My PTR: WDW and a Conference, How will this work?

spurk5532

Mouseketeer
Well I am new to the DIS and this is my first thread, but you have to jump in somewhere.

My name is Kirstin I am 29 and I found the extreme Disney love in 2004. Wow that just sounded like I was at a Disney World Anonymous meeting. ha ha. If you look at my siggy you can see that I have only been to Disneyland 3 times and this will be my third trip to WDW.

My first trip to WDW was for my honeymoon. This was probably the best trip I have ever had in my entire life. At that point both DH and I fell in love with the parks and looked forward to the day we would be taking our children there. Once DS was born all we could think of was his first trip.

DH passed away when DS was only 9 months old and I knew immediately that I had to get DS to the parks for a celebration of life trip. So last December my parents and I took my DS to WDW over DHs birthday. It was another perfect trip. It was so wonderful to be in the parks over his birthday and remember what an amazing Dad and husband he was.

I knew I would be wanting to return soon. DS was almost 2 at the time and I couldn't wait to take him back when he could experience it a little more. I had no clue it would only be a year later.

Turns out there just happened to be a conference for my job happening at CSR this December. I couldn't pass up the opportunity for another family trip and this one falls on DHs birthday too. I am pretty sure this will now be an annual tradition and a way for us to celebrate DH each year on his birthday.

I am hoping different people will be able to join us each time and hopefully I will be able to eventually take my nieces and nephews with me.

This trip my friend and her son will be tagging along. Not only will they be great company but my friend will also serve as a babysitter while I am in workshops (well that is if I actually end up in any of them)

Well normally at this point I would post some pics of those going on the trip but I don't have 10 posts yet, I know this is sad :(. As soon as I get to 10 I will post some pics.

To Be Continued....

At this point in the planning I usually have read numerous Disney planning books, checked out the schedules at the parks and mapped out my schedule for the trip. I have been so busy with regular life though I haven't done any of this. I have started to feel some anxiety about all of this too especially since I will be spending some of my time at a conference.

In 2005 when I went to Disneyland it also was for a conference. At the time I didn't expect to feel so torn between the conference and Disneyland but turns out I ended up ditching out on a lot of it and heading to the park with my friends. I have a feeling that might happen again. At least this time the conference is only half days and only 3 days out of the 7 day trip.

The conference is taking place at CSR. Originally I figured I would just stay there out of convenience but plans changed. I actually was kind of nervous to stay there considering CSR is the resort my husband and I stayed at for our honeymoon. I figured it would be okay but was still a little worried.

I have stayed at a moderate level hotel every time I have visited and figured that is what I would stay at for the rest of my life. Mainly because I didn't think that I would ever be able to afford a Luxury hotel and didn't really have an interest in staying at an economy.

Well instead of booking my room through the conference I called Disney instead and turns out I was able to afford Animal Kingdom Lodge. I am so super excited to be staying there. Originally dh and I were going to stay there for our honeymoon but decided we wanted to save a little bit of money and changed it at the last minute.

I am hoping the bus commute to Coronado Springs isn't too bad in the morning. I believe I can just take a bus to Animal Kingdom and then a bus to CSR. I am happy that the two resorts are close to each other though.

Well I guess I will go for now but as soon as I begin to figure out my schedule I will be back with some more updates.

So sorry to hear about the loss of your husband, but what a wonderful way to remember him! :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!:) I have been to WDW for conferences as well, so I know all about the pull of the parks while you are there. Ironically, though, the only session I have ever skipped out on was an ethics session.:laughing:

So sorry to hear about the loss of your husband, but what a wonderful way to remember him! :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!:) I have been to WDW for conferences as well, so I know all about the pull of the parks while you are there. Ironically, though, the only session I have ever skipped out on was an ethics session.:laughing:

that is too funny that you skipped out on an ethics session. Most days are only half days but there is one that is longer that I may either start late or end early. We will see.

Well I just briefly looked through the Disney schedule online. I had planned my trip based on the online schedule last time and when I ended up at the parks almost all the times and shows were different. It didn't really mess me up I just had to adjust things. I know this might happen again but oh well. So far this is what the schedule looks like. Because my ds is only 2 we definitely need nap time everyday. On the days we will be staying later for EMHs I have added an extra hour to nap/rest time. My ds will almost be three and does pretty well staying up later so I am not too worried. He did amazing on our trip last year with 2 hour naps each day.

Tuesday
Arrive in Orlando around 10:30pm
Check in to AKL
Go to sleep after a long day of traveling and a busy week ahead

Wednesday
9am Rope Drop at MK
1pm back to AKL for nap/rest time
2pm check-in for conference
3pm Head to Animal Kingdom
6pm Leave friend and kiddos at AK and head to CSR for the beginning of conference
9pm back at AKL

Thursday
7am head to CSR for conference
(The morning will be free for my friend and kiddos to decide where they want to go.)
1-3 nap/rest time for kids
1:30 Tour of Disney's Youth Education Series (Y.E.S.) Program
3pm Meet Everyone at hotel and head to HS
6:30 Fantasmic
9pm Back at AKL

Friday
Sleep in Day
9am Head to CSR for conference
(My friend and kiddos will sleep in and then head to Epcot when they wake up)
1-4pm nap/rest time for kids
5pm Meet everyone at Epcot
9pm Illuminations
9-? EMHs at Epcot

Saturday
9am MK Rope Drop
1-3pm nap/rest time for kids
9pm Spectromagic
10pm Wishes

Sunday
9am Hollywood Studios Rope Drop
8pm-? EMH at HS

Monday
(DHs Birthday)
Sleep in Day
Whenever we wake up head to Magic Kingdom
4pm back to Magic Kindgom
10-? EMH at MK

Tuesday
Super early morning
7:40 Character Breakfast at Chef Mickey's
Back to Hotel to rest after Breakfast
Hang out at the pool
3pm Head to MCO to head home after an amazing week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter