My Club 33 Adventure

Swtonscrappn

Mouseketeer
A little pre-amble:

My husband and I had planned for our 15th wedding anniversary trip late last fall. My sister-in-law (my brother’s wife) had offered to watch our children for a long weekend, while we went to Disneyland. Around the same time we started planning this trip, she came and stayed with us for several weeks in November, while my brother was working out of state. He came to our house the Sunday before Thanksgiving, ran to their home (about 90 minutes away) Monday to finish some jobs that he had put off while he was gone, planning to return Wednesday morning for the holiday.

My 26 year old sister-in-law died in our home early Tuesday morning from an undiagnosed heart defect, while my brother was away. Needless to say, we had a very difficult holiday season.

After the New Year, we decided that we were going ahead with our trip, choosing to bring my brother and our kids. My brother had never been to Disneyland.

Around March we were talking about things to do in Disney and I mentioned the "secret" club and what little I knew about it. I told him that it was something that most huge Disney fans en-devour to do sometime in their life...a regular bucket list item for many of our DIS'ers. :) (For me, Club 33 was one of those things that would be a great opportunity, but I wasn’t holding my breath to ever get to visit. We live in Montana...not somewhere I have a lot of contacts LOL)

He was very eager to do something so exciting and exclusive. He is an business owner with hands in many fires and he has many connections. He started asking every one of his business contacts about an invite, without success. When he would fly for work, he would talk to flight attendants and ask them if they met any Club 33 members to give them his card. This became his ultimate wish item for our Oct trip. (Oddly enough, he's never been on this board--he could have found many more like him LOL)

One night in late August, I was on the Dis-boards looking around before bed. I was just about to shut down, when I noticed I had a private message. I have NEVER had a private message on this board, so I kinda thought it was probably months old. Thankfully, it was only a few days old. The message said that the writer saw that I was celebrating my anniversary in Disneyland, and if I would like to eat at Club 33 as part of my celebration. The blood literally drained out of my face. As soon as I recovered, I answered with an absolute YES!! The reservation was made for my entire family (I couldn't do this once in a lifetime thing without them), and I got to have the joy of telling my brother that I just happened to get an invite to Club 33. :rotfl2:

We went on Sat. Oct 12th for lunch. It was me, my husband, my brother and our three kids:

Me and my brother deciding to eat at Club 33

My husband and Children going up the special elevator

When we got there, they did not have the 33 Chargers on the table, so we weren't able to see that, but everything was very nice.

My husband and brother choosing their meal.

Our appetizer (SOOO GOOD!)

We made it a point to visit the lady's room. My 9 year old has since been obsessed with obtaining a vanity table and having a princess toilet.

I had the Chateaubriand, and it was sooo tender. My dh favorite DL drink has always been the Mint Julep; but now its the Club 33 Mint Julep with burbon. My brother had the Squash soup. My daughter was very pleased to get her fruit salad on ice:

After the dessert bar, we went and sat on the balcony for a bit.

Near the end, we did some shopping in the souvenir case. They did have the ears and the pins available, and we bought both. I also bought the really neat pen set, and a polo shirt for my husband. We got free copies of the club history. The hospitality was exceptional.

The person who invited us to Club 33 does not know about our family situation. His invitation was very special in a time of extreme hardship. The visit to Club 33 was something that we could never earn, and it was only through his generosity that we got this once in a lifetime opportunity. It helped make this trip such a magical time for all of us and allowed us to pull together as a family after a very difficult time. It touched us to the bottom of our hearts.

So, if you ever get a private message with an invite to Club 33, know you are in for a wondrous time!

What a wonderful story. I'm sorry to hear of the loss and difficulty however am happy to hear of the very generous offering. Thank you for sharing.

I'm so sorry for your family's loss. :hug::hug::hug::hug:

And I'm glad you had a great meal at Club 33.

Getting a surprise PM invite to the restaurant is a marvelous thing. :wizard:

Your situation sounds like ours. I also had a private message that was sent. This person had no idea of our family situation but they sure reached out to us at a difficult time in our lives. I will be forever grateful to this person and what they did for our family, to give us an opportunity to experience something that would never have been in our wildest dreams.

I don't know if it's the same person or different, but what a special person they are to be helping out some families during some very hard times in their lives. It will forever be one of the biggest highlights for our family and to finally have some happy times in our family again.

I'm glad to hear that your family was able to have the wonderful experience we also were able to share. :thumbsup2

What a special dinner for you. We do have some wonderful people here.

I am sure that this trip was special in so many ways. I was also sorry to read of your loss. :hug:

I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like your invitation was extended to you at the most perfect time : ) What a wonderful memory to cherish, and a wonderful sponsor to make it happen : D

So sorry to hear about your loss. I'm glad that your family, including your brother, was able to enjoy Club 33. :)

...they did not have the 33 Chargers on the table, so we weren't able to see that, but everything was very nice.
There have been several instances of theft (or attempted), so the Club 33 charger plates are no longer placed on the table.
It was recently announced that all china will be replaced during the upcoming remodel, so it seems some guests (and some members) are stealing them :eek:

I'm sorry for your loss.
I am so glad you received some pixie dust and got to experience Club 33! What an incredible opportunity and how generous of the member to share it with you. There are some great people on here!

What a wonderful opportunity and a very special memory for you to have with your brother.

There have been several instances of theft (or attempted), so the Club 33 charger plates are no longer placed on the table.
It was recently announced that all china will be replaced during the upcoming remodel, so it seems some guests (and some members) are stealing them :eek:

Seriously?!? Ugh.

- Dreams

What a wonderful story and how nice a stranger gave your family this amazing gift! Thank you for sharing. I'm sorry for your family's loss.

Your invite sounded just like our's.. I could not believe the p.m. when I received it in July of this year.. We were able to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary there in August and enjoyed the food very much. It was such a nice quiet place to retreat to from a very crowded park.
Also, our son would not take off his Club 33 baseball hat all day.. He was so happy when people recognized it. :)
One interesting thing is that I never mentioned Club 33 in any post or actually anything about food at all.. It was just a kind Fairy God person that wanted to spread some pixie dust.. pixiedust:

So sorry to hear about your family's loss, but how wonderful that you were able to have this experience due to the kindness of a stranger.

Sorry for the loss of your loved one.

Wow that is such a special gift and to the person that extended the invite to Club 33 you have a heart of gold. :thumbsup2

Total pixiedust! pixiedust: I love that you got to visit with your family. I am sorry for your family's loss.

Please accept my condolences for your loss.

So excited you got to experience such a wonderful trip, meal, and experience.

Wow, I can't believe any member of the club would do that and put their membership at risk over a plate. I thought I read they were going to give them away and raffle them off after the remodel or during at some event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter