My 18 year old Son just bought a 1978 T-Bird

Jingle

<font color=red>Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaaah
It was owned by this older couple we know. It has 69,500 miles on it and has never been out in the winter. The body doesn't have any rust on it. It also has an 8 Track tape player in it! Talk about a blast from the past! I told my son I might be able to find a couple old Aerosmith 8 Tracks in my old closet at my parents house. I'm sure it won't be long before he puts a new stereo system in.

It runs great! The tires look like they've barely been driven on. Just needed a new battery, air filter and oil change. It rides really smooth.

He paid $1000 for it. I think he got a pretty good deal. But, I don't imagine it gets very good gas mileage!!

I had a 78 T bird -- my ex and I bought it used in 88. I "lovingly" referred to the car as "Das Boot." try parking one of those on the streets of Brooklyn -- not my favorite car.

and yes, the darn thing guzzled gas like it was water.

sounds sweet! When I turned 18, I bought a 67 mustang from a guy I worked with for $1500 (but it was in bad shape). Dropped about $6,000 into it and turned it into a real street beast. It even had the original radio in it... this was before 8track! *lol*

I learned to drive in one of these. We called ours "The Land Yacht". Parking it was a bear, but once you learn to manuver it you'll be able to drive anything :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter