• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MVMCP or Pirates & Pals Fireworks Cruise?

rachellm

Mouseketeer
We’re headed to WDW in November (week before Thanksgiving) and I think I want to do one “extra” thing.

I had originally decided against the Christmas Party. My kids are 4, 3 and 1 and we likely wouldn’t stay for the full party. We have plenty of other days at MK and don’t really need the extra ride time. My girls would LOVE to see the extra characters – but wouldn’t want to wait in the long lines to do so. I think it’s better to skip it and they just won’t even know that meeting the princes (or whoever) was an option. I like the parades and fireworks but in the past my kids have gotten overwhelmed by the crowd/noise.

I’m considering doing the Pirates & Pals Fireworks cruise. It would be on a party night so we’d see the Holiday wishes. I think it seems more low-key for a later night for the kids.

This will be on our last night after 6 days in the parks. We have BBB that morning at 10am and lunch at the castle at 1. I figure we’ll head back to the hotel for a break, hit MK a bit more until 7, than grab a light dinner somewhere on the monorail and be at the CR at 8:15.

Now I’m second guessing if the fireworks or the Christmas Party is the better option.

Any thoughts?

The voyage is a nice laid back way to end the day (or trip in your case). Plus you could take monorail to contemporary later then 7 and light dinner could be at the counter service next to chef mickeys. Then head upstairs for refreshments provided with voyage, meet and greet, then down the boat. I've done the party too. It's great but if they may be overwhelmed after a long day, I'd vote voyage.

I've done both, and I'd choose MVMCP if I had to do one again, but the Pirates Voyage was worth doing once in my opinion.

Great view of the fireworks, but very entertaining evening overall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter