My First Pre-Trip Report - POR Trip

GGCATS

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone - Well I'm taking the plunge. This is my first Pre-trip report, actually first report ever. I have been enjoying reading everyone else's so I thought, "Well maybe someone out there would like to hear about our trip" so here goes... :eek:

Let me start by introducing the family. DH (48), DS (16), DD (12) and me (DM - 47) . (Once I figure out how to attach a picture I will) We have been to Disney 5 times and absolutely love it. Although for DH and me we did a one day trip to Epcot back in 1985. I only remember the WS, can't say I remember any rides at that time. If they were there we didn't ride them. But as a family we went in 2002 and every year from 2007 -2010. All our previous stays have been at the Wilderness Lodge. My DD calls it our "Home away from home". It was hard for her when we said we were going to try something new, but when I told her we were going to book a Royal Guestroom at POR, she was OK with it. :thumbsup2

This is me and DD from trip in 2007.

DSC00244.jpg

This is DH and DS also from trip in 2007.

DSC00152.jpg

So our dates this year are August 15-22. We always seem to miss the Free Dining :sad2: but due to a commitment with my husbands job, we can't do any later in August than we already are. But being able to get back to Disney this year makes us all happy. :cool1: Last year we decided to try something different and went to Myrtle Beach SC. Although DH and I enjoyed the relaxation of it, the kids did not. As soon as we returned we knew we would head back to Disney this year if we could swing it.

Well I'll add more tomorrow as I have an early morning tomorrow and if I don't stop now I know I'll be up too late. :lmao:

So time has gotten away from me, however we are now that much closer to our trip and getting more excited as we go. I figured out the pictures, so now I can add related pics as we go. Yeah! :cool1: So here are the ADRs we have set up for our trip this year:

8/16 - LeCellier for lunch
8/17 - Chef Mickeys for character breakfast
8/18 - Yak & Yeti for dinner
8/19 - Narcoossee's for dinner
8/20 - Via Napoli for dinner
8/21 - Teppan Edo for dinner

Yak & Yeti and Via Napoli are new for us this year. We love LeCellier but were not quite sure we wanted to use 2 table credits for dinner so we opted for the lunch. Their filet is very good. I agree with others that the rest of the sides and desserts are not on par with some of the others. This is why I wouldn't agree to a 2 table credit for a dinner.

Chef Mickey's we've done almost every year. In 2007 we did the character breakfast in Animal Kingdom, I don't believe it's open any more for that. So we started at Chef Mickey's and never looked back. We have gone for both breakfast and dinner. We don't usually eat a big breakfast except for the one time each trip so that's why we do this one.

Narcoosee's is by far and away our favorite. The atmosphere, the service and the wonderful food just keep bringing us back. It's relaxing and did I mention the food? We just love this place.

Teppen Edo is also a favorite. We love the hibachi style of cooking and it's always good. We like sitting with others and hearing about their trips and where they are from, it's always a good time.

We've made reservations at Yak & Yeti before and had to cancel due to plans changing throughout the day, so hopefully we will get there this year.

I'm very excited to try Via Napoli based on all the other posts made on the boards. Sounds and looks great. :banana:

In addition to doing the ADR's we've mapped out which parks have the EMH each day we are there. We get the park hopper so we can hit those parks if we aren't already there. Our family is made up of night owls. Although this year DH wants to hit 2 rope drops in the morning this year. I'll have to let you know how this works out. :goodvibes

Love your pre trip report. You and your family look so relaxed and happy at WDW. Can't wait to hear more!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter