My Trip To WDW December 2014....

Capwkidd

Mouseketeer
I flew out to MCO Friday the 4th and stayed at Cabana Bay for the party @ Universal Saturday night. Used Uber to get from MCO to Cabana Bay. I really liked Cabana Bay, I had the suite (and the food was much better than Pop Century). Only ended up going to the parks on Sunday and Monday, as Saturday was the only day I could get to EPCoT to see Captain EO before it closed, so I made a day of it (besides, I try to be on Disney property for Walt's birthday, December 5th), but had to get back to Universal for the Saturday night party (used Uber both ways). I had not been to Universal since 2006 or 2007, almost nothing was familiar to be, expect the Hard Rock Cafe and Poseidon. I had burgers at the Grill & Brew and at Cowfish (the Grill & Brew was better), and ate at Vivo, but the chicken was dry, but the pasta, sauce, and pees where good. I really enjoyed Gringotts (rode it 3x during the party, and 1 time on Sunday or Monday), and I really liked Forbidden Journey (rode it 4x in a row, 3x through single rider, which was like 5 minute wait each time, then took the normal path to see all the paintings, etc), what a crazy and very complicated ride! Robot arms on tracks, parabolic screens, whopping willows, crazy!

Used Uber again to get to Pop Century, had room issues, but got a free upgrade to a Deluxe hotel. Generally enjoyed my time at WDW, but I was tired from my weekend at Universal, the trip started off bad, because I really did not sleep the night before I flew out. But some surprising little things happened during the Disney part of my trip, I missed out on at least 1 fast pass time, because it took well over an hour to finally be seated at Primetime (one of my favorite places to eat at WDW (meat loaf, extra mash, no green beans)). The girl at Primetime told me the AVERAGE time people sit at Primetime is 1 hour!. I went up to the FP keyosk, and the castmember gave me a paper FP for ToT. When I got off of ToT, there was no picture, the girl behind the counter said to go back on through the FP line, and just tell them what happened. So, I went on a 2nd time through the FP line, and this time the picture worked (went on the opposite side, since 1 elevators camera was not working). So that was nice. I did not get to see the carousel of progress, as it was always closed when I went by. When I left, MCO had a huge line for the TSA, I almost missed my flight home. When I got back to LAX my friend that picked me up said "Want to go to Disneyland?". Ha! I had been wanting to do that for some time, get back from WDW and visit DLR, in the same day. Since I had some rest on the plane, I was up for it. Went to DLR, hit a couple of rides, got some snacks, a little shopping, and left after midnight, then went to Swingers Cafe for dinner.

It was nice to be able to "compare" the feeling I had being at WDW with being at DLR in the same day. WDW still feels foreign to me, DLR feels like home... which makes sense, it's the one here in CA. I just wish WDW could have been in a better place.... Like SoCal ;)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter