My very first dining review! 1/10/07 - 1/15/07 **PICTURES INCLUDED**

Yzerbear19

I'm beautifully tragic - Elphaba (Wicked)
This is going to be my very first dining review!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007
We arrived about 9:40ish and after getting the car, we left the airport after 10:00 am checked into POP first. Then we headed over to International Dr. to go to the Titanic Experience. Before we went to Titanic we went to the Olive Garden. I haven't been to the Olive Garden in a while, so it sounded good to me. We didn't have long to wait, though there was quite a few people eating at that time. Our server was really great. Very friendly and attentive. The food was good.

My sister ordered Chicken Parmigiana with spaghetti
100_1389.JPG

I ordered the five cheese stuffed rigatoni with chicken.
100_1386.JPG

We forgot to take the pictures of dessert until we had ate most of it! Oops!

My sister ordered Torta di Chocolate, which his described as "a warm double chocolate cake served with vanilla cream sauce and fresh strawberries." She said the strawberries were very, very good.
100_1394.JPG

I ordered the Lemon Creme Cake, which as always was very good.
100_1392.JPG

Overall, everything was really good.

That night for dinner we ate at Everything Pop. My sister had a hot dog and I had a single cheeseburger, each came with fries. The cheeseburger was good. I liked how they gave you the toppings to put on yourself. We had left the camera in the room, so we didn't get any pictures. :(

Thursday, January 11, 2007
This was our first day at the parks! Yeah! For breakfast we ate at Everything Pop, but again, had left the camera in the car. :( We both had a mini banana nut bread and shared a bowl of melon and grapes. It was all good. I liked the banana bread I think better than my sister. After that quick breakfast it was off to the Magic Kingdom!

For lunch we had decided on eating at Pinocchio Village Haus. While waiting in line to order, we discovered the people ahead of us in line were also from Michigan. We chatted with them while we were waiting for our food.

I ordered the Turkey Bacon Paninni, minus red peppers. It was good, but I thought they put a bit too much basil in it.
100_1717.JPG

My sister orderd the chicken fingers and fries:
100_1718.JPG

We enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. We picked the right time to eat because as we were eating a large tour group came in. So it was perfect timing.

After riding some more rides we went back to Pop to freshen up before dinner. We had 6:30 pm reservations at Liberty Tree Tavern. We arrived about 10-15 minutes ahead of our reservation. Since this was our first experience with an ADR we thought it better to be early than late. It was pretty busy that night. There were lots of people waiting. Time is ticking by and one by one everyone is getting seated. 6:30 comes around and we are still waiting. Another 10 minutes pass. Still waiting. At this point there is at least one two person table open that we can see. So far everyone who has gotten a table is a table of four or more. Another 10 minutes. We're getting a bit annoyed by this point since its 20 minutes past our reservation time and almost no two person tables have been seated, though there is a table sitting open and ready adn has been for the last 15 or so minutes. They finally called our name and lead us to the table that had been open. :\ Its almost 7:00 pm and we are really quite hungry. Our waiter was OK, but MIA for a good portion of the meal. It was quite busy and it seemed the waiters were bussing their own tables. The characters were great though! Pluto was the first character to stop by our table and he just erased all the annoyance we felt. Goofy, Chip, and Dale were also great! Minnie was the best though! :) She loved my sisters' shirt that had Minnie on it. She was also pleased when I complimented her home and its decor. :) Oh, yeah, dining review. Sorry to get off track. The food was good.

The first part of the meal was a salad of mixed greens with a strawberry vinigrate (sp?) dressing and some rolls. Both were good. I liked the strawberry vinigrate. Different than what I would normally eat, but very tasty.
Salad:
100_1854.JPG

Rolls:
100_1853.JPG

The main course of the meal. I apoligize for these pictures. I used my brother's camera for them and am not as familiar with his camera and didn't realize that his flash is a lot brighter than mine.

Macoroni and Cheese! Yum!
100_1861.jpg

Green Beans and Carrots:
100_1862.jpg

Potatoes and Gravy:
100_1864.jpg

Pork Loin and Stuffing:
100_1866.jpg

We had already ate the Turkey and roast beef when we remembered to take the pictures. We also didn't get a picture of the apple cobbler desert with ice cream, which was really good. Probably my favorite part of the meal.

The turkey and roast beef were good, but not great. I enjoyed the macaroni and cheese. The potatoes and gravy were also good, but I wouldn't say great. Overall it was a good meal, but we weren't very impressed with the service there. The characters were great though! I don't think we would eat there for dinner again though.

Friday, January 12, 2007
We ate breakfast at Everything Pop, but no camera again. :( I had one of the Pop Waffles, which was good. I think my sister had the french toast, but I can't really remember right now.

We went to Animal Kingdom in the morning. For lunch we ate at the Flame Tree BBQ.

100_1827.jpg

I had read on the board here a while ago that there was a funky smell near there and would have to agree. You could smell it when you were waiting in the line, but you couldn't smell it by the eating area.

My sister and I both ordered the half roasted chicken. I had wanted coleslaw with mine instead of beans. They gave me beans and coleslaw. My sister didn't want her corn, so I gave her my beans for her corn. The chicken was very, very good. Almost as good as the BBQ place I love near my home. The coleslaw was OK. The corn was good. My sister didn't like the beans, but agreed that chicken was really good.

100_1830.jpg

100_1831.jpg

After Animal Kingdom we headed over to Epcot. We had 6:30 dinner reservations at the Biergarten. We ended up checking in for our reservation about 5 minutes early and only had to wait about 10 minutes. Much happier with the service there already! I thought I had pictures of the food, but I can't find any. We did take some pictures of the show though.

100_1916.JPG

100_1917.JPG

The chicken was so moist and delicious! We both loved the carrots! I didn't care for the roasted potatoes. There was so much to choose from. My sister and I are pretty picky and simple eaters, if you can't tell. We don't like a lot of exotic stuff. And we were able to find a lot of food at the Biergarten that we liked. I think it helps that it was similar to what we eat at home. I knew while we were there that my parents would have loved it. I didn't care for the Black Forest Cake, but did enjoy the Cheesecake! Yum!

OK, that is all for this post!

Saturday, January 13, 2007

We had purchased a box of donut holes from Everything Pop the night before and ate a few of those before heading out to MGM Studios. We actually managed to make it there for the extra magic hours. We rode everything we wanted to before lunch. We had already decided to eat at Toy Story Pizza Planet because we love the Toy Story movies.

I ordered the Buzz deal (cheese pizza and garden salad) and a Sprite:

100_1953.JPG

My sister ordered the Woody deal (pepporoni pizza and garden salad) and a Coke:

100_1954.JPG

The pizza and salads were good, but the drinks were NASTY! They were completely FLAT! My sister's was OK to drink, but the Sprite was just absolutely gross. I took it back and got a Coke. This one was also FLAT! Very annoyed I decided to finish my lunch before it got cold. After I finished I went back down with the disgusting drink again, but this time determined to get my money back. I guess they were having a problem with their CO2 tube. I spoke to the manager and explained what had happened and asked to get my money back. She agreed and was very apologetic. She felt really bad and ended up giving us our money back for both drinks and two bottles of water. This made me happy and willing to go back.

For dinner we had reservations at Nine Dragons for 6:30 pm. Since we had finished early at MGM we headed to Epcot early. We walked around World Showcase and by 4:30ish were getting hungry and decided to go to dinner early. There was almost no one at the restaurant. We were seated right away. This was my sister's favorite place from her last trip in 2005.

To start off with she ordered the Shrimp spring rolls:

100_2046.JPG

We both then ordered the Honey Sesame Chicken:

100_2047.JPG

It was very good! Very sweet. Its different from what I normally get when I get Chinese, but I actually liked it. I normally order the same thing each and every time and am hesitant to order something new. I was pleased with this dish. Our waiter was good and very attentive.

The next day will be my sister's birthday. :)

Sunday, January 14, 2007: My Sister's Birthday

To start the morning off we had reservations at Chef Mickey's.; We had asked at the front desk what would be the best way to get there and decided to drive and park at the Transportation Center then take the monorail to the Contemporary. Since it was like 7:30 when we parked at the Transporation Center we had an awesome front row spot! :banana: The ride on the monorail was longer than we thought and we were almost late for our reservation. While on the monorail my sister overhead another passenger make a snide comment about our t-shirts and celebrating her birthday at Disney. This kind of upset her, but the breakfast at Chef Mickey's erased that. When we got there I remembered to tell them at the podium that it was her birthday. We didn't have to wait long for a table and they brought her the signed placemat. Once we ordered our drinks it was time to go up to the buffet! Pancakes, Waffles, Bacon, oh my! There was so much food I didn't know where to start!!! Everything looked soooooooo good.

I tried some fruit, banana pudding with vanilla wafers in it, Mickey waffles, pancakes, bacon, hash brown, mini blueberry muffin, and a mini cherry muffin. Everything was sooooo good.

100_2114_0001.JPG

My sister tried some of the eggs, Mickey waffles, pancakes, bacon, and sausage.

100_2117_0001.JPG

I will say that my favorite part were the mini Cherry muffins. Those were really good. I loved the Mickey waffles also, though I had thought they would be bigger. There was a lot on the buffet that I didn't get to try because I was full already. The character interaction was great. It was fun and festive when they played the celebration song. Though I think there is some sort of technique to waving the napkin that I have never mastered! :lmao:

Before we finished they brought out a cupcake for my sister for her birthday:

100_2122_0001.JPG

After breakfast we went back to the transportation center and I put her placemat and the photos we purchased in the car so they wouldn't get ruined. I was glad we drove. We then went on to the Magic Kingdom. We didn't ride much in the morning because we were trying to get autographs, though we rode a couple of things.

We had 1:45 reservations for Tony's Town Square. This ended up being perfect. We again were seated right away. We were led to this nice little table in the corner covered with Mickey confetti and a pretty streamer.

We ordered some breadsticks and sauce to start off with, though we forgot to take the picture until there was only one left.

100_2210.JPG

For the main course I ordered the Pizza Bianca, which is a six cheese pizza without sauce. Very good! It was a lot bigger than I thought it would be also. I couldn't even finish it. Very, very good though.

100_2212.JPG

My sister ordered the Chicken Parmigiana hero. It came with a salad. She really liked it. I don't think she tried the salad though because she was full from the sandwich.

100_2214.JPG

After our main course our waitress brought out this large chocolate sundae with everything on it. This made my sister really happy, though she wouldn't let me try any! Boo! Though I did manage to steal a bite or two! :)

100_2215.JPG

By the time we were done it was almost 3:00 pm and time for the parade to start. I went out to go find a place to watch the parade while she finished her sundae. She joined me probably at 3:05. We then watched the parade which was really cool.

After the parade we went back to our room to go change for dinner. Since we had such a sweet parking spot we took the bus back to Pop. We changed and freshened up before heading back to the Magic Kingdom for dinner. We rode a couple of rides before going to dinner. We had to wait a while because I guess their computers had gone down or something, but it wasn't too long. Again they decorated our table with confetti and a streamer. Right as we were sitting down, Tigger was at our table. We quickly had to get out the autograph books and camera.

The buffet was so good! There were so many choices! My sister and I are both turkey fiends! Love, love, love turkey. So we were excited that there was turkey on the buffet! I will say that the turkey at CP was better than at the Liberty Tree. The macaroni and cheese as always was good. The garlic mashed potatoes were also good. I tried those and normally woulnd't, but found them to be quite good.

My sister's plate:

100_2117.JPG

My plate:

100_2116.JPG

The chicken was OK, but I thought it was better at the Biergarten. The rolls were good, though I wish they wouldn't put the butter on ice because its too hard to spread on the rolls. Though I did find that if you put the butter in your pocket for a few minutes it helped to soften it.

After I finished my first plate I decided to go up and get some more turkey. I saw that Eeyore, who is my sister's favorite character had made his way to our room, but he was all the way across the room. I decided that I could probably run up, get some turkey, and come back before he made it to our table. While up at the buffet I decided to get some prime rib, and since I have this thing against my food MOOOing, I asked to have it cooked medium well. I get back to the table and my sister is pouting. I asked what was wrong. It turns out Eeyore made it to our table, but didn't stop because I wasn't there. :( When the waitress came back around we asked her if Eeyore would come back. She said no, he had to make his way back. :( My sister is sad and blames me. So we continue to eat and the other characters stop by. Eeyore makes his way back to our room. Our waitress asked if we wanted her wait to bring out the cake until Eeyore was at the table, which we thought sounded perfect. So Eeyore finally gets to our table. We get his autograph and lots of photos then the waitress brings out one of the frozen cakes. I explained to her that I had ordered a custom cake. So she asks Eeyore if he would stay there for a moment, which he agrees to, though he visits the table next to ours. Our waitress comes back out with the right cake and Eeyore is there clapping and cheering. Very memorable moment. :) Props to our waitress!

BDayCake.jpg

The cake was beautiful! It turned out better than I had imagined. My sister loved it! The cake was very tasty! Our waitress boxed it up and we left it at CP until 11:00 so that we could go ride a few more rides. It ended up being a wonderful evening. My sister had a fantastic birthday!

Monday, January 15, 2007

After some wonderful fun filled days at Disney we headed over to Universal. For lunch we had decided on eating at Bubba Gump's Shrimp Co. We love the one in Chicago and were excited to hear that they had opened one in Orlando. Our waiter had actually transferred down from the Chicago location. We actually got the trivia right this time, though it was pretty simple, we were prepared for harder questions.

I ordered what I normally get: a cheeseburger. You are probably scratching your head right now. We are eating at a shrimp restaurant and I order a cheeseburger. Well, I don't like shrimp. My sister loves it, but I hate it. We go because she likes it. If we go to someplace she likes, then I can use it as leverage to go somewhere I like! ;)

Anyways, here is my cheeseburger and fries:

100_2545.jpg

Good as usual. I like how they give you the 1,000 Island dressing. Yum! The fries and coleslaw were good also.

My sister ordered fried shrimp:

100_2547.jpg

She said that they were very good and I'll take her word for it. :)

For dinner we had decided to order a pizza in while we packed. We ordered a plain cheese pizza and it was OK. The cheese needed to be cooked more. It was a bit pricey for what we got and I don't know if I would order one again. If I did, I would ask that they cook the cheese until its a nice golden color. I will have to find a picture of this later.

Here is the pizza we ordered from the hotel:

100_2651.jpg

We left early the next day. For breakfast we ate birthday cake! :) And had lunch at the Detroit airport while waiting for our brother to come pick us up. We wanted to eat at Charley's, but that was all the way at the other end of the terminal so we opted for Quiznos instead. Expensive, but quite good.

OK. That concludes my first ever dining review. We enjoyed all of the food we had at WDW and elsewhere. We left Orlando feeling full of good food. I can't wait to go back to WDW in the future to eat more yummy, delicious food. :)

Sunday, January 14, 2007: My Sister's Birthday

My plate:

100_2116.JPG

I hope that wasn't all you ate LOL. If so, they made a lot of money off of you based on the $25.99 price.

Thank you for your reviews and pictures. They are wonderful!

Also, I hope your sister didn't take to heart the snide comment about your birthday tshirts . I can not think of a better way to celebrate a birthday - I wish I could spend my birthday at Disney World every year.:thumbsup2

Thanks for the greata reviews...would love to hear more about Bubba Gumps since we are also planning on eating there

i am looking at my list of restaurants and i can't bubba gumps. can someone please tell me where it is. Thanks

i am looking at my list of restaurants and i can't bubba gumps. can someone please tell me where it is. Thanks
Bubba Gump's is at Universal in City Walk. When you are walking from the parking lot to the parks, its on the left side before you branch off towards Islands of Adventure or Universal Studios.

I really enjoy Bubba Gump's for a theme restaurant. To me, the Hard Rock and Rainforest Cafe are very overpriced for what you get. I also like the atmosphere of Bubba Gump's vs. Hard Rock, etc. Each time that we've gone it has been a pleasant experience. I like that the Orlando one has some large windows that they can open up to allow a nice breeze through. The food is excellent. I can't speak for the shrimp since I don't like shrimp, but the fries, coleslaw, and cheesburgers are very good. I've always gotten my cheesburger cooked just the way I like it. I don't like my food mooing at me or to be over-cooked. Each time we've gone my sister has ordered different shrimp and enjoyed it. I will have to find the picture at home of her shrimp from Chicago because it was a platter of 3 different kinds of shrimp, each with its own sauce. It also came with coleslaw, fries, and hushpuppies that have shrimp in them. It was a bit pricey and I told her if she ordered it, I wasn't going to help her eat it, but she managed to eat most of it on her own. Bubba Gump's though is our favorite restaurant in Chicago and we make sure we stop whenever we're there. I was very pleased with the one in Orlando. :) If you are going to Universal, check it out. The food is excellent and the atmosphere is fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter