• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My biased opinions on WDW Dining

CKWDisney

Earning My Ears
In celebration of our 30th year of visiting WDW, I'm putting down a few thoughts on WDW dining. First, kudos to WDW for improving this over the years. Without boring you with the history of dining reservations I'll just say it is so nice to be able to make reservations in advance (we always do it the first day it is available) and know that our seat at a table will be available close to the reservation time. More recently, we LOVE the mobile ordering we experienced on our visit in May 2021 and over Thanksgiving 2021. Use it anywhere you can. On to specific restaurants . . .

Deluxe restaurants we love:
1) Citricos at the Grand Floridian Resort. While it lacks the view of Narcoosee's or California Grill, we think this is the best restaurant in the Magic Kingdom resort area. The service is always impeccable and the food fresh, inventive and delicious. We have never been disappointed.
Honorable mention: Yachtsmen Steakhouse at the Yacht Club Resort or Flying Fish (not reopened yet but we hope it does reopen) in the EPCOT resort area.

Mid-range restaurants we love:
1) Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We love the bread service with nine sauces when we have a group. Plan to get there early and spend some time looking at the animals on the savanna outside the restaurant. The logistics of getting to and from the restaurant by bus can be time consuming so we usually Uber/Lyft over.
2) Via Napoli at EPCOT. This is a crowd pleaser in that everyone always finds something to love on their menu, usually one of the pizzas.

Mobile ordering discovery:
Ale & Compass at Yacht Club. You can mobile order from a limited menu and eat it next door in the lounge. My crew felt the hamburger was the best in WDW.

Best Thanksgiving meal:
Ale & Compass at Yacht Club. After many, many years of disappointing Thanksgiving meals we LOVED the meal this year (2021) at Ale & Compass. Real turkey breast (not parts is parts turkey roll), gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans, and a delicious pumpkin tart for dessert.
Honorable mention: Liberty Tree at Magic Kingdom but it is usually crazy, chaotic busy and it is very difficult to get reservations on Thanksgiving day.

Best snack/dessert:
This has to be Dole Whip now available at a few locations using mobile order.

Best pre- or post-dinner drinks:
WDW has so many relaxing bars at their resorts and parks with creative cocktails that this is impossible. I would suggest trying the bar located closest to your dining reservation for pre-dinner drinks and the bar at your own resort for post-dinner drinks if desired. Also, most of the bars sell a limited menu of appetizers. If you are with a small group (4 or less I would suggest) without young children, try making a meal of the appetizers instead of a large dinner.

Bests budget saving tip:
Pack a backpack with water, sandwiches, fruit, snacks etc and bring it to the park. This is especially wise when you have young children with you.

Happy 30th Anniversary 🙂 I gotta say I don't think your opinions are biased at all. You are spot on with Citricos, Sanaa, and Via Napoli. All Disney at its finest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter