MY "GETTING SPOOKED @ WDW" - MNSSHP PRE TRIPPY REPORT; 10-28-10 to Nov 4th....

knewton64

- May the luck of the Irish always be with you -
So what's up with the title?:confused3

No catchy phrases??

Nope -

I call this my Disney "Do Over" vacation as I just wanna put behind me a recently completed not so Disney ish experience out at DL & DCA (March 2010). If ya wanna read my trip report about it, just search, "If I were a Fraggle" and viola! There my TR will bepopcorn::.

Anywho -

My name is Kris and well....I am a self confessed Disney nut:yay:.

And I have decided to see MNSSHP Oct 29th (never been & looking forward to it) & a few group tours thrown in for good measure during a good time of the year to check out WDW.

So - without any further adieu, here is the approximate breakdown of what I plan on a doing:

Thursday Oct. 28th: head on over to Downtown Disney and see La Nuba. Afterwards, you just gotta head on over to Goofy's for my very first (of no doubt many) rice krispy treats and oh lest we forget....a chocolate milkshake from Ghirardelli's! YUM!!

Halloween celebrations anyone??
DSCF3531.jpg

(pic of Haunted Mansion; DL - March 2010)

Friday Oct. 29th: MNSSHP - YYEEAA!!!!!!:woohoo:. "Close the park down" at midnight and boogy on back to POFQ around 2am ish for a few beignets and adult beverages;).
Saturday Oct 30th: check out (for my very 1st time) the Epcot Food & Wine fesitval. What's a festival without a few margaritas??:)

Sunday Oct. 31st: "Keys to the Kingdom" tour of Magic Kingdom followed by a Downtown Disney version of Halloween. Or possibly in lieu of Dntwn Disney, possibly park hop on over to HS and see...for the very first time, Fanatsmic?

Monday November 1st: "Backstage Magic" tour and then a park hop on over to Hollywood Studios.

Tuesday November 2nd: 8:30am character breakfast at Tusker house followed by my very first riding of Expedition Everest:scared1:.

Wednesday November 3rd: Haven't figures it out yet but..... will finish up with dinner ressies at Narcooses - so I can watch the fireworks at MK.

Thursday November 4th:

Brunch at Beaches and Cream then a quick trip on over to??? b 4 heading back to POFQ then off to the airport.

UP NEXT:

Thinking about what kind of Cajun food to eat while out at POFQ:cloud9:
DSCF3683.jpg

(food at Cafe Orleans; DL April 2010)

T.T.F.N.

DSCF3879.jpg

(pic of Tower of Terror attraction; DL - April 2010)
- I am pictured in the back row... just to the right of the guy holding that sign -

WOW! What a month it has been! Just got back from a quick trip outta town and now and back to begin thinking about what kind of food to be a nibbling on when I head off to the house of Mouse in a few more weeks:cloud9:.
Beignets sound good no wait....on my day one, I am just a gonna have to boogy on over to POFQ's reasuarant for my very first taste of their food - cajun style followed by a slow meandering shopping spree at Dwntwn Disney.

MUST BUYS:

1) Disney cd's.
2) socks.
3) 2 pull-over shirts
4) something for my best bud; "Ladybug."
5) puzzles?
6) 2 to 3 dvds.
7) Disney Halloween lanyard Halloween pins.
8)
9)
10)

PIN TRADING! I gotta do some pin trading! I am trying to build on my collection of Halloween pins for my landyard so I can have some more to wear for my upcoming DCL cruise.
And wondering outloud here - if I can flirt with the people who run Bongos? Obtain an e-mail address perhaps? Hey - that's my Disney challenge to myself. - No wait. - And a picture to put on my trip report for proof!

Ragland Road sounds good for a few evenings since I will be heading across the pond to Ireland in a few months.

Anywho -

Hmmm.... what would Disney shopping be w/o a snack?????

:woohoo:** RICE KRISPY TREAT AT GOOFYS!! **:woohoo:

I have never had one at Goofys much less at WDW and am looking forward to it. And lest we forget ya need a chocolate milkshake to go with it (from Ghiradelli's) while making my way slowly on over to the Cirq area for the 9pm showing.

Then - nothing like walking off a bit of that while making my way back home to POFQ (where is my refillable drinking mug:lmao:) while having a few beignets waiting for me to nibble on while slugging down a few margaritas;).

I am sooooo badpopcorn::.

UP NEXT:

"Riding the train" towards the double digit dance and enough of the summer weather! Bring on Fall!

(just double click on the below video and it will play for you)

(video shot of the train in the Children's room of the Disneyland's "Dream Suite," April 2010)

DSCF3768.jpg

(photo shot while at DL; April 2010)

:woohoo: **** YYEEAA **** I FINALLY MADE IT TO THE DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE!!!! :woohoo:

OK...I will admit it.....I have never seen the Country Bear Jamboree:confused: but things are a changin' as I plan on seeing them, Phantasmic, Hall of Presidents & a few other things Halloweeny style.
Besides....been hearin' a lot about "Big Al" so I wanna see what all the fuss is about. Opinions forthcomingpopcorn::.

Got my Halloween costume all figured out & will surprise one & all with pictures of it while at WDW but to make things a little easier for me & this vacation, I cheated:scared1: & purchased recently a few WDW Disney related dvds (Phantasmic, Hallowishes, etc) as keepsakes - but I promised myself I wouldn't watch them until I got back for Orlando.

One thing I am out for watching is all the little things that make up WDW - like seeing the wooden leg just outside the entrance to Frontier land train station or the dining hall scene at HM (whee the two duelests jump out of their paintings and shoot at each other, etc).

Or to put it to you this way - I have these kinds of threads to thank for getting my courisity up:
MK Thread - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2468670

All right - enuf fer now. Gotta boogy offline 4 a while and watch the rest of a pretty neat Disney movie, "UP":).

COMING UP NEXT:

(JUST LEFT CLICK TWICE WITH YOUR MOUSE & THE ABOVE VIDEO WILL PLAY - VIDEO FROM DL; APRIL 2010)

Wishing for October to hurry up and get here & thinking seriously of having a few Guiness with my Mickey shaped rice krispy treats (dipped in chocolate) while at Epcot Food & Wine Festival (& Ragland Road).....

Or as one of the characters from Harry Potter would say....

"Wicked!"

-Details forthcoming on my next update -

T.T.F.N.

After watching the "Julie / Julia" movie on dvd the other day, I am just sooooo much in the mood for
Epcot's Food and Wine festival:goodvibes!
I am thinking I will hit it up atleast twice and enjoy a trip around the world sippin' on some good ale while nibblin' on some excellent food. ** YUM **

On a different note, it is confirmed: I will be checking out Fantasmic on the evening of OCt 31st as I have never seen it as well and am really looking forward to it.popcorn::

Gonna even check out that "Tug Boat" restaurant out at DHS (around 5pm that day) and have a jalapeno cheddar cheese preztel and a milkshake to go while I meander my way onto to Fantasmic.

Anywho -

UP NEXT:

Awaiting for the Fat Lady to start singing the start of my single digit dance & ......

DSCF3550-1.jpg

(photo shot while out at Disney Archives; April 2010)

T.T.F.N.

DSCF3647.jpg

(photo shot while out at Plaza Inn; DL - April 2010)

.....cuz it's time for me to start packing!:woohoo:
but hey.....what better way to start packing than having my trusted 4-legged assistant ("Ladybug") be helping me get this dreaded task out of the way;) since she is always trying to unpack what I just put into the suitcase!

DSCF2955.jpg

HMMMMM.....mabey she is trying to create room in the suitcase for a stowaway that fits just her height and weight!:lmao:

Anywho -

I am seeing that the festivities for MNSSHP are just what the Doctor ordered for me (as well as this whole vacation) as TX vs OU is just around the corner as YUK! I gotta work during that time!
We are already sold out Thurs thru Sunday this week so YIKES!........Oct 27th coudln't come any sooner.

But on a different note, the DDP oughta me help out during late next month - that and a few Mickey shaped rice krispy treats:cloud9:. Just found out that Tusker House does participate in the DDP (have a character breakfast there am of 11-02-10).

That and MNSSHP is looking more and more like a really fun thing to check out. Really looking forward to it. Will promise to take plenty of pics and video where I can.

CYA IN A FEW DAYS!

UP NEXT:

Finishing packing that OnE suitcase of mine, getting ready for a "Spooky" time down at WDW and while at Port Orleans French Quarter....just how many beignets go well with one's Mickey Waffles, sausage links & Scrambled eggs??

Inquiring minds are wanting to know....

T.T.F.N.

backstagemagicpics425.jpg

(photo shot while out at DL; March 2010)

With too much uncertainty on what's up with the exhibit, "Walt: A One Man's Dream," (At Disney's Hollywood Studios), I have been presented with some delecious alternative solutions to my quest of filling up my afternoon of Nov 2nd and am of Nov 4th.

I am thinking really seriously of attending MK's "The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains" tour; am of Nov 4th. But.....I gotta take a taxi to MK since the tour starts at 7:30am. A TAXI??? RRRRRRRRRR!!! Oh well...
Ok - so I have taxi issues.....but I will get over it;).

backstagemagicpics356.jpg

(photo shot while inside the Lilly Belle @ Dl, April 2010)

But.........possibly attend a pm tour of the Circle D Ranch on Nov 2nd?? Hmmmmmm - that wud mean "Berrys & Creame" (Yacht & Beach Club) wud be out........

HHHHMMMMMM.......
backstagemagicpics455.jpg

Hmmmmmm.... choices, choices, choices.....

Will be making a final decision shortly.popcorn::

T.T.F.N.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter