My 1st trip - 4 days and budget!

cali2gagirl

<font color=green>Tracy, dear, the Tag Fairy is no
I am soo excited! We are going to WDW July 19th-22rd, taking my 2 girls, ages 2 (3 a couple weeks later...going while she's free :) ) and 7, and hubby..who has been before, but none of us have!
- The 19th we'll be at Downtown Disney and our AllStars Music resort only
..20th at MK (it's a Sunday...hope it's not too crowded, I heard Monday's were bad)
and Monday the 21st we're hopping between AK 1st to MGM in the afternoon.
On the 22nd we're going to a waterpark..havent decided which one ...we have differing opinions! - After that..we have to leave Disney :(
Any tips would be great...Our budget is minimal...about 800 realistically, and that's with gas and hotel...(we're driving from Atlanta..and about 200 of that is hotel balance)...so 500??
3 days for 500...can we do it??
:earsgirl: TRACY :earsgirl:

I am a CM at the Disney STore...so I am free, and my daughters is paid for.. I'm 'supposed' to be getting a complimentery one for hubby...but if I dont get it in time..I will have to buy his. I've been browsing ebay tho...and it seems I can get a 2 day hopper (which is someones leftovers) for around 100...

We wanted to do character breakfast..but I didnt reserve a space..and it would've taken soo much of our budget! I figure we'll see characters thruout the park and she has an autograph book..so it should be ok :) I dont' know if we'd want to leave MK to go to Epcot just for the Ice Cream Social.....

If you already have 4 days paid, you would get the next 3 free at All Stars with passes. Today is the last day to book the Fairy Tale Package. You said you have to leave but I thought I would ask.

Couldn't you put your gas on a credit card and make a plan to pay it off in 3 months.

Me and my son had $500 between us and we spent $150 at Ron/Jons. As long as you are driving, bring breakfast foods along and I would rent a refrigerator. Bring juice and freeze before you leave and take them in the parks with snacks. Make sandwiches. You can use the Microwave if you want to warm something up.

My son is 15, 6'2, 160 lbs. and we got to the point that we started sharing our meal. 1 meal between us at counter service. Hamburgers, chicken fingers, the portion sizes serve 2 easily.

Good luck, I know there are many more tips on the boards, keep reading!

If your tickets are paid for that should be enough if your on a budget. Bring snacks,breakfast food from home & bring drinks from home too. Keep a cooler in your room. Your kids are small, so they won't be expensive to feed. You can even go to the outlets to buy your souviniers. There supposed to be alot cheaper there. Like you said, you don't need a charecter breakfast, you'll see all of them in the parks. If you eat your dinner during the last serving of lunch, you'll save even more money. If you need more tips on saving money, EVERYONE here is more than happy to help you out. Sometimes I think with all the tips here on the boards, it'll cost you close to nothing to go to disney. Now if I'd just listen to them, maybe one day I'd come home with money.

My advice is to AVOID Ebay for tickets. Since the tickets are electronic you have NO way of knowing if the ticket has actually been used. I have read one horror story and that was enough to turn me off of this mess.

Since you are a CM at the Disney Store I know you can go to the CM store at Disney and buy souviniers cheaper. You also get a discount at the outlet stores. I was wondering if you got a Discount on meals and stuff at the parks, might be worth asking about.

CM's used to get discounts on meals...I just heard they stopped that last month. I'm new to all this..only been with DStore since March..and again, this is my 1st trip ever!!
Ya'll have been so nice and given great advice! I wish we could've booked that fairytale package...but it required hopper purchase with the hotel stay for all people in the room...and obviously I only needed 1 adult...and I want my discount....no matter how small it is..LOL
I've thought about going to the Disney Store and getting small things to hide in my suitcase as souveniers when we get down there... I read a post somewhere too about a "Disney Fairy" which was cute :)
Another question...that Monday the 21st we are there..is our anniversary...we were 'contemplating' getting a Fairy Godmother to watch our kids for a few hours...anyone have any experience wtih this?

WOOHOO - 20 days til departure :Pinkbounc

once the first time we went at CHristmas in 1990 our kids were only DS only 9 and DD was 6.

We had a very nice godmother were name was Barb Porter. SHe was an older lady but the kid liked her right away!!! ( a good way to start the nite!!!)

I remember Mary POppins was on Disney CHannel and she brought games and puzzles.

Theres a 4 hour minimum and at the time it was $8 an hour

when we got back both kids were sound asleep and she was sittitng by the table knitting.

When she knocked at the door and I asked who it was she told me and also had her ID at the peep hole so I could see it withut opening the door!

Gee I haven't thought of her in awhile I wonder if shes still a godmother!!!!

Have fun and your kids will be in good hands!!

When DS and I were waiting to get into MGM back in 2001, a disney store CM was in line with us. She told me the CMs and their families get into the parks free. Has this policy changed?
If it hasn't, save the tickets for another trip. If you can take advantage of the CM perk, you'll be able to go to the parks as many time as you want. You may even be able to squeeze in some time at Epcot, maybe catch Illuminations.

Have you looked into connection vouchers as a way prepay some of your meals? I think the quick and casual vouchers are $11.50.
Check the budget board for tons of info on the vouchers.

I see you are going to MK on a Sunday. It may be crowded since Sunday is now EE day for MK. Also, Monday is EE day for AK. Are you planning to take advantage of EE? Your girls will have a blast in FantasyLand during the EE time. (heck, they'll have a blast anytime, but there won't be any crowds during EE)

Have you checked out the menus at www.wdwig.com ? It will give you an idea of how much meals cost?

The actual CM gets in free...but not the family :( I wish!!

And...what is "EE"(sorry..I'm still learning all these abbreviations)
Those are the days I'm goin to MK and AK tho...Sunday and Monday respectively.. hope it doesn't effect anything.

I haven't looked into vouchers...do allllll sit-down restaurants at WDW require reservations? Because I'm thinkin we'll just eat cheap snacks around the parks..then leave for meals, but if we do decide to splurge 1 night..I dont' know if we need reservations.

Here's the info about EE.

http://wdwig.com/emhour.htm

Deb has tons of info on her site about disney. Prior to my first trip in 2001, I used her menus to make our food budget.

Make sure you visit the other trip planning boards here, restaurant, theme parks, budget....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter