• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Narcoosse-our favorite WDW eatery

marksmith

Mouseketeer
Wed-4/11-day 3

Really looked forward to our dinner at our favorite WDW restaurant. As we have mostly always stayed at the GF, we started with this eatery as a matter of convienence, but it has become our favorite even when not staying at the GF-well worth the trip.

This was our 5th time eating at Narcoosee and while a couple of our visits were not neccessarily the best meal on a given trip, we have always had very good and creative meals here. We often comment that one year Citricos is better and the next Narcoossee. As we had great meals at both last trip, we were excited that apparently the chef at Citricos is now at Narcoosee-the best of both worlds. With a relatively short trip, we could only pick one and entered for our7:00 ADR with some excitement.

Started with ceasar salad for DW and soup of the day for me-always love the soups here. I was really in the mood for a fish indiginous to the area and was disappointed that seemingly the menu contained only salmon and stuffed flounder. Landloving DD had a steak.

We ordered a bottle of Matanzas Creek Chard and both enjoyed our meals very much. DW had the almond cheese cake to wrap it up and it was delicious. I cant say this was a great meal as we have expierenced here before, as the sauce on my flounder was very pedestrian and it seemed while well prepared, the farm raised salmon pretty basic. Noneteless, a good meal and as always a return visit candidate for our next trip.

DD managed to walk us over to the snack bar so she could get a soft serve chocolate her favorite, which incidentally they do not have at the Poly. Love the castle view at night from here.

On our return launch to the Poly, we met Mr. Disney and K-Man, frequent contributors to this forum. They too had eaten at Narcoosee (cant wait to see their review), when I learned that in fact Grouper was on the menu, albeit in a very odd menu location(not listed with other entrees)-sounded like they loved it. A rookie mistake on my part, for not asking, but perhaps another reason to return in October.

great review - we love narcoosees - crabcakes, lobster, almond crusted cheesecake - went twice in september, plan to go back twice again this coming october - absolutely our favorite!

We'll be heading to Narcoossees for the very first time on our trip in November. I'm really looking forward to it and hoping that we can plan so we'll get a view of Wishes.

Thank you for the delicious reviews.:thumbsup2 I'm really looking forward to this treat in Dec.

Thanks for the review! Narcoossee's is our ultimate favorite! We can't wait to go back!!!:goodvibes

Mark, Great to read your review. The Grouper was great. It had an amazing sauce on it, and the mildly gamey fish was transformed into a gourmet meal. I had to force myself to slow down eating it.

Kudos to the Manager, Cindy. We had a wonderful first dining experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter