My Dooney Dilema

Turtle31

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone,
I am really hoping someone can help me clear up my problem. I ordered from disneyshopping.com the Dooney and Burke Balloon Satchel bag for 225.00, when the bag arrived it did not have the pink heart connected to the little piece of leather. The pink heart is suppose to be hanging from the front strap and in cursive writing should say Dooney and Burke. It is pictured online in the second photo.
I called disneyshopping.com and they saw what I was talking about and sent me a replacement purse. I was to give the other purse to ups at the time of delivery. I did exactly that today. Opened up the box all excited -- still no pink heart on the purse.
Does anyone know is the picture online incorrect? This is the second one I am purchasing, my other one I bought while at the park and it has the classic Dooney swan hanging from a little piece of leather.
I still love the purse and I am sure some might think this is petty, but with the cost I want the purse to be perfect, or at least get everything I am suppose to. Thanks to anyone who has any input.

It happened to a bunch of us (there is a dooney thread) with the balloon purses that came out last year. Most of us ended up receiving heart dangles in the mail 1-2 months after we called. However, my heart dangle was SO LARGE there was no way it was intended for my bag. At that point I gave up and carry it without the dangle.

I would call back and see if they can send it solo and note if you want a smaller one or a larger one.

Good luck! :goodvibes

It happened to a bunch of us (there is a dooney thread) with the balloon purses that came out last year. Most of us ended up receiving heart dangles in the mail 1-2 months after we called. However, my heart dangle was SO LARGE there was no way it was intended for my bag. At that point I gave up and carry it without the dangle.

I would call back and see if they can send it solo and note if you want a smaller one or a larger one.

Good luck! :goodvibes

Thank you so much -at least I know I am not crazy. I will call back tomorrow and try and talk to a supervisor. I have also wondered if I call Dooney and Burke direct if they will do anything to help me. But I love the bag so much it honestly isnt going to make or break the purse for me.

I have the black balloon barrel purse and it did not come with one, but maybe it wasn't supposed to? I'd take it off any way. I am currently using the WDW 40th anniversary messenger and took the duck dangle off (it was coming off anyway).

Do you have the white one?

You can check eBay for the Dooney heart medallions as I had luck getting one there :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter