My tips!

Laura66

DIS Veteran
OK, I'm new here - not sure if this is even the right place to put this - but here are my fav's

If I'm going longer than 4 days I'll pack a pump soap for the bathroom sink. I don't buy a name brand one - just some cheap one from Marks. I just hate icky, gooey soap film all over the sink.

I also take Dixie cups - 'cause I hate the taste of those glasses - and I'm never sure how clean they are

Moleskin - I know others have mentioned it - just a great tip - worth repeating

Night lights - 'cause sometimes leaving the bathroom light on is just too much - or when someone uses the bathroom at night and turns it off I tend to trip over everything if I get out of bed

One of those collapsable mesh baskets for putting dirty clothes in. Use it much like a hamper in a corner. If I do laundry at the resort it's a good laundry carrier as well.

Those are the ones I can think of now - but I love getting new ideas from everyone here!

I really like the collaspable mesh bag idea. Ususally we just have a big pile in the corner. Thanks!!!

I second the pump hand soap. Bar soap leaves a film on my hands which 'gooks' up my contacts when I clean them. I also take bottled water to rinse them with (I have gas perms) as hotels add softener to their water and that also 'gooks' up my contacts. Took a long time for me to realize why I couldn't see while on vacation! :3dglasses

Laura66-

Those are some great ideas. Thank you for posting them. princess:

spray airfreshener (for room and/or bathroom) and always an extension cord

couple of clothes pins (hold drapes shut, hang wet sink washed clothes)
sewing kit
woolite or other clothes detergent
band aids
plastic bags
ziploc bags
extra contact lenses/glasses
medications
static guard

Don't forget lots of snacks and heavy duty zip-lock bags. Take big bags of pretzels, cheezies, chips, and trail-mix. But a bit in zip-lock bags everyday to take to the parks! It really works!

dolphindan1 said:
ok..I will ask...What is moleskin?...I keep thinking band-aids
Moleskin is kind of like skin colored felt which you cut and stick on any foot 'hotspots'. It's more durable than felt and really helps with blisters. It's a tip I got from this board and have had to use it several times...and it works!

You can find moleskin with the Dr Scholl footcare products (hanging display). Look for the 'bunion' pads,and the moleskin can't be far away. In fact, moleskin looks like a big sheet of the bunion pad stuff, without the hole cut out.

Try it, it really does help. Just don't forget your scissors.

newprince said:
I am from canada and was wondering where you buy the mole skin.

Thanks

drug stores will have them. They'll be in the foot section.

Maybe a stupid question, but

I've taken the moleskin and had problems getting it to stay put. Is there a trick that you have? How big of a piece should you cut for a blister on your little toe, for example. Can you put tape over it to keep it in place or is it too bulky? Somewhere I've read said to use Duck Tape--that that is what dancers use? What do you think? Were they pulling my leg? ;)

Love the clothes pins idea. I'm going to write that down now.

We take Woolite, too, to wash out our swimsuits. We take a big, empty bowl, too--for washing out swimsuits, etc, without taking up the sink....plus, I may be weird, but I didn't want to wash my kids' (or my own) swimsuits where strangers have spit after brushing their teeth. The bowl can also be set under drying clothes to catch the drips, so that the shower is free.
(We drive, so we can carry a lot of stuff :rolleyes: )

Thanks for the good tips!

clothespins
pop-up hamper
lots of ziploc bags in different sizes
pre-printed address labels to put on postcards--I print the addresses ahead of time and that makes sending postcards much easier.
small Dixie cups for serving snacks (the MICKEY ones of course)
small box of Tide--I found in Target in sample section
extra suitcase for all the stuff we buy on the trip

I take the mesh landry basket also. But my favorite is the over the door shoe
holder. We put alot of things in each of the holders and it keeps them off the bathroom counter, table etc. Things like, toothbrushes and paste, extra batteries, walkie talkies, make up, deodorant...etc....I like to fully unpack I hate to live out of suitcases.

Spenco Blister kit (complete kit for blister care -11 pads/kit)
Night Lights
Tylenol
motion sickness medicines(last time my husband got sick in Mission Space could not find motion sickness pill in the resorts)
peptobismol

We drive as well so I pretty much bring whatever I think I might need.

I always end up washing clothes while we are there, esp. on our summer trips, so I fill up an empty plastic 20 oz. coke bottle with detergent and carry it in my toiletry bag. Works great, don't have to buy anything extra, and when I am through with it I throw it away (I have given some to others washing their clothes who didn't have detergent).

I like to pack the girls outfits in ziplocs. I pack shorts, shirts, undies, socks, hairbow, everything that goes with that outfit, so if I am in the shower their dad or Mam can grab a bag and be done with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter