will love the view and if you tie it into the Happily Ever After fireworks - you can get an extra magical experience.

I have a solo trip planned for the end of August (first one). I don't think I'll be uncomfortable eating alone (I have the deluxe plan). Hopefully, I won't have to deal with comments from servers or certainly other guests. I just remind myself it is SO not anyone's business why someone is dining alone. However, since a solo trip has been in the back of my mind for a little while, on our trip last year, I did notice a woman eating lunch at Beaches and Cream at the counter next to us. She was nice and we just made light comments regarding the food, etc. And there was a woman eating solo at Narcoossees when we had dinner there. This was an early dinner around 5:00 p.m. She had a lovely window table. Personally, I prefer to eat a signature dinner early rather than later in the evening. But, I still need to make a couple of ADR's so that is still up in the air.

I have a solo trip planned for the end of August (first one). I don't think I'll be uncomfortable eating alone (I have the deluxe plan). Hopefully, I won't have to deal with comments from servers or certainly other guests.

Never anything rude, more like "What is such a sweet lady like you eating alone?" If only they knew . . . I'm anything but sweet. :p

Same here...did the Sunday Brunch...it was lovely.

Maybe even better service to boot.

I think Sunday brunch is the perfect meal to dine alone....but I have enjoyed other meals solo too.

You guys have all been great!! Thanks so much.... I live alone, travel alone and love to be alone!. haha .. My Sisters think I am crazy. LOL. I am never one to really get uncomfortable, and can always make small talk, but however I have been in a situation and was like ... WTH just happened?! I'm just minding my on business. haha. So I think I'll keep my ressie, it's somewhat early .. before MVMCP (which I'm going to alone!) This will be my first solo trip since my mom passed away (she and I always went together), so I am trying to do some of the things we were going to do on our next trip.

Enjoy reking
When I traveled a lot for business I got very used to dining alone. And you know, I don't mind it at all!

I do bring my iPad and do read in between people watching.

Condolences on the loss of your Mom. I have this trip brings the great memories back

"

Last year, I finally dined at CRT solo. I knew my DS would NEVER want to eat there so on my solo trip I did it. I am not big on Meet and Greets with characters - I just wanted to see the inside of the castle. I tried to explain this my server, but she wasn't having any of it and insisted I talk to all the princesses and have my picture taken. For the first time at Disney, I was extremely uncomfortable and felt out-of-place, especially trying to role play with the princesses. Apparently, CRT is not my cup of tea.

Exactly!!! You hit the nail on the head!! That is exactly what I am talking about. I was actually thinking about doing CRT again, bc I did enjoy the atmosphere but just want to watch what's going on, not be a participant. So thank you for sharing that experience. I'm glad I got to eat there already when I was with other family members. (I'll go with them to Disney at the same time, but not stay with them!!).

Another one I'd like to try is, 50's Prime Time Cafe ... but I just want to eat and be left alone. haha:rolleyes1:rotfl:

Enjoy reking
When I traveled a lot for business I got very used to dining alone. And you know, I don't mind it at all!

I do bring my iPad and do read in between people watching.

Condolences on the loss of your Mom. I have this trip brings the great memories back

Yep I travel for work too .. it's great. I just always miss my dog. haha
And thank you =) Some parts of the trip my be a little rough at times, but she'll be with me! :lovestrucShe was a HUGE Star Wars fan, which is where I get my love for the movies from, I just know she would love the latest announcements that came out. If she were alive, we would have been watching youtube videos and talking over and over again about the exciting changes coming to the parks!! :darth::chewy:

Exactly!!! You hit the nail on the head!! That is exactly what I am talking about. I was actually thinking about doing CRT again, bc I did enjoy the atmosphere but just want to watch what's going on, not be a participant. So thank you for sharing that experience. I'm glad I got to eat there already when I was with other family members. (I'll go with them to Disney at the same time, but not stay with them!!).

Another one I'd like to try is, 50's Prime Time Cafe ... but I just want to eat and be left alone. haha:rolleyes1:rotfl:

I've dome Prime Time alone once for lunch, after going there with others over the years, because I just wanted to eat the fried chicken- its so good! I happened to have a notebook and pen with me at the time- I think I was writing a Christmas list or something, and the server kept saying how "proud she was of me that I was doing my homework!" lol. She even told other tables to "not bother your cousin because he's doing his homework!" I'm kinda glad I brought that notebook- I would do the same thing at Narcoossee's, though I doubt your server would call it "homework!":)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter