My March 2009 DDE Dining Report w/pics, updated 6/9 pg15

Sorry you were a little disappointed in Tutto. That eggplant does look good and I don't even like eggplant! :rotfl: And thanks for the flower and garden pic of lady and the tramp... they're my favorite! :goodvibes

it's ok, the eggplant made up for it!

That eggplant looks really good!:thumbsup2

yup yup, really good!

Dang we didnt get olives with our lunch at Tutto and my DD and I both love them . ;) Your eggplant looked amazing though. :goodvibes

ooh, maybe next time you could ask? i would have surely given mine to you :grouphug:

Hi! Just wanted to say I love love love your dining reports :) It looks like you have a great time on trips to WDW, even when you travel solo! I especially like the pics and reviews of drinks around the world (both EPCOT and WDW in general). That's my kind of vacation!

thanks so much! i do very much enjoy myself, i've never had a bad time! i don't think it's possible, lol! especially since i drink a bit too ;)

I'm all caught up now!! I love your reviews girl.

awesome, thanks!

I haven't been to the restaurant at the Italian pavillion since they closed Alfredos (which I loved). The eggplant dish looks fantastic. Actually it looks alot like an eggplant dish I had recently at the Alfredos in NYC. It was fantastic too.

ooh, sounds good. i live real close to nyc, but i've never been to that alfredos. maybe i'll have to check it out :thumbsup2

Yep that watermelon soda is yum!

So have a PTR going for the June trip yet?

I also wanted to ask you, I am trying to start a DIS meet in NYC sometime maybe in June, would you be interested?

nah, no pre trip. i have a hard enough time finding time to work on this report! oh and yes, when in june would that meet be? my work schedule is kinda crazy right now, and i'll be in disney june 11-15, but let me know!

Sounds Great!

thanks, sure was!

thanks for your great reviews......you made me laugh about the Beverly drink at the coke place....I remember my first taste (a dear elderly lady) told me to try it because it was sooooo good........I almost spit it out like YUCK>>>>>...thanks for the memories....
We are ready for our vacation to the HOuse of the Mouse.......thanks again for getting me in the mood

haha, so funny! that's what i told my mom and my brothers! hysterical! :lmao:

Love the Beverly face! I do that every time I go. I remember that it tastes bad but HOW BAD? I don't remember. Soo then I try it and it's gross LOL!

ha, that's awesome! i have no desire to try it again, but when i bring my friend w/me in june, i'm surely gonna get him to try it!

Man...I have got to try me one of those Lapus....heavenly pineapple...yummy. Great reviews as always!

mmm yes, pineapple i do love it! and thanks!

I Need to check out club cool!

it's a nice place to cool off if it's hot out, and to get some interesting sodas for sure

Subscribing.
Great report so far.

thanks and welcome aboard!

OMG I love the "Beverly face!" I'm looking forward to having it in September. Or ... Am I??? :rotfl:

Anywhoo, I appreciate your reviews. They're very honest and not whitewashed.

Oh ... And, I don't know if you remember me or not, but I remember you! We were in a Photopass share together. I didn't get my CD, and you were so sweet to send me my pics from your disc. I still can't thank you enough for that! :flower3:

(Oh, and that May trip was supposed to be our "one and only" trip to WDW, but we had a trip in Nov and have two more scheduled for this year! :banana: We've definitely been bitten! I'd love to try a solo trip sometime, though ...)

yes i do remember you! i was glad to help! that's great that you're scheduling more trips. i know, it's hard to stop once you start! i just love it and can't get enough :love:

:thumbsup2Marsha- Great reviews!!!

Both my DH and I read your reports and love them! Thank you!

awesome, glad you enjoy!

Marsha! I have to catch up..I love your reviews..especially your drink reviews:goodvibes

thanks so much! hope you like what you see (booze and food, lol) :rotfl2:

Tune In Lounge, alcohol & dinner, 3.9.09

After my short trip to Epcot, I went back to the hotel to take a nap. Before going to sleep though, I decided to call and make an ADR for the 50's Prime Time Cafe, since Richard had told me he would be working. Well, anyway, I stopped by the Tune In Lounge when I got to the park at about 5pm, and found out that Richard was gone for the day! Bummer! So how to cheer myself up? Well, Dave made me a Picnic Punch to go
pic019.jpg

With drink in hand, I went to go do some rides. Did Tower of Terror a few times, using FP, and also rode Rockinroller Coaster using single riders line of course.

Then I stopped back in and had Dave make me a Long Beach to go. Because I wanted to go on Star Tours.
pic025.jpg

Oh so I got to the ride, and I knew I couldn't bring my drink on with me, so I used the old dump it in the mug trick. Worked like a charm :thumbsup2

Did some more rides, took some pics, then made my way back to the bar to eat. When I arrived, I met Kathy, who I knew from my trip in August with my family. And so I hung out with her. Oh of course I ordered a drink. Picnic Punch, please Dave!
pic038.jpg

And Kathy took a pic of me with my drink
pic039.jpg

And then Kathy convinced me to order the Fried Chicken. I don't like fried food, but figured I'd just pull off the breading, which worked out great. (a couple different angles)
pic040.jpg

pic041.jpg

Oh man, this was so so good! The chicken was perfectly cooked, nice and juicy. I only managed to eat most of the breast, as I don't like dark meat anyway. And the mashed potatoes were excellent, as were the greens. Yum yum yum!

Kathy and I hung out for a while, and I got another drink. Another Picnic Punch. Yup, love those things!
pic042.jpg

And since Kathy had driven herself to the park, she offered to drive me back to Pop so I didn't have to wait on a bus. Awesome! She really rocks! Love her :love:

Yup yup, so it ended up working out fine even though I didn't eat at the restaurant, but the bar instead. More quality time with some great people, can't complain about that!

next up: snack @Min & Bill's, more Tune In

And here's me, all "dressed up", or as dressed up as I get! I bring this skirt with me and carry it in my bag and change before my dinners that require it. Ha, I'm so not a dress up person, but for good food, I can be persuaded.
I do the same thing. I also don't dress up, and I can't even remember the last time I wore a dress, (it may have been to a wedding in 2005,) but I will get dressed up for good food. ;)

Let's see a Picnic Punch, followed by a Long Beach, followed by another Picnic Punch, followed by yet another Picnic Punch....that's my girl!:rotfl2:

Good booze and good friends, doesn't get much better than that!:goodvibes

Woman how do you make friends with all of these Disney workers? I need some quality bartender friends to make me drinks to-go! Jeez! I went to Tune In Lounge this summer but I don't remember what I had! Your drink looks delish though!

How nice that you have WDW CM friends that you can visit with during your trip. That must make it extra magical! Keep the updates coming!! popcorn::

PS- still haven't tried Tune In Lounge. It's a must-do for next time!

I do the same thing. I also don't dress up, and I can't even remember the last time I wore a dress, (it may have been to a wedding in 2005,) but I will get dressed up for good food. ;)

awesome, glad to hear we're on the same page :thumbsup2

Let's see a Picnic Punch, followed by a Long Beach, followed by another Picnic Punch, followed by yet another Picnic Punch....that's my girl!:rotfl2:

Good booze and good friends, doesn't get much better than that!:goodvibes

haha, i try, i try :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Woman how do you make friends with all of these Disney workers? I need some quality bartender friends to make me drinks to-go! Jeez! I went to Tune In Lounge this summer but I don't remember what I had! Your drink looks delish though!

i actually don't know that many. just dave at the tune in and richard at the 50's prime time. really, we just had a blast the first time we went to the 50's and richard was our waiter, that we kept in touch. and well, i spend enough time at the tune in lounge that dave began to recognize me :). good times, i tell ya :)

Where is this Tune In Lounge?

it's the bar that attached to the 50's prime time cafe in mgm. right next to that other restaurant, the buffet one. kinda funny, but since they're attached, you can hear the music from the lunch there when you're in for a drink. from the characters over there. you learn to tune it out though ;)

How nice that you have WDW CM friends that you can visit with during your trip. That must make it extra magical! Keep the updates coming!! popcorn::

PS- still haven't tried Tune In Lounge. It's a must-do for next time!

yeah, they make me feel like i'm not alone, so it's nice when i take a solo trip to have people to visit. please do try the tune in, it's so much fun!

as for now, i can't do an update. i'm sitting on my couch, and i don't have my mouse/mousepad. see, i had surgery on friday (very minor, no worries!) but still, i'm not at a table, and i'm not so good using the touchpad thingy for inserting pics. but i'll be back hopefully on wed with an update. that's my next day off.

thanks guys for hanging with me! i keep getting little infos from disney about my upcoming trip in june, and i'm getting very very excited! POFQ here i come! and one of my bffs is coming with me, aaron! aw yeah!

Min and Bill's Dockside Diner, snack, 3.10.09

So this morning, I decided to stop for a snack after hitting a bunch of rides. Before I went into the American Idol Experience at 11am, I decided I would get a Cinnamon Apple Pretzel from Min and Bill's. I had heard good things about them, so figured I'd give it a try.
pic013.jpg

and a view of the inside after a bite
pic014.jpg

Pretty good. The pretzel itself was a bit dry, the filling helped it a bit. It was like the inside of one of those commercially made apple pie thingys. Like not a real apple pie, but they call them pies...some company makes them. Yeah, I will stop rambling about that now, but it was okay. Next time, though, I'll stick to a regular plain salted pretzel.

Tune In Lounge, lunch, 3.10.09

So after the American Idol Experience, and some more rides, I stopped by the Tune In to final up plans with Dave for the evening, and to get some grub before my daily nap.

I went with an old favorite, the Stacked Sandwich - Your choice of smoked turkey or ham on seven grain bread, lettuce, tomatoes, Swiss cheese and mayonnaise, served with a house salad or potato chips. I went with turkey and house salad. Like usual. Oh and of course I added mustard to the sandwich.
pic046.jpg

The salad doesn't look like much, but it's a perfect little side to go along with the sandwich. I really like this sandwich, too. It's plain and simple, but sometimes that's just what you feel like.

Oh, and of course, I also got a beverage. Can you guess what it is?
pic047.jpg

Surprise, surprise (NOT!)....Picnic Punch :goodvibes

So I didn't really want to hang out too long, as I had a nap to look forward to, before coming back to MGM for some more rides, then heading over to the Boardwalk for dinner @ESPN and Jellyrolls w/Dave. So I went back to Pop for my nappy nap time. With plans to return for more fun and games :thumbsup2

next up: more fun @Tune In, dinner @ESPN & Jellyrolls

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia...
You and your "Picnic Punch":woohoo:
I have never try one. Note to self: Gotta have me one of these Marcia Punch..;)

LOL if any of us every see David at the tune in we are all gonna order a "Marcia Punch!

hey guys i'm sorry i've been missing in action again. i actually got more hours at work so i've been working a lot a lot a lot! anyway, i'm going to try to do an update now. thanks for hanging with me!

Tune In Lounge, alcohol, 3.10.09

So after a nice nap, I headed back to MGM to use up my Toy Story FP, hit some other stuff, and of course, stop by the Tune In Lounge for a drink. So after I nabbed a FP for Star Tours (it was all that was left!), I stopped by the lounge to get something to go. Any guesses? Yeah, like I even need to tell you...
pic050.jpg

And in perfect Marcia form, I dumped it into my mug and headed over to use my TSM FP.
pic049.jpg

After spinning and spinning and shooting and shooting, I hit some more rides, stopped by the Tune In just to check in with Dave one more time, then headed over to the Boardwalk. It's a nice walk along the water, and it wasn't too hot, so it was very pleasant. The moon was looking pretty cool too. (it was much lighter than it looked, wasn't really dark out yet)
pic074.jpg

ESPN Club, dinner, 3.10.09

Anyway, so I headed into ESPN, which by the way, was packed!!! I didn't want to wait for a table, but wanted one of those bar tops in the bar area. Yeah, those were packed too. So I kinda hovered around, and nabbed a high top not too long after. I only have a couple pictures from here, since I didn't take any once Dave got there. Anyway, just a couple pics of the drink menu
pic077.jpg

pic078.jpg

I got the Espy, which was really good. Sorry, no picture of it! Dave had arrived by the time I got it.

For dinner, I got the Vegetable Sandwich - Chilled Grilled Zucchini, Onion, Portobello Mushroom with Greens, Tomatoes, and Roasted Red Pepper Hummus on Multi Grain Bread. Served with Cucumber Salad or ESPN Chips. Got it with the Cucumber Salad.

Now, I love veggie sandwiches, and this one did not disappoint. The bread was nice and hearty, and the veggies were perfectly grilled, and top it with hummus, oh I was in heaven.

I don't remember what Dave got. Burger maybe? Not sure. But he polished his off as well.

We headed out toward our next destination...

Jellyrolls, alcohol and fun!, 3.10.09

Love love love this place! Last time I went, they still allowed smoking. I think. It was back in November, and I remember it being very cold on the walk back to the car! But this was a very pleasant evening, and provided a great time. Again, only one picture here, it was the $9 big cup drink...blue hawaiian maybe? Something like that!
pic079.jpg

It was big, and yummy, and just well, a lot of drink for just 9 bucks :). Dave had his usual, Corona Lime. Can't really mess that up. Oh, one thing about this place...can't charge to the room. Had to put it on the credit card. Not that that's a problem, cuz my room charges end up there anyway, but yeah, I know some people like to rely just on the room key, so take a credit card or cash here.

Loads of fun here. Just a couple pics.
pic085.jpg

pic098.jpg

Got out of here at a decent time, didn't close it down or anything. And Dave drove me back to Pot, so I didn't have to worry about catching a billion buses.

Good times.

next up: Chef Mickey's breakfast

Nice update. :goodvibes Looking forward to what you think about POFQ, I'm planning on going there in the fall.

Love your reports. Jellyrolls looks great, we might have to try that out while we're there. Looks like we'll be in the World about the same time:).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter