***MyMagic+ & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious, has anyone else come across this? Our Magic Bands customize date is coming up soon but my MDE app and the Disney Website are telling me two different dates. We check in on Oct 21st and the app tells me that we have till the 20th to customize while the web says the 21st. I know it's just one day but I'm so excited!! And it's right around the weekend so one day kinda makes a difference!! Anyone else see this?? I tend to trust the 21st date because that would be the month mark but one can hope right??? :)

Saw the same. The date on the MDE website is the correct one.

I have a quick question about old tickets. We were able to link our UT paper tickets and are all set up with FP+ and magicbands are being delivered today! :yay:. But we have a couple of old no expire passes that only have water park passes left. We are hoping to get to a water park one day this trip so I wasn't sure if I should link these tickets or just let them be and try and convert them separately?? I'll link them if it lets us skip a stop to convert them, but I don't want to mess up everything I've already got set up! Oh and if I link them, would it tell you how many visits are left or can that still only be done at guest relations? Thanks!

I don't believe it will identify the remaining entitlements, only the type of ticket.

You are probably best off not linking them and using them independently right now. There still appear to be things for Disney to work out with multiple linked tickets, etc.

I'm curious, has anyone else come across this? Our Magic Bands customize date is coming up soon but my MDE app and the Disney Website are telling me two different dates. We check in on Oct 21st and the app tells me that we have till the 20th to customize while the web says the 21st. I know it's just one day but I'm so excited!! And it's right around the weekend so one day kinda makes a difference!! Anyone else see this?? I tend to trust the 21st date because that would be the month mark but one can hope right??? :)

Ours did this too...the app said the 17th and the website said the 18th. I didn't check on the 17th but I did check yesterday afternoon and it said that they were being processed and I could no longer customize. I got the notice that the package was shipped at 5:19AM this morning and the tracking says they'll be delivered by 10:30AM (TN to PA). These things come fast!!!

I just rec'd a notice that we were selected to test fast pass+ (are most people selected now??) during our trip coming up in 3 weeks. I have not been keeping up with the info and, other than knowing the general concept, I've been pretty clueless. I've read many threads and I've read disney's site, but I'm still having trouble figuring out the actual steps to select the attractions. I am so sorry If this has been discussed extensively already here but I didn't see it.

I have set up the my experience account and I have the tickets and dining reservations linked. But whenever I click on the attractions, I only see where you can click on the heart to save it... Where do you actually link/ choose the fast passes? I'm seeing that some days they don't have any available so I'm not sure if that's why I can't see where I choose the options?
Thanks for any advice, I'm panicking with every hour that passes there will be less to choose from!

I haven't done this yet, since our trip isn't until December. But to make Fastpass reservations you don't go through the My Itinerary area, but there should be a link under "Plan and Manage" that says "Fastpass +". I believe that is where you make the reservations.

Maggie

I have a quick question about old tickets. We were able to link our UT paper tickets and are all set up with FP+ and magicbands are being delivered today! :yay:. But we have a couple of old no expire passes that only have water park passes left. We are hoping to get to a water park one day this trip so I wasn't sure if I should link these tickets or just let them be and try and convert them separately?? I'll link them if it lets us skip a stop to convert them, but I don't want to mess up everything I've already got set up! Oh and if I link them, would it tell you how many visits are left or can that still only be done at guest relations? Thanks![/QUOTE

I have almost the exact situation as you. I tried putting in my old passes that I know have water park (plus) days left on them and the notice said that had "already been converted"? I'm guessing we can just use the passes at the water parks.:confused3

I have a quick question about old tickets. We were able to link our UT paper tickets and are all set up with FP+ and magicbands are being delivered today! :yay:. But we have a couple of old no expire passes that only have water park passes left. We are hoping to get to a water park one day this trip so I wasn't sure if I should link these tickets or just let them be and try and convert them separately?? I'll link them if it lets us skip a stop to convert them, but I don't want to mess up everything I've already got set up! Oh and if I link them, would it tell you how many visits are left or can that still only be done at guest relations? Thanks![/QUOTE

I have almost the exact situation as you. I tried putting in my old passes that I know have water park (plus) days left on them and the notice said that had "already been converted"? I'm guessing we can just use the passes at the water parks.:confused3

Here's hoping! I think I'll just do as suggested and leave well enough alone! I want my FP+ more than I want them linked...haha! We'll get into the waterpark one way or another!

Just thought I'd update everyone. To date, we have received 9 different MBs, three express mail letters with the Magicband/Fastpass+ testing info/invite and 6 emails also inviting us to test MBs and customize them on the MDE website. We are only 2 people with one trip coming up in a few weeks (although we did split the reservation into 3 diff reservations about 2 weeks ago). That's when this flurry of stuff started happening. All the MBs have different ID#s inside them. All are associated with either me or my husband on the MDE website. And my PAP ticket # is still reversed with my son's (who isn't coming on this trip) in MDE.

Are you still getting a KTTW card along with the magic band? And I just noticed I can get the magic bands now and we are only a couple of weeks out do I still have time to customise and plan. Sorry it's probably in here but I can't read through 200+ pages

Just thought I'd update everyone. To date, we have received 9 different MBs, three express mail letters with the Magicband/Fastpass+ testing info/invite and 6 emails also inviting us to test MBs and customize them on the MDE website. We are only 2 people with one trip coming up in a few weeks (although we did split the reservation into 3 diff reservations about 2 weeks ago). That's when this flurry of stuff started happening. All the MBs have different ID#s inside them. All are associated with either me or my husband on the MDE website. And my PAP ticket # is still reversed with my son's (who isn't coming on this trip) in MDE.

I guess I don't understand why Disney can't flag an account as already being assigned an MB? What a waste of resources, time and money... I thought the general idea of the MB was that you would be provided one that would be used for future trips as well... I've seen quite a few reports of folks with split stays saying they are getting an MB for each hotel...

I don't see any value to this except for the fact that someone could accessorize the MB to their clothes because they have all the colors? :confused:

I guess I don't understand why Disney can't flag an account as already being assigned an MB? What a waste of resources, time and money... I thought the general idea of the MB was that you would be provided one that would be used for future trips as well... I've seen quite a few reports of folks with split stays saying they are getting an MB for each hotel...

I don't see any value to this except for the fact that someone could accessorize the MB to their clothes because they have all the colors? :confused:

It may be a side effect of how they are flagging accounts for eligibility. If this were rolled out, it might work differently.

At least they should have a "decline" option.

I have a quick question about old tickets. We were able to link our UT paper tickets and are all set up with FP+ and magicbands are being delivered today! :yay:. But we have a couple of old no expire passes that only have water park passes left. We are hoping to get to a water park one day this trip so I wasn't sure if I should link these tickets or just let them be and try and convert them separately?? I'll link them if it lets us skip a stop to convert them, but I don't want to mess up everything I've already got set up! Oh and if I link them, would it tell you how many visits are left or can that still only be done at guest relations? Thanks!

I'd hold on for sure. Apparently it's possible if you convert a paper ticket to a RFID ticket at a guest relations booth that the 'extra's will increase back to the maximum value if you have used any to date.

Also they will be able to tell you what is left on the pass at that time.

I'd hold on for sure. Apparently it's possible if you convert a paper ticket to a RFID ticket at a guest relations booth that the 'extra's will increase back to the maximum value if you have used any to date.

Also they will be able to tell you what is left on the pass at that time.

That would be crazy! It would take us years probably to use up the 10 visits but I can't say I'd complain! Thanks for the heads up!

I actually said to one of the CMs and IT expert that I thought I'd get one MB to use forever unless I lost it. They said absolutely not. You'd get a new one for every trip, presumably with a different ID#. Such a waste of time, shippîng, plastic. Such a complete disregard for the environment. Big swing & miss if this is how it is going to work.

I think those who do split stays, multiple stays within a short amount of time, etc. are very much in the minority. We hear a lot about it here because we are the power guests, we know all the tricks, we go more often, etc.

So although all these extra bands are wasteful, it isn't likely as big a problem as it appears. Plus they'll just roll the cost of the bands into the cost of the room.

These have a limited lifetime for the active transmitters in them (2-3 years), so this at least partially solves the problem of how do you know you need a replacement and how do you get one...

It does make me question the rumored replacement cost of $50...

Are you supposed to cut the bands off to size? If you do that do they have any problems with irritation where it was cut off?

Are you supposed to cut the bands off to size? If you do that do they have any problems with irritation where it was cut off?

No you aren't suppose to cut it to fit. If your wrist is small the outside of the band can come off to make the overall strap smaller.

I actually said to one of the CMs and IT expert that I thought I'd get one MB to use forever unless I lost it. They said absolutely not. You'd get a new one for every trip, presumably with a different ID#. Such a waste of time, shippîng, plastic. Such a complete disregard for the environment. Big swing & miss if this is how it is going to work.

I think those who do split stays, multiple stays within a short amount of time, etc. are very much in the minority. We hear a lot about it here because we are the power guests, we know all the tricks, we go more often, etc.

So although all these extra bands are wasteful, it isn't likely as big a problem as it appears. Plus they'll just roll the cost of the bands into the cost of the room.

These have a limited lifetime for the active transmitters in them (2-3 years), so this at least partially solves the problem of how do you know you need a replacement and how do you get one...

It does make me question the rumored replacement cost of $50...

doconeill beat me to it- exactly what i would have said. Basically without a removable battery how do you know until you get there and are angry it doesn't work that the battery is dead?

the $50 replacement is just because they can- like 10 cent text messages. This TINY company - sells basically 2 things that are similar to the bluetooth side of the device (assuming the long rang is bluetooth) https://www.sticknfind.com/ 2 for $50. that's with a replaceable battery which costs more. And also they aren't disney buying a few million a year. Disney is going to pay much less. The NFC part is probably under a buck each too since you can buy NFC stickers for retail at ~$1.

So at best they're only charging you double their cost- I'd bet it's way worse than that too.

The battery in my DHs MB died while we were there. The CMs replaced the band with one the same color as his customized band, blue. Of course this one didn't have his name on it.

To make band smaller, the instructions are on the inside of the box lid. I had to make mine smaller as I have very small wrists. The grey part just peels off & the color part is left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter